Artramedes 25 heroic

Here is where you can find helpful data about our raid encounters in WoW

Moderator: Officers

Artramedes 25 heroic

Postby ellybelle » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:15 pm

I just watched the tank spot video on this and I get the feeling it's a bit old-ish. John and I have had some practice on this fight on 25m and we did see a positioning that guilds are using very successfully.

basically they tank the big boss where he lands, nose to big bell. all the melee stand on the left foot, all the ranged just behind them on the left near the gong. When the sound waves come out, all the melee move to the right foot and all the ranged move to the right rear, near the right gong. On the next wave, everyone moves to the left, etc. When tracking is on someone that person moves to the closest wall, right of the raid if they're right, left if they're left, and runs to the tank, meanwhile, the raid moves to the other side to avoid tracking as well. It's like left right left right, same as video, but in a different place. This place is easier for gong people, because they know exactly where sound will be, easier on tank because there will be no fire under him, etc.

Anyway! That's my suggestion!
ellybelle

Re: Artramedes 25 heroic

Postby ellybelle » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:06 pm

I thought that went pretty well for a half hour's work and the boss actually seems do-able from a pure tactics pov, don't know about the amount of dps needed to finish before enrage.

A couple things might be worth putting some thought into -

I think having one person doing the gong is really important. It moves to quickly on heroic to have time to communicate between two people. That person has to have the best available speed boost. I think usually that's a worgen kitty. They can use their race cd for one air phase, their kitty cd for one and a speed pot for one. Not sure we have any feral worgen in guild.

Additionally, there is a spell that priests can use to speed a person that doesn't drag that person into the raid, but gives a speed boost. So if we have someone who can use that on one phase and a speed pot for one and a blink, or worgen cd, or kitty cd for the other we're probably in a better place then trying to use life grip there. It's too dangerous in heroic when nobody can chance getting extra sound, i think.

Otherwise, everyone really grasped the idea behind the placement in a very few goes. It's really nice to see that we're all getting a bit better at moving!
ellybelle

Postby Asyncritus » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:02 pm

The priest speed boost is a Discipline talent that Larry has in his off spec I think.
There are no stupid people, just those who are unlucky when they think.

"Never argue with an idiot... They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience" - Mark Twain
Asyncritus

Postby Laraht » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:00 pm

The speed boost is a holy talent :D And i have it in holy spec :D
I heal, you kill
Laraht

Postby ellybelle » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:59 pm

So in theory you and bella both have it, does it have a cd or can it be given twice? cause if you can each give one and then a speed pot, there's no need for the gong person to have a racial/class cd.
ellybelle

Return to Tactics