Beth'Tilac 25 Man

Here is where you can find helpful data about our raid encounters in WoW

Moderator: Officers

Beth'Tilac 25 Man

Postby ellybelle » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:35 pm

(Paraphrased from 25man.com)

Split the raid into two groups -
Group 1 (the group going up the web and handling the boss in p1) - 1 Tank, 2 Healers and 5-6 Melee (preferably) dps
Group 2 (this group will be on the floor to the North and on adds in p1) - 1 off-tank picking up the Cinderweb Drones, 3 (single target pref) Ranged dps assigned to the Spinners, the rest of the ranged dps need to aoe the cinderweb spiderlings and kill the drones, the remaining healers.

Group 1 on Beth'Tilac in Phase One-
Boss casts meteor burn on you, move out of it.
Boss has a energy bar, when the bar reaches 0 she casts smoldering devastation which will kill anyone who hasn't jumped into a hole in the middle of the web for the cast. You'll have to move back up the web after the devastation.
Melee Dps should dps boss and watch for any small or medium spiders climbing up the web. If any reach the boss, they heal her.

Group 2 on Adds in Phase One-
2-3 ranged assigned to kill spinners who hang by a thread over raid and do minor damage while up.
Cinderweb Drones are large adds which need to be tanked and faced away from the raid. They do a acid cone of damage. They must be killed before their energy bar reaches 0. At 0 energy they climb the web to the boss and heal her.
Cinderweb Spiderlings need to be top priority for dps in this phase, they can be aoe'd. They run to the other spiders, either the drones or the boss, and when they reach another spider, they heal that spider.

After casting smoldering devastation three times, Beth'Tilac will move down the web to the floor and Phase 2 will begin, group 1 should have dps'd her, as you need to begin this phase with the boss between 70-75% hp. If we don't get her to 75% in that phase it's recommended we move more people to the web team (group 1).

Phase two is mostly tank and spank with a tank swap.

We should form an equilateral triangle on the boss. One point on the triangle to the main tank, one point the off tank and one point the rest of the raid.

During Phase 2 the boss will periodically cast widow's kiss on a tank. The off tank taunts and holds her for 20 seconds. At the end of 20 seconds, widow's kiss will drop off and the main tank will taunt back. Widow's kiss does aoe dps to anyone near the kissed target, which is why the tanks stand apart on the triangle. Widow's kiss is also a healing debuff, so the tank with the kiss will not be able to be healed with the kiss active, therefore the tank swap.

The boss gains a frenzy over time, stacking buff for the damage she does to the tank. This is a soft enrage timer for the kill, as at some point it becomes unhealable.
Edit to add L2R video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8OQFgKT ... detailpage
ellybelle

Re: Beth'Tilac 25 Man

Postby ellybelle » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:40 am

I really think we need a resto druid or disc priest on the tank on the boss in p1, or both or a different mix of healers. I say this because the boss has been known to kill a heroic geared tank in 3-4 hits and I feel really frustrated that I've got no hots or protection I can do for him for the first hits, because I must get to the top and start casting. She's meleeing every second or .7 seconds, my cast times are like two seconds for anything more than 10k. The melee hits are 80-90k, I think Rinky can only take 2-3 max before a heal. With a resto druid or disc priest, he can be hotted/pre-shielded for the first hits without the danger that shammies and pallies have trying to get up quickly enough to heal within the first two seconds of him taking the first hit. I know he can use cd's, but I'd really love to try it with me and a druid or zoz and a druid, I'd bet 10 gold we'll see an instant improvement on fewer deaths by big spider on the big tank (minus the smoldering destruction). Now I've seen this fight two nights, I'm convinced this fight was written by the guy who really wants us to see druids as tank healers.
ellybelle

Postby Redbully » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:04 pm

Gief Hugz plox, his heals make me have an ickle sex wee ^^
Redbully

Postby Mjöl » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:13 pm

Sure, sounds like a job for larry/hugz then up there ! spiderman....spiderman...look what spiderman can do.... :mrgreen:

First goal for us - reach phase 2 with tank alive and the majority of the raid alive
Second goal - reach phase 2 without being overrun by adds and with all addds actually dead
Third goal - Bring the boss down, balance out how much % boss should be when phase 2 starts
Thanks to the Themark for my avatar ! (Breast and Arms on Pic not edited, only Hair photoshopped. Seriously.)
Mjöl
Site Admin

Postby Kurrelgyre » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:25 pm

Before I forget. The 'Green' group for tonights attempts was (I think) :-
Kurrelgyre
TheMark
Maceo
Tusvor

Was going pretty smoothly with the full group. Not sure how things would change if one or more DPS were taken away to attack the boss.

We need quite a few players with taunts downstairs, as we now need to get 5 threads for players going up - possibly more. I guess with proper planning we could do this with 2 taunters if we started taunting at the right time before the aoe phase.
Kurrelgyre

Postby Vinkle » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:04 am

The players on in my group (Circle) killing the Spiderlings at the Cross consisted of:

Myself - Slowing adds with Chillbane tallent and AoEing
Asyncritus - Using Mind Sear to AoE adds?
Vangeffe - Using Shadowfury? to stun adds and then AoE
Ellymental - Healing <3
Vinkle

Postby ellybelle » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:04 am

ooo ooo I slow with earthbind too!
ellybelle

Postby Asyncritus » Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:21 pm

For our group it was stupidly easy with 3 DPS (Vink doing ice chain thing) but needed good timing and well placed slows with just 2 DPS.
There are no stupid people, just those who are unlucky when they think.

"Never argue with an idiot... They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience" - Mark Twain
Asyncritus

Postby Redbully » Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:28 pm

Asyncritus wrote:(Vink doing ice chain thing)

Tut tut its was howling blast with chillblains talented. DK awesomeness! /highfive!
Redbully

Postby Paul » Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:35 pm

My group last night had..

1.Me on the bar stool slowing myself with beer.
2.My mate Ian on the next bar stool aoeing with peanuts.
3.And Dave was at the fruit machine aoeing with coinstorm.

We wiped but only once....
Paul

Postby ellybelle » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:18 pm

yup, i agree with async. if it doesn't matter up top, then maybe we keep vinkle and his slows and send van instead next time. Would miss van's stun, but probably would keep it stupid easy on x with just two dps
ellybelle

Postby Cogwhirl » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:56 pm

I know I wasn't there last night so I'm not sure what you did, but it sounds like assigned groups with slows. If you want me downstairs, then I can use Crippling Poison on my throwing weapon so whatever group can be constantly slowed every few seconds without help. It will do less AoE DPS though as there's no damage component to Crippling, so I'd need help on actually killing them. Also, my single-target DPS can be decent, so it's up to the RL whether I'm up top or down below.

Cog
If oranges are orange, why aren't bananas yellow?
"Rogues don't do buffs or other group things. If you want a hug ask the Paladin."
Cog's Armory link.
Cogwhirl

Postby Kurrelgyre » Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:55 pm

Hey Cog. Quick summary of last night for ya - We got the control of adds downstairs sorted - and the tanking and healing upstairs (ensuring enough threads available) etc.
This was done with all dps downstairs to see how far off we were on required dps on the boss in p2.
Got boss down to 30% before the aoe damage became too high and we were all deaded.
Probably need 2/3/4 dps upstairs to get boss to 70-80% before phase 2 starts. Just ned to work out who we can take away from downstairs without the little adds/drones/'taunts for threads' getting out of control.
Kurrelgyre

Postby Cogwhirl » Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:21 pm

Nice, look forward to Sunday then :)

Cog
If oranges are orange, why aren't bananas yellow?
"Rogues don't do buffs or other group things. If you want a hug ask the Paladin."
Cog's Armory link.
Cogwhirl

Postby Mjöl » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:11 am

Well, if you guys dont post we will stand again tonight in front of the encoutner and have to sort out there who should be where. Thanks for the help ! (grumble!)

Here what i could identify from last thu.
Besides of the missing guys - who was on the cinder spiders with the webs ?

Missing people - where was you thursdays, at around 22 oclock ? :mrgreen:
Otta
Zeluna
Bellsie
Chrismclean
Sleek

Green Group (Middle)
Kurrelgyre
Themark
Maceo
Tusvor
Callia
Osguard

Right Group
Vinkle
Async
Vangeffe
Elly

Left Group
Naushika
Sianyx
Nymphbow
Kerad

Drone Group
Düraino
Mjölnir
Ellionna
Adamantite

Boss
Rinky
Laraht
Hugz

Web-Spiders:
Kurrel
Thanks to the Themark for my avatar ! (Breast and Arms on Pic not edited, only Hair photoshopped. Seriously.)
Mjöl
Site Admin

Next

Return to Tactics