Failed | Balance Druid Application

Moderator: Officers

Failed | Balance Druid Application

Postby Benobi » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:31 am

(x) YES ( ) NO Note: by ticking YES, you agree to follow the guild charter.

In game name (including previous names if any):
My Balance Druid's name is Tanor. (Its name was Benobi before I transferred to Bronzebeard from Eonar. But since I already have a Benobi on BB, well you get the picture)

I was born and for the most of my time here on earth, I have lived in Norway. I did live in Hong Kong China for 1 year, before moving back to Norway.

Class and build:
(This is the class and specc we expect you to be raiding with, and this is the specc we hope you wish to be playing with. No main-alt changing and no specc changing without approval from the GMs.)
My class, as previously mentioned is Druid. And The spec that I WANT to be raiding with is Balance. However I do have gear for and the spec for, Restoration as well. And could if necessary, go down that path also.

Dual Spec: (Please state which 2nd spec you have with the new dual-spec system and comment your gear for it).
The second spec I have is Restoration. It works very well together with my balance gear. I do have some pieces that are dedicated to each spec, such as tier gear. However some of the items I do have, are for both specs as they vastly outdo the ones I had before that item of that specific item slot.

Alts (please comment if you intend on bringing them in the guild and if not, why?):
I don't mind not bringing any alts at all if you feel that would be a hassle. But if not I'd like to bring my lvl 85 Paladin, my lvl 85 Warlock and possibly my priest. Why? Well the most obvious reasons are that being in a lvl 25 guild provides serious bonuses for my resource gathering and mount speed. As I do have Herbalism and Mining on my alts that would be the best benefit, not only for me but for anyone who'd like to borrow said potion or gem. The paladin is not terribly geared either so he could possibly be geared up at some point (So could any of my alts) and used as an emergency backup alt (although it says in the Serinity charter;and i quote;)
We usually cancel a raid if we have to rely on alts to get going.

Link to your Armory page? (If you are not using your raiding specc because of PvP or whatever reason, please link the raiding specc you will be using):
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/bronzebeard/Tanor/simple

Former guilds (on Bronzebeard or on your current realm):
On Tanor I am currently residing in the care of "Those Who Lived" For the sole purpose of guild bonuses. And because they whispered me and asked if I wanted to join. So its a symbiotic relationship (Except the "cant live without each other" part just the "both benefit from each others presence" part). On Benobi I was in Vitality through WotLK and some time in Cata. At this time Tanor was not even Created and is as far back we have to go to find anything remotely interesting for this section

Why did you leave your former guilds?:
When Vitality realized they could not establish a ground on raiding in Cataclysm, they switched focus from PvE to PvP and that's when I lost interest. I generally dislike the act of competing versus other players in the act of defeating one and other. I do however very much enjoy human created entertainment aimed for the players to struggle and work with.

What is your former raid experience (pre-TBC, TBC, WotLK)?
Pre-TBC I might have done one or two Zul Gurub runs right before TBC hit. During TBC I raided Karazhan, had a try or two on Gruul's lair. I was also inside SSC a couple of times. Never reached TK, Mount Hyjal or Black Temple. in WotLK I did every raid except some bosses in Ulduar and the Lich King himself. Simply because Vitality with me included could not do it. (well they did kill LK at one point after the raid buff got increased but I was not raiding at that one time.)

Why do you want to join Serenity?
To start of, reading the Charter I see that I agree and coincide with all of the "Principles", especially the part that says to respect each other. This is where most friendships start. I have also been on a World of Warcraft break for some time only returning a few weeks ago. Getting back in the game and socialize and perform activities with other people would certainly improve my game time quality. Obviously its the thought of shinies as well, it makes my belly tingle when I get a new piece of equipment to fit into my yet to be marvelous collection. (Who doesn't like to collect?). World of Warcraft is a 5/10 mmorpg without a guild but a 10/10 with one. To be able to communicate and share ideas is a beautiful aspect of the MMORPG Genre.

Do you have open applications to other guilds?
No I do not.

Any member in Serenity that can vouch for you?
I don't Believe I have had the pleasure of meeting any of your wonderful members yet (fully aware that I am currently "kissing ass")

The important questions now. Please take a moment to think about those before you answer.

This is probably the most important question. We are a raiding guild, and even though we do not force anyone into raiding, we are expecting players that will join us to show interest in raiding at least 3-4 days each week. Are you interested in raiding several days a week regularly???
Absolutely, getting in a routine would be good.

We do not spend a lot of time on farmed content, but we do spend a lot of times on progression, which means a lot of wiping with often very little progress. This is how we kill hard bosses and push the content. Is that what you are interested in?
Wiping is clearly a part of learning an encounter. Recording even the slightest of progress after 10 wipes is intensely satisfying for me. Wiping 10 times and doing worse each time however, I imagine could be frustrating for anyone, but that one win always SO makes up for it.

Can you play at our official raiding times which are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday from 9pm - 12 server time?
Yes, those hours are very manageable for me. Not a problem at all.

Can you log on to the Serenity website to read what is happening and sign up on the raid calendar each week whether you can attend raids or not?
Absolutely. I actually prefer doing it this way then the in game calendar.

Do you intend to show up for raids prepared, PVE raid specced, repaired, enchanted, gemmed and with a proper set of buffs (food buffs and potions/flasks)?
Yes, I don't do PvP so being correctly specced wont be a problem. I always try my best to stay on top of Repairs, enchants, gems, food, and flasks. To make sure I am correctly specced I hang around the Druid thread in Elitistjerks

We are using a Time based, fixed item price DKP system, do you agree with this? (x) YES ( ) NO

(x) I have read the Guild Charter and agree to it: Serenity Guild Charter

I also want to add that I registered for the guild forum before i made a tread (Thats usually how it goes). And that made me unable to write Tanor in the "Username" field when creating a new application thread. And that is why it says Benobi
Benobi

Re: Balance Druid Application

Postby Benobi » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:19 am

I did also forget to mention that I am currently working on getting my Enchanting maxed on this character as I had Herbalism instead. Which really doesn't provide as good of an bonus as Enchanting.
Benobi

Postby Sacs » Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:25 pm

Hi

Looking through your profile, it shows you haven't killed much in Cataclysm raid content, or much of the previous expansions. Is this a new character? Because your stated experience doesn't match this char.

I'm sure there's much you can learn from joining Serenity, which I've got no problem with at all. But I do wonder if you'll get bored with us? We're not a hussle & bussle fast paced guild, more of a plod along at a stately pace. But at the same time I think it might be refreshing to get some younger blood onboard and add some well needed energy back into the guild.
Stabby stab stab spec with stabby stab sticks
Sacs

Postby Redbully » Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:39 pm

Officers are currently looking over Tryneal's and your's application. We'll be in contact soon.
Redbully

Postby Benobi » Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:52 pm

You are absolutely correct. This is a new character and one I have barely done any raiding with at all. All my previous raiding experience is on my Paladin (Benobi) My Warlock (Rato) and my Priest (Pythe). You say I'll get bored from being in your guild, which I don't concur with at all.I want to join a guild that has a great attitude. whether or not you move through content fast is of no issue of mine.
Benobi

Postby Sacs » Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:43 pm

Benobi wrote:I want to join a guild that has a great attitude

Is he talking about us? :roll:

Surely he's made a mistake! :lol: :lol: :P
Stabby stab stab spec with stabby stab sticks
Sacs

Postby Benobi » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:33 pm

I upgraded my Tier 12 chest piece from restoration to balance. I also enchanted both of my weapons, got enchanting to max and enchanted my rings with 40 intellect. I also improved my hit to a lower number still capped, but increased my overall intellect.
Benobi

Postby Lleksam » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:15 pm

Benobi wrote:I upgraded my Tier 12 chest piece from restoration to balance. I also enchanted both of my weapons, got enchanting to max and enchanted my rings with 40 intellect. I also improved my hit to a lower number still capped, but increased my overall intellect.

Try playing with Mr Robot gear optimiser

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/eu/bronzebeard/tanor

Will also help you get best in slot items too, so you dont waste dkp points

Steve
Growing Old is not a option, but Growing up is
Lleksam

Postby Benobi » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:02 am

Thank you, that actually helped me a bit :)
Benobi

Postby Redbully » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:52 pm

Invited as Trial
Redbully

Return to Recruitment