Heroic Halfus - 25m

Here is where you can find helpful data about our raid encounters in WoW

Moderator: Officers

Heroic Halfus - 25m

Postby ellybelle » Mon May 30, 2011 11:38 pm

i see some things we might do which we aren't doing...

Have paladins set up a bubble/hop rotation for the Roars (HoP on a healer just before he casts roar).

Use some BOPs and paladin bubbles for furious roars so you can always have at least 1 or 2 healers keeping up the ones that spike really low

on the furious roar part you want to have a cooldown ONLY on the tanks tanking drakes. The Halfus tank does not get meleed.

This - !!!!!

have one tank take all the drakes at roar, try to protect him, accept that he may die -

'Once the first furious roar comes, we'll have 1 tank (Seraph) Aoe taunt all the drakes, then pop Shield wall, and we'll put a priest barrier on him as well. So he should be taking 90% less damage if those stack. Once the furious roar is done, then 2 other tanks will taunt off seraph, and seraph can keep one add. It's ok if Seraph dies after that because he did his job, obv we can still heal him and try to keep him up, but not a huge deal if we lose a tank after the first roar.' ...

'The point of AoE taunting for a furious roar is pretty simple. We're going to get 3-4 furious roars. If we are tanking 3 adds, we don't have enough big cd's to go around. I'll break it down in math. Say there is 4 furious roars with 3 adds (including halfus). 4x3=12. That means we need 12 big cd's from the time the roars start. 5 tanks don't have 12 big cd's in the few minutes that are alloted to down halfus. That's why we have 1 tank each taunt all adds and pop his big cd. We can at least do that 3 times between seraph, solen, emac. The 4th time we'll just have to survive with miv and linn taking 1 each and popping a big cd, then another tank popping whatever he has as well. At that point it doesn't matter if a few tanks die on the 4th raor, we'll have 2-3 tanks up for sure afterwards.'
@ http://purealex.wowstead.com/forums/enc ... oic-halfus
ellybelle

Re: Heroic Halfus - 25m

Postby Ronzoz » Tue May 31, 2011 2:05 pm

Sounds good to me, i was using bouble last few tries we could reach 50% = 1st "roar" and couldnt do much, as all the tanks were taking high dmg added to the roar thing, felt it was quite impossible to heal unless healers use their cd. I mean, me and Iron can use "Hand of Sacrifice" and bouble right away = -30% dmg on the tank that takes the drakes. I didnt try using HoS as it is a one target thing, and all tanks were getting dmg, but with one tank taking the major dmg might work.

Ofc this is just the holy paladin point of view...
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” - Albert Einstein
Ronzoz

Return to Tactics