SoO - Galakras

Here is where you can find helpful data about our raid encounters in WoW

Moderator: Officers

SoO - Galakras

Postby Galwar » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:31 am

For the last phase, is this below correct?

1. We stack up
2. Whoever gets focused with the fireball should move a few steps behind the stacked group so that the fireball goes through us all.
3. After the fireball lands, that player runs back to the stack.
4. If you have more than X stacks of the debuff, you move away from the group until the debuff runs off.
5. If you are away and you get targeted by the fireball, repeat step 2; return to (behind) the group, so the damage gets shared.

People did stack up, but I'm not 100% sure everyone moved in the proper way when they were targeted or when they had too many stacks of the debuff, so I am repeating this.
[W To] [Mikah]: status
[W From] [Mikah]: Sacs explaining
[W To] [Mikah]: Ah, Mikah - I got charged for a neck piece 2 times on the DKP list
[W From] [Mikah]: DBM auto-respond: 6/10 now asleep, Sacs 78% done
Galwar

Re: SoO - Galakras

Postby Lockwolfnl » Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:21 pm

Sort of, though IIRC the fireball has a small range so even if everyone's stacked, they still get the debuff, not 100% sure of that though.

Like I said before on Vent, I can soak a fireball's damage all by myself every minute due to my active and passive absorbs plus selfhealing though. :P

But the thing that killed us, was us having way too many stacks and at this moment we can't handle having 5+ stacks of the debuff. This can only be solved by either having 2 groups and have people be flexible about moving between groups OR keep stacked up and first have a few people out and let the stacked people get a few debuffs before scatering and the unstacked people stacking up.

I'm sure we'll figure something out, we weren't too far off from the kill. :)
Lockwolfnl

Postby Althos » Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:13 pm

Lockwolfnl wrote:Like I said before on Vent, I can soak a fireball's damage all by myself every minute due to my active and passive absorbs plus selfhealing though.

This is something you might soak, but to my understanding it doesn't help. Since the impact of the ball creates an AoE damage, raidwide.

Flames of Galakrond Icon Flames of Galakrond is the main attack that Galakras uses during this phase. The boss shoots a large ball of fire at a random player, which travels slowly through the air. Each player that intercepts the ball of fire has a moderately damaging, 15-second Fire damage DoT stacked on them, but also causes the ball of fire to lose potency, causing it to deal less damage to subsequent players. When the ball reaches its final destination (the location of the targeted player), it lands, exploding and dealing a large amount of raid-wide damage. The amount of damage that this explosion does is reduced for each player that had intercepted the ball of fire while it was flying.

Taken from icy-veins.com

That said, I agree with it being healable up to 5 stacks. We just need 2 strong healers. No offense to Skip last night, but his healings were just not enough. I'm not here to argue if he did or did not do his best, but it just wasn't enough for whichever reason(s). I recorded the evening using WoL (so I know the difference from a fact and not just a biased opinion) and I am able to carry Skip on certain fights, but this phase 2 is just too much damage to carry a healer. This is ofc from a 2man healing point of view, but this fight should be healed by 2 persons to prevent any RNG on the NPC's or just to get overrun by adds.

That said, I also agree to the point that we were VERY close, so a kill should be in sight :D
Althos

Postby Lockwolfnl » Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:36 pm

Yeah, I just checked the ingame journal, I either forgot about the raid-wide damage or I just simply missed it. Either way, stacking is prefered.

To comment on your other point, it could also be solved by the dps upgrading their (or rather our, since I'm a dps as well ofc) gear. And compared to the last time we've tried this boss on normal, the adds went down a lot quicker with all dps downstairs. All in all we make some nice progress I'd say.
Lockwolfnl

Return to Tactics