Tier 12 Firelands Boss Guides

Here is where you can find helpful data about our raid encounters in WoW

Moderator: Officers

Tier 12 Firelands Boss Guides

Postby Cogwhirl » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:00 am

Alrighty, since Elly is getting ahead of things, I figured I ought to as well :)

I'll initially just have links to Elly's separate posts and will add links to external sites as they come up. As always, feel free to post your links to guides and videos and I'll update this post at least once a day when there's stuff to update.

Remember we'll also have the Dungeon Journal ingame too, so we can get some idea of what each boss does there as well as these guides/videos (in other words, don't go "I don't need guides it's all ingame!" because, I assure you, it isn't).

Some general info - the instance has seven bosses. The first four bosses (Beth'tilac, Alysrazor, Shannox and Lord Rhyolith) can be done in any order, but all must be downed before proceeding to the final three (Baleroc, Majordomo Staghelm and Ragnaros).

--------------------
The Firelands

Complete listing of all seven bosses directly from the ingame Dungeon Journal - Wowhead News.

Single page with ALL boss encounters on, using Tankspot videos: Wowhead News. Includes Occu'thar in Baradin Hold.

Shannox
Ellyspot - Elly's paraphrased tactics from 25man.com
Tankspot - video and tactics
Video - LearnToRaid.com (NOTE: on live servers, the dogs cannot be taunted)

Beth'tilac
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8OQFgKTn_Q - LearnToRaid.com

Alysrazor
Trash video - Boss Fight Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTD2ciqd3CM - LearnToRaid.com (10-man)

Lord Rhyolith
Tankspot - tactics and video
Video - trash gauntlet and boss video.
Video - LearnToRaid.com
Tank PoV - tactics video.
Warlock PoV - Kill video.

Baleroc

Majordomo Staghelm

Ragnaros
25man.com - tactics

--------------------

Cog
Last edited by Cogwhirl on Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:06 pm, edited 22 times in total.
If oranges are orange, why aren't bananas yellow?
"Rogues don't do buffs or other group things. If you want a hug ask the Paladin."
Cog's Armory link.
Cogwhirl

Re: Tier 12 Firelands Boss Guides

Postby ellybelle » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:46 am

Ty cog, they're all mostly paraphrased from 25man.com, as their tactics are the most recent (within a couple of days if possible).

BTW - As of 4.2, normal versions of Bastion of Twilight, Blackwing Descent, and Throne of the Four Winds will be nerfed and will only reward Justice Points.

I guess it's back to doing 5-mans to gear up for raiding...
ellybelle

Postby Cogwhirl » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:54 am

Okiedoke, I've updated with links to the longer versions of the strats and also one there for Baleroc too that was released just yesterday.

Cog
"Rogues don't do buffs or other group things. If you want a hug ask the Paladin."
Cog's Armory link.
Cogwhirl

Postby Adamantite » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:44 am

Hi.

Could we get an order on which boss' to do first please? Reading and trying to remember all tactics won't work for me, so a priotised lists of targets would be helpful.

/Adam
Adamantite

Postby ellybelle » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:13 am

The first four bosses listed are outdoor bosses and can be fought in any order, so I guess that's up to Mjol.
ellybelle

Postby Adamantite » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:55 am

I know they can be fought in any order, otherwise I wouldn't have asked it ;-).
Adamantite

Postby Mjöl » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:58 am

And in the end on what the raid has the easist time, and what is then also considered by the "net" as easist boss etc.
Thanks to the Themark for my avatar ! (Breast and Arms on Pic not edited, only Hair photoshopped. Seriously.)
Mjöl
Site Admin

Postby Cogwhirl » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:36 pm

Added a link to the entire in-game Dungeon Journal text for Firelands from Wowhead News.

Also, from 25man.com:

25-man.com wrote:On the forums there is a lot of talk about this boss [Beth'tilac] being the easiest. It is presumed to be a “gearcheck”. I do agree this boss is a gearcheck, however I do not think that this will be the easiest boss in Firelands. I advise guilds to first kill shannox, before pushing to the Spider Queen.

Cog
Cog's Armory link.
Cogwhirl

Postby Cogwhirl » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:08 pm

Updated with a Majordomo Staghelm guide.

Cog
Cog's Armory link.
Cogwhirl

Postby Cogwhirl » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:09 pm

Updated with a Raggy guide.

Cog
Cog's Armory link.
Cogwhirl

Postby Cogwhirl » Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:01 pm

Re: The kill order, this is a post from (again) 25man.com:

25-man.com wrote:Next week will be the release of the Firelands raid dungeon. A lot of people asked me for advise on what boss they should kill first. Below you will find what I think should be the ideal killorder for the Firelands raid bosses.

The killorder is the following:

Shannox
Shannox should be killed first. He is the least complex fight (mechanics wise). He is the closest you can get to a tank and spank fight in Firelands.

There are 2 main issues you will have to watch, which are A) Assignments and B) Awareness. Just make sure to kill the 2 adds when Shannox is at around 30% and yell on vent that everyone should move out of traps and you are good to go.

Alysrazor
Alysrazor and Beth’Tilac are around the same difficulty, however Alysrazor is a less complex boss (mechanics). Basically this fights boils down to DPSing all the adds down and move out of the fires on the ground. On PTR this fight washighly undertuned (10man was a complete joke) so it is very likely that this boss is a lot more difficult on live. Still: his mechanics are easy to learn.

Beth’Tilac
Beth’Tilac was extremely hard on PTR. Especially Phase 2 was unforgiving. However Blizzard nerfed this boss a lot in their latest installment which makes this fight very much doable on the PTR. Still phase 1 is kinda complex (4 different types of adds, raid split in 2 groups, people have to pay attention) which makes this fight harder than the previous 2 in my opinion (again: complexity wise). This fight should be placed 2nd, if Blizzard pumps up Alysrazor a lot.

Rhyolith
Rhyolith and was a complete disaster on PTR. The mechanics are unique, new and hard. There are still several bugs on the PTR which makes this fight hard to control. Especially for guilds that went in blind this fight was an unpleasant suprise. For the Horde and Ensidia had a complete night full of shameless wipes on the first night of PTR on this boss. They had extreme difficulties to control the boss. These issues are not all cleared up yet.

On top of that the mechanics are hard. If the big add is loose in the raid => its a garanteed wipe. There is also a lot of randomness in this fight (unlucky spawn of volcanoes + adds are extremely hard, especially on 10mans). Make sure to kil this boss last.

Baleroc and Majordomo
The last 3 bosses are linear and cannot be killed in a different order. Baleroc and Majordomo are a lot easier than Rhyolith on PTR right now. The fights are very straightforward and shouldn’t be hard to learn. Especially Majordomo is very easy to learn (mechanics wise).

Ragnaros
Ragnaros is onsiderable harder than the other bosses (except for Rhyolith maybe) and should feel like a real endboss. There is one aspect that can make this fight rather frustrating: The later Phases are harder (especially the last phase). This boils down to: lots of wipes learning every step of this encounter.

Do not underestimate Ragnaros. He is killed on PTR but his last phase was never really tested. Especially on heroic this boss will be a real challenge.

Cog
Cog's Armory link.
Cogwhirl

Postby Cogwhirl » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:04 pm

BUMP for tonight, people! Git your reading and watching on!

Edit: Also reordered the bosses and added a Tankspot link for Shannox.

Cog
Cog's Armory link.
Cogwhirl

Postby ChrisMcLean » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:18 pm

there are Learntoraid guides for alle the 4 bosses just only Shannox is there as a 25 man guide

Shannox 25:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9jLAuI7 ... re=related

Beth'tilac 10:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8OQFgKTn_Q&feature=related

Lord Rhyolith 10:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRKayYLQ8Lw

Alysrazor 10:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTD2ciqd ... re=related
Join us, brothers and sisters. Join us in the shadows where we stand vigilant. Join us as we carry the duty that cannot be forsworn. And should you perish, know that your sacrifice will not be forgotten... and that one day, we shall join you.
ChrisMcLean

Postby ChrisMcLean » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:36 pm

think i found a way to get my debuff off me from the Riplimb dog
i would like to try a raid setup like in this vids
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49exM3UtXec
Join us, brothers and sisters. Join us in the shadows where we stand vigilant. Join us as we carry the duty that cannot be forsworn. And should you perish, know that your sacrifice will not be forgotten... and that one day, we shall join you.
ChrisMcLean

Postby Mjöl » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:34 am

Sounds good, cant watch however vids here at work, so explain shortly.

As written i nother topic - bugfixes - trash respawns now 4 hours after, the in combat bug is fixed, and rageface does less dmg.
Thanks to the Themark for my avatar ! (Breast and Arms on Pic not edited, only Hair photoshopped. Seriously.)
Mjöl
Site Admin

Next

Return to Tactics