Beth'Tilac 25 Man

Here is where you can find helpful data about our raid encounters in WoW

Moderator: Officers

Re: Beth'Tilac 25 Man

Postby Vangeffe » Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:07 pm

I agree with elly that async and vinkle could just do it with to two of them and move 1 to the boss.
Vangeffe

Postby ChrisMcLean » Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:43 pm

im in the drone group and i'm attacking web spiders when there is no drone
Join us, brothers and sisters. Join us in the shadows where we stand vigilant. Join us as we carry the duty that cannot be forsworn. And should you perish, know that your sacrifice will not be forgotten... and that one day, we shall join you.
ChrisMcLean

Postby ellybelle » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:53 pm

nvm
ellybelle

Postby Kurrelgyre » Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:55 pm

Couple of notes about what we learned last reset on this boss :-

It appears more reliable (to me at least) to kill all the dangling spiders rather than trying to keep 5/6 up ready for the aoe phase.
We should then taunt down as many as are needed as soon as they re-appear after the aoe.
This means we will take more of the BossButtTM AoE damage, but we take less damage from the dangling spiders.
It is also far more repeatable as we are not relying on co-ordination about which spiders we pull and when.
This does mean that the tanks and healers should wait after dropping down rather than immediately looking for a thread to go up. If threads are present when they come down then it is likely that they will despawn before the healers have time to go up.
The new batch of dangling spiders will appear about 5-10 seconds after the aoe starts, and the tanks and healers shold use some of those threads to go up.

Just my thoughts - happy to hear others.
Last edited by Kurrelgyre on Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kurrelgyre

Postby Asyncritus » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:21 pm

I think thats a better method Kurrel, the icyveins dps guide suggests the same thing, kill them, people go up, people come down, kill them again - rinse and repeat 3x.
There are no stupid people, just those who are unlucky when they think.

"Never argue with an idiot... They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience" - Mark Twain
Asyncritus

Postby Ronzoz » Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:01 pm

It looked way better that way, even for us up there, we know what to expect (the ones up), nicely done ;)
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” - Albert Einstein
Ronzoz

Postby Asyncritus » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:14 am

The other thing to point out that helped with the kill last night, range AoE DPS must camp the spawn points for the spiders between phase 1 and 2. Several tries in a row saw small spiders heal the boss back up to 100%.

"Never argue with an idiot... They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience" - Mark Twain
Asyncritus

Postby Mjöl » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:20 am

Will be interesting to re-kill this boss. I guess a second dps up there to bring the boss to 85%ish would make things a lot easier (that is of course oly when its guaranteed lil spiders dont heal boss up again in transisition. But this fight organising is like a raw egg, i kinda dont dare to change the group and suddenly a part dont work again.

Short recall of yesterday for later reference as long as i remember it (correct me if i write something wrong):
Left group spiderling: Eryale, Naushika, Adamantite
Right group spiderling: Async, Vinkle, Sianyx healing
Drone group: Rinky, Van, Maceo,Xhunter, Dajuro, Mjölnir, Larry
Middle group main responsible for spiderling: Tusvor in Demono, Themark
Middle group for Webspiders and helping spiderlings when needed: Ossy, Nymph, Chris (switched then with Callia), Bearorist, Inertia, Otta
Middle group transistion killing spiderlings before boss reaches ground: Tusvor, Themark, Callia, Bearorist, Nymph/ossy ? (think the hunters helped on drone or ?)
Bossgroup: Düraino, Ronzoz, Ellonna, COGGY

Dang i miss 1 people. Who did i forget and is forever angry with me for not thinking of ? :mrgreen:

Ah edit - it s that low population class player - Coggy :) Sorry !
Thanks to the Themark for my avatar ! (Breast and Arms on Pic not edited, only Hair photoshopped. Seriously.)
Mjöl
Site Admin

Postby Cogwhirl » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:48 am

Mjöl wrote:Will be interesting to re-kill this boss. I guess a second dps up there to bring the boss to 85%ish would make things a lot easier (that is of course oly when its guaranteed lil spiders dont heal boss up again in transisition.

I'd thought the exact same thing. I was able to get the boss down to about 93/94% last night, but if he heals up I might as well /dance until P2. I foresee at least most of a night, if not a couple nights, wiping again next week until we manage to get her downstairs without healing - at which point she's dead.

Cog
If oranges are orange, why aren't bananas yellow?
"Rogues don't do buffs or other group things. If you want a hug ask the Paladin."
Cog's Armory link.
Cogwhirl

Postby Asyncritus » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:06 am

I think once people realise that those tiny spiderlings are actually raid wipers if they get past and they really do the job on them properly it will be an easy repeat kill.

Asyncritus

Previous

Return to Tactics