Lord Rhyolith 25 Man

Here is where you can find helpful data about our raid encounters in WoW

Moderator: Officers

Re: Lord Rhyolith 25 Man

Postby Redbully » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:03 pm

Duraino wrote:
tbh just let me loose on this boss on my own, I'll solo it case closed. You guys can just watch from afar as my pure awesomesauce defeats the boss!

bwahahaha u couldn't solo hogger mate :P

Well....
Last edited by Redbully on Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Redbully

Postby Cogwhirl » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:52 pm

If oranges are orange, why aren't bananas yellow?
"Rogues don't do buffs or other group things. If you want a hug ask the Paladin."
Cog's Armory link.
Cogwhirl

Postby ellybelle » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:57 am

Some really good tries last night, particularly the third, which lasted 5m39s. We wiped at the end because the raid was taking 150000 damage per second from eruption. People take too much damage from eruption when there are too many volcanos which haven't been stomped.

There is a really super thread about stomping volcano priority on the us forums. I'd encourage anyone who may be assigned to drive the big guy to read it. Some good ideas here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2743687884

About the dot on players created by volcanos: 'It is ok to have 4-8 stacks on most the players, that is still survivable. It is when everyone nears 12-16 stacks the stomps and subsequent volcanoes do much more damage.'

We're getting sometimes 20 stacks on people, it's just not healable.
ellybelle

Postby Mjöl » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:37 pm

20 stacks is surely ouch. I also think that overall we dont do too much wrong anymore. The preventable error however is still the lavastreams, altough that is also better then in the past.

So, logically, if we are not doing it mostly ok, and the adds are going down, then it must have to do something with the volcanos. Any other conclusion could have been that we are too long in first phase of too less dps on the legs. However, i cant see to have much less dps on the adds, they are already on the edge of going down in time. What likely still can, and has to be improved is that all ranged dps are attacking the legs when they have time, because that is quite sure needed.

So, that steering and deactivating the volcanos is the keypoint currently that still lets us wipe, at least so it looks to me.
Thanks to the Themark for my avatar ! (Breast and Arms on Pic not edited, only Hair photoshopped. Seriously.)
Mjöl
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Tactics