Tier 12 Firelands Boss Guides

Here is where you can find helpful data about our raid encounters in WoW

Moderator: Officers

Re: Tier 12 Firelands Boss Guides

Postby ChrisMcLean » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:13 am

the tactic shown in the video will have me tank the hound on the other side of the raid to give a good distance Riplimb has to run when he fetch the spear, and should give me enough time to avoid big stacks of the Jagged Tear debuff, without havn't to look for traps or wait for a new one
Join us, brothers and sisters. Join us in the shadows where we stand vigilant. Join us as we carry the duty that cannot be forsworn. And should you perish, know that your sacrifice will not be forgotten... and that one day, we shall join you.
ChrisMcLean

Postby ellybelle » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:43 am

Chris, you were quite far away from the boss last night, and i think that's how all the tactics have it, including Mjol's. And it's fine, so long as you're aware of the fact that there will be no one to heal you if you go absolutely away from the entire raid. You only died after extended periods out of healing range. Perhaps put on your vuhdo while tanking and you can see whether you're in range or not?

I don't think it solves some basic problems, which to my mind are (1) we very much need to clarify this tactic we're using so the raid's aware of the change. Here's a brief description found online of the tactic Paul suggested during raid, which we tried to the most success: 'it appears another possible twist to the strat would be to focus all dps on rageface and kill him immediately. The face rage ability is apparently (and in our case definitely) more dangerous than the boss with +1 enrage bonus...I think this should be added to the strat so that all dps is on him (yes even melee, just chase him down) until he is dead, Then get boss to 35% then kill riplimb and move into the final phase.' So we kill the 2nd dog before the boss, but get the boss to 35% before killing the 2nd boss which brings about phase 2.

(2) we need a better healer disposition for dealing with the spread out nature of the fight. We will inevitably spread out some during the fight, when a trap lands in the middle, and people will move away from it to protect themselves. We should therefore likely assign two healers to not bother to raid heal but one to look after Chris (who should still mind to be near the raid) and one to look after Dur/Rinky. Obviously they'll need help, but can keep their tanks up during movement away from traps/face rages. We'll need people with quick cd's on the raid for face rip. You need to be able to heal like 80k damage per tick on them. The only heal I have that quick is riptide, and it heals you know like 14k! I think druids will also struggle with this.

some helpful info from GTX -

'Dealing with the 1st face rage
We've had the most trouble with the first face rage. We need to have a pally BoP the first target to buy the casters time to ramp up to a big enough nuke to get him off the first person.
Healers be prepared for face rage at the beginning. nukers take ramp up time so first one might hurt.
If you have a defensive CD you can cast while stunned (Dispersion, bubble) use it on the first face rage. '

Finally, Chris is correct, the debuff can be reset. It is suggested that instead of standing still, the boss be kited, to allow the tanks to do just that. 'tank on boss full time - when he throws his spear kite him away so you can drop your debuff before dog gets back with spear. he can't debuff you without his spear.'
ellybelle

Postby ChrisMcLean » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:53 am

my plan was to use heroic leap to get some distance as he throws the spear so the hound has to run to the spear first before going to the boss

and a note i wasn't far away from the raid last night i was running in and between it looking for a trap to the dog
Join us, brothers and sisters. Join us in the shadows where we stand vigilant. Join us as we carry the duty that cannot be forsworn. And should you perish, know that your sacrifice will not be forgotten... and that one day, we shall join you.
ChrisMcLean

Postby Duraino » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:02 pm

watched vid and think Chris tactic makes sence as it keeps the spear bomb away from raid at all times
and i think Chris is capable of managing such a tactic as i seen him in action.
*** Pally <3 4 eva ****
Duraino

Postby Cogwhirl » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:25 am

Update: Added some more Tankspot video/tactic guides for a few more bosses. Also of note is that 25man.com have changed their guide for Shannox, and now say to kill Rageface ASAP, get Shannox to 35% or so then kill RipLimb, then finish off Shannox. They've also suggested a fuller kill order now:

Shannox
Beth'tilac
Lord Rhyolith
Baleroc
Alysrazor

THEN Majordomo and Raggy. Apparently you can pull Baleroc before Alysrazor.

Cog
If oranges are orange, why aren't bananas yellow?
"Rogues don't do buffs or other group things. If you want a hug ask the Paladin."
Cog's Armory link.
Cogwhirl

Postby Daveangel » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:49 pm

I've done Shannox, Beth'tilac and Rhyolith now and worked on Alysrazor.

In 10 man I think Shannox is probably the hardest of the four of them in terms of tactics and execution. Beth'tilac was really easy, Rhyolith pretty hard and Alsrazor hard but a lot of fun.

We took the dogs to 5% and the boss to 35% then finished the dogs off an nuked the boss. We tanked the dogs separately and would trap Ribface in a trap after a spear throw to reset stacks on the tank. In 25 man it might be easier to use 3 tanks and rotate tanks on Shannox to reset stacks. That way you just have to move Ribface into a trap every now and again to reset stacks on the Ribface tank.

The hardest part of the fight was Facerage on a clothie. I think this is a bit RNG and makes it worth killing Rageface first. That doubles the damage on Shannox but that should be healable.
Daveangel

Postby Cogwhirl » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:46 pm

Added a Raggy video from Tankspot.

Cog
"Rogues don't do buffs or other group things. If you want a hug ask the Paladin."
Cog's Armory link.
Cogwhirl

Postby Cogwhirl » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:14 am

Added a link to Wowhead News that has a single page with ALL boss tactics on (even Occu'thar!), using Tankspot videos.

http://www.wowheadnews.com/blog=191947/ ... strategies

Cog
Cog's Armory link.
Cogwhirl

Postby Mjöl » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:36 am

Thats a nice formated and all in one look page, nice link !
Thanks to the Themark for my avatar ! (Breast and Arms on Pic not edited, only Hair photoshopped. Seriously.)
Mjöl
Site Admin

Postby Adamantite » Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:01 pm

At Alysrazor a debuff showed up on my decursive and peopled died very quickly, if it wasn't removed. Reading the guides, I can't seem to find a debuff except the Gushing Wound, which should be on the tank? Anyone know what it is?
Adamantite

Postby Cogwhirl » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:03 pm

Cogwhirl wrote:Lord Rhyolith
Ellyspot - Elly's paraphrased tactics from 25man.com
Tankspot - tactics and video
Video - trash gauntlet and boss video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRKayYLQ8Lw - LearnToRaid.com

*bump* for tonight.

Cog
Cog's Armory link.
Cogwhirl

Postby Cogwhirl » Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:07 pm

Bump - I've been slacking recently, but added a couple more videos for Lord Rhyolith that've been mentioned elsewhere in this forum.

Cog
Cog's Armory link.
Cogwhirl

Previous

Return to Tactics