FAILED TRIAL | warrior/Clearly, arcane mage. Xrlm/Xfact

Moderator: Officers

FAILED TRIAL | warrior/Clearly, arcane mage. Xrlm/Xfact

Postby Clearly » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:55 am

(posting as a guest as my account has not been verified yet)

(Y) YES ( ) NO Note: by ticking YES, you agree to follow the guild charter.

This application is for both my warrior and my mage. My Mage could be considered my current main, whereas my warrior would be the alt. However, both characters are geared to a point that i consider myself having 2 mains, and therefore would like it to be considered as such:
** i want to play on my warrior, but if its a choice between nothing and prog raiding, ill play on the mage**

In game name (including previous names if any):
my warrior is, and always has been called, Secutor
my mage is Currently called Clearly, was Sacrolash when i was with royal, and in all previous guilds was called bestiari

South Wales

Class and build:
(This is the class and specc we expect you to be raiding with, and this is the specc we hope you wish to be playing with. No main-alt changing and no specc changing without approval from the GMs.)

Warrior: my warrior is currently running a 13/3/55 build. this includes 4/5 shield specialization, imp. disciplines and gag order. gag order would be the first place i drop points, but for just 2 points, its a great situational talent, and free SS damage.
I run with Blocking, devestate and Last stand glyphs. last stand is interchangeable, and can be changed for shield wall, HS or cleave, dependent on encounter.

Mage: my current spec is 57/3/11 arcane, with IA. this is a very broad spec, thats valid on every encounter except anub. on anub, i run 0/53/18 frostfire. mages own this fight (well, after unholy DKs and fury warrs) and the aoe potential it has is amazing.

Dual Spec: (Please state which 2nd spec you have with the new dual-spec system and comment your gear for it).

My current offspec is 19/52 fury, with imp shouts. however, this is mostly due to the fact that secutor is right now an alt: if it were made my main, i would pick up this spec:
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#LVZhic0bZMItrx0dVdIzsGo:Mdf for anub hard mode.

im familiar with fury and arms DPS, in fact, id say im better at playing arms, even if its slightly behind fury, however im lacking a decent axe currently, and so i play lolfury. im also lacking GT/mjolnir, which severely gimps my dps> however please note if accepted, my warriors offspec gemwork and gear will be as good as it can be ASAP, its currently only slacking as its an offspec of an alt.

In regards to my proposed offspec, it is a survival build designed for anubarak add tanking. Gearwise, my unhittable set was at ~~93.5% when i last checked, although it is missing a few vital upgrades to push it over the mark.

Mage: im completley happy to provide scorch to the raid, that is if serenity dont run a demonology warlock. i would run frostfire, simply because i dont have the hit to support competitive fireball dps. contrary to popular belief, frostfire can provide competitive dps, it just needs specific gearing. i have the gear to support this.

Alts (please comment if you intend on bringing them in the guild and if not, why?):
as this is a server and faction transfer, ill only be bringing one or the other into the guild, not both, simply due to funding issues. if all goes well, a few months down the line ill bring the second into the guild.

Link to your Armory, CTProfiles, or RPGOutfitters page? (If you are not using your raiding specc because of PvP or whatever reason, please link the raiding specc you will be using):
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Anachronos&n=Secutor (second stam trinket is very often switched out for the badge honor trinket.)

Former guilds (on Bronzebeard or on your current sever)

4 guilds of note:
1. CR (at the time, crusaders Requiem) Anachronos EU, the guild where i learned to raid. at the time it was a guild that was one of the better ones on the server, and even though its not even close to the same guild now, i met some people there who will be friends for as long as i play wow.
2. saints, darksorrow EU. i left CR about 2/3 weeks into ulduar, for 2 reasons, several officers and veteran players who i considered friends were leaving the guild, and it was quite disillusioning, as well as the fact i was offered a chance to raid with a guild that was ranked ~300 in the world at the time. however, my time on darksorrow was not that great, concluding with saint merging with the second ranked alliance guild at the time, chuck and boogieman inc, forming the merger kiwi. i was left raidless and LFguild, stuck on an unfamiliar realm. i decided to return to anachronos when i got the chance, and joined:
3.Royal, anachronos Eu ( now continued in spirit under the name Obsidian). Royal is a guild with a hardcore 10man crew, but lacking slightly in 25man content, however, my reasons for leaving royal were nothing to do with this, moreso the fact a personality crash with the gm, and a longtime intrest in playing on the horde side. this personality clash was shared by others, many of the best players left to play with LoA, and the remaning reformed with a new GM under the name obsidian.
4. Cold Logic, Anachronos EU. i joined Cl around the begining of september (03/09/09) and there is nothing else i can say apart from it is a magnificent raiding guild with magnificent players and superb leadership. i can honestly say there is noone there i dislike or will not miss playing with. The only, and i cant stress this enough, only reason i am wanting to leave is a desire to continue progression raiding that i don't think will be possible when combining CL raid times with my new work schedule.

Why did you leave your former guilds?:

only one that you could consider unexplained is my time on darksorrow. as a trial at the time, i wasnt offered a spot in the guild merger, a guild that was about 50 accounts big in the first week. not that i have any issue with that, but aforementioned merger happeneed just a week after i transfered to darksorrow.

What is your former raid experience (pre-TBC, TBC, WotLK)?

i will begin by explaning i started playing WoW in august 2008, a year and 3 months ago. therefore, all of my raiding experience is LK experience.
Mage:
T7: 10man glory of the raider, missed out on my drake just by 6 minute malygos. 10/25man sartharion 3d completed pre 3.1.
t8: 10man glory of the ulduar raider completed pre 3.2 algalon down, server third, 2 weeks into toc. 25man ulduar clear, including FL, XT, Auriaya, Hodir hardmodes, and 2 yogg+3 kills for orange maces.
T9: 10man Tribute to insanity, 25man, 4/5togc.

Warrior:
T7: character was not 80, however, sarth 3d killed properly, not zerged, near the end of t8, months behind etc., but still rewarding. all other content cleared, however its backdated.
T8: 10man glory of the ulduar raider. i have tanked every hard mode in ulduar, inc yogg and firefighter, however, i have also played fury on yogg+1 and firefighter. 25man ulduar cleared. i ahve tanked every normal mode in ulduar 25, and again ahve experience as melee on yogg-saron
T9: 10man togc cleared, tribute to skill (FU 44 attempts). toc25 clearled, currently zero togc experience.

Why do you want to join Serenity?
im looking for a late night raiding guild, that is preferably at the same level of content my current guild is at ( anub hard mode).

Do you have open applications to other guilds?
yes. honesty is for the best. i have also applied to sundown, anachronos EU, and thunder, kilrogg EU

Any member in Serenity that can vouch for you?
none unfortunately

The important questions now. Please take a moment to think about those before you answer.

This is probably the most important question. We are a raiding guild, and even though we do not force anyone into raiding, we are expecting players that will join us to show interest in raiding at least 3-4 days each week. Are you interested in raiding several days a week regularly???
indeed i am. i can make all of sundowns proposed raid times, and you cna also expect me on ready for 10mans on off days too.

We do not spend a lot of time on farmed content, but we do spend a lot of times on progression, which means a lot of wiping with often very little progress. This is how we kill hard bosses and push the content. Is that what you are interested in?
completley fine. progression just dosent happen without wiping, especially things like anub hard mode, which require a lot of time and effort. effort i have put in with other guilds, and am willing to od exactly the same with serenity.

Can you play at our official raiding times which are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday from 9pm - 1am server time?
yes.

Can you log on to the Serenity website to read what is happening and sign up on the raid calendar each week whether you can attend raids or not?
yes. dedicated forum troll here.

Do you intend to show up for raids prepared, PVE raid specced, repaired, enchanted, gemmed and with a proper set of buffs (food buffs and potions/flasks)?
of course.
Warrior carries flasks and Elixirs, and food to augment any flaws in her current gear. (i.e. currently, im eating hit rating food) i also carry healing pots, and armor pots, in stacks.

Mage carries frost wyrms, and crazy alchemist pots ( theoretical bis pot for arcane mages in 3.2)

We are using a Zero-Sum DKP system, do you agree with this? (TICK) YES (Y) NO

(Y) I have read the Forum sticky: Intro to Serenity
(Y) I have read the Forum sticky: Guild Rules and Goals
Clearly

Postby Mikah » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:07 am

Thanks for your application,

We will discuss your application and try to get back to you asap.
Mikah

Postby Sacrolash » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:20 am

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Anachronos&n=Clearly

armory link for clearly, thanks for the respone.
Sacrolash

Postby Asyncritus » Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:05 pm

I seem to remember PuGing with you on Anachronos when I was in LoA. I think it was a positive experience!
Good luck with the app.

Async

(old name Elwinda when in LoA)
There are no stupid people, just those who are unlucky when they think.

"Never argue with an idiot... They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience" - Mark Twain
Asyncritus

Postby Mikah » Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:10 pm

If you could make an alt, it would be nice to have a chat tonight after 21:00?
Mikah

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:14 pm

sounds good, will be a gnome with some variant of the name sacrolash on around 9 server.

and man, didnt know there are any loa people here, thats really good to see.

Postby Mikah » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:59 pm

Could you create an account so I can activate it please?
Mikah

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:08 pm

already have, name of the account is secutor

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:23 pm

character is on BB alliance, name is clearly, secutor was taken :(

and yeah, name of the account is Secutor, was sent a mail about it.

Return to Recruitment