LF 3v3/5v5 slot on warrior 2v2/3v3 slot (if RMP) on rogue

Everything related to ganking other humans in here.

Moderator: Officers

LF 3v3/5v5 slot on warrior 2v2/3v3 slot (if RMP) on rogue

Postby Twhirlwind » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:08 am

Title explains it pretty much:p
After my m8 palamudin transferred I lost my beloved arena buddy:(

I played rogue in s1 and s2 (s1 with danipriest 2003 rating(combat fist rogue+spriest), s2 with palamudin 1980 ish rating near the end (combat swords +holy pally)
I started leveling and gearing my warr near the end of season 2, played some with palamudin at 1800 rating but my gear was pathetic (90resi ,thunder, 26 crit chance..., 9k hp etc) so that was kind of our cap till opponents grossly outgeared us

took a long break (3 months+) and came back halfway s3 , retired my rogue as I didnt like hemo playstyle (imbalanced =/= fun to play, only shadowstep is a fun ability now)

Farmed honor for vindicator gear now, got 301 resi 12k hp 1860 ap 37,2 crit with battleshout but as I said palamudin has left so i'm in dire need of a new arena buddy/team

My experience from season 1 and 2 seems pretty worthless now as so much has changed, but i'd like to aim for at very least 1850 again asap and hopefully 2k+
I found a good new teammate in TP/swep's druid alt for 2v2's , his gear still lacks heavily but we do pretty damn well considering and it's alot of fun:)
Still, id like a serious 3v3/5v5 team to get some more rating and be able to play more games and explore the changes in s3

I'm not too sure about what 3v3 setups work for warrior now in season 3, disc priests seem almost mandatory to have (might change in 2.4 with the mana burn nerf).
Ele shaman/warr/disc priest mebeh only i dont know any arena shamans on bronzebeard:( nor disc priests <,<

long story short : I'd like to find a 3v3/5v5 for serious play , not only 10games a week for free epix:p ,but for the competition and fun
Twhirlwind

Postby Themark » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:08 am

for 3 vs 3 ms war ret pala and resto shammy work good, there are severely teams over 2k rating withthis setup, but the majority are horde (aoe silence, warstomp, nerf racials in arena)

Ah and since I have dueled with you, I give you a suggestion against ret pala(you know without lucky dodges you are going away), never do thunderclap on ret paladin, only disarm and carge everytime you can, that is, if you are lucky with dodges it is done, but if you do thunderclap you increase seal of command proc near to 100%, and you know that ignore armor and if crit is nasty damage.
When the darkest hour come upon us, remember the light you have inside
When you find SERENITY, you know to be at home
ADMINISTRATOR OF THE RET PALADIN WORLDWIDE COMMUNITY FORUM
Legendary isn't only a "title" it's a lifestyle!
Themark

Postby Twhirlwind » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:28 am

thanks for the tip, i thought it decreased chances not increased:s as less swings should mean less procs?
I also thought soc proc chance relied on weapon speed unbuffed/debuffed, if debuffs n buffs apply does that mean haste is pretty useless for ret pally? as it would make their attack speed faster and by the thunderclap logic decrease proc chance

And I guess ret pally and warr and shaman would work pretty well, dispel from pally+bosac+bop/bop + purge being amazing at offensive dispelling
pallies are downright scary with windfury totem and heroism too ,but wouldnt drain teams screw this setup over?
Guess it's upto the shaman and warr to interupt mana burns but still:p
I'm up for giving that setup a try if you want to and know a good 300+resilience resto shammy:p
itll require a pretty f ing leet shaman to be able to heal alone seeing shammies have no hots or instaheals
Twhirlwind

Postby Themark » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:12 pm

My problem is that I know an insane quantity of good warriors, but no shammyes XD

Regardin thunderclap and soc proc, seal of command is a 7ppm proc rate. That is why a slow weapon is good for it, and with thunderclap you make it slower, so you see you increase the chance my hits proc seal of command.
Haste rating is pretty unuseful for pvp(better armor ignore), but for pve, my damage is about 54% autoattackso making my attack speed higher increase anyway the dmg I dish, soc will always proc 7 times in one minute. And shame blizz, this is the great difference between ally and horde regardin paladin dps, horde use seal of blood that deal lesser damage but that proc everyhit so it benefit from haste rating too, making a big difference with seal of command, that you can't control but just hope it proc, like windfury.
When the darkest hour come upon us, remember the light you have inside
When you find SERENITY, you know to be at home
ADMINISTRATOR OF THE RET PALADIN WORLDWIDE COMMUNITY FORUM
Legendary isn't only a "title" it's a lifestyle!
Themark

Return to Pvp