Archive of Pre TBC Boss screenshots.

Moderator: Officers

Archive of Pre TBC Boss screenshots.

Postby Theseus » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:46 pm

Before The Burning Crusade: the Raid History of Serenity

If you think this is our latest victim, think again. We are going into the ol' vault!

Prior to the release of The Burning Crusade, many of the core members (aka the Officers) of Serenity raided between the months of June and November 2006 as members of the guild Focus. We made up a large part of the core raid team that proceeded to terrorize the denizens of Zul'Gurub, The Ruins of Ahn'Qiraj (AQ20), and Molten Core. During that time I took screenshots of most our first boss kills except the early ZG kills. I had been hosting them on Imageshack, however I have started moving them to our server. In the process I can now display these photos to our guild members. Those newer members can now see where we have been and the raid legacy we have.

I will be uploading these photos over the next few days. First up, the final boss of ZG: Hakkar the Soulflayer

We downed all the bosses in Zul'Gurub except Jin'do the Hexxer
Theseus

Postby Noblehammer » Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:59 am

rubbish screenshot, but nice to see you back in the good ol days.

there is some vids from youtube showing GSK killing some bosses in ZG which i know some ppl were in, ill try and look it up.
Noblehammer

Postby Theseus » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:32 am

Focus never posed for "portraits" in those days. In fact I was the only one to take any screenshots, and they were usually taken at the moment of the kill.
Theseus

Postby Midran » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:04 am

I think that I still have some pre-Focus shots, at least one with Baron. :-)

@Aiwendel: There's nothing dirty in the story... (Shhhh Mordac can read this! ;-)) In spring/summer 2006 we really struggled to get 25 men for ZG. We tried a few alliances and even one merge with Goodfellas, but it just didn't work.

We decided to leave Serenity and to join some other guild. We initially joined Mystic, as they were the biggest guild at that time, but it was filled with mostly kids.

At that time I have heard that Default (ex-GM of Knights of Infinity, the biggest guild when BB was still very young) started a new guild, Focus.

After some very successful UBRS runs with Mordac and a few others we decided to join Focus. With focus we successfuly cleared ZG, MC and AQ20. We stayed there until TBC came out, because with TBC big raids stopped being the only viable option.
Every time a feral druid screws up a resto druid the feral druid is a real asshole.
Midran

Postby Theseus » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:57 am

I have the following boss kills:

Hakkar (already up)

Ossiran
Ayamiss
Buru
Moam

Lucifron
Magmadar
Gehennas
Baron Geddon
Shazzrah
Golemagg
Sulfuron
Ragnaros

I do not have Kurinaxx (before I started grabbing screenies), General Rajaxx (I was not on the first kill of that boss), any of the pre Hakkar bosses (same reason as Kurinaxx), and Garr (same as Rajaxx, no one ever grabbed a screenie of that one). I will be uploading them in batches with place holder images for those bosses whom no screenshots exist.

I will later be doing a History of Serenity post as we are coming up on the two year birthday of our guild (early January of 2006, first seen on Warcraftrealms Jan 16, 06).
Theseus

Postby Jura » Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:41 am

There is no dirty story or anything.

Serenity story starts looong loong time ago. Serenity is one of the oldest guilds on server and it was there even before current Serenity core has even started to play.

Some of us (Frung, Midran, Ristotal) started in Cro legion - guild made of Croat players. After some time we had some disputes with current GM and almost all left and joined that old Serenity. At that time we recruited Mikah also (that is we recruited rogue Eleana, level 60 with absolutely no XP in instances)

In that Serenity where some nice players that are in Serenity now (like Hinsur, but correct me if I'm wrong).

Serenity was about to progress nicely when GM left for Mexico. Then all went wrong, and some who wanted progress left (some for other servers, some for other guilds > Driven, AfH and Chimera).

Those where the days of combined raids with some other guilds and after some time we chose best partner and decided to merge with them. It was Focus.

It was nice there, all officers from Serenity where officers there also, and I was really enjoying it >I was officer without position - one that points on problems but doesn't need to do anything:D (However, I suspect that they didn't want me as mage CL because I was fire at that time.:D)

We where progressing, and again, when we did get some sort of rhythm TBC came out. We knew that instance cap was lower now and we (old Serenity core) decided to start again from scratch. We had no problems with anyone in Focus, and there is no bad blood, it is just that we wanted it to be different. In TBC they wanted hard core approach to conquer it all, and we wanted it more casually. For example Focus used DKP in Kara, while we decided to go with common sense on Kara loot.

It took us some time go build up good raiding core, but I think that right now we are on good way. Soon after we got back to Serenity, one man band Mjoelnir (he and his 98 alts) joined us and it was start of Serenity as it is now. Next group was Cliffor and guys from old UP and later Ral with Aiwendel, Tusw0r and JJ.

That is story in short. I'm sorry if I forgot anybody. If you have something to add put it down, and we can write our official history..:D

As in every guild, we had few bad apples over time, but I guess you can't avoid that.
Jura
Nerf me!

Postby Theseus » Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:41 pm

Serenity is indeed one of the oldest guilds on the server, and if you count its predecessor guilds, it is is in the running for the oldest guild on the server.

This will be moved to its own thread, however I am typing it here.

Serenity is the direct descendant of two guilds, Knights of Stormwind and Guardians of Darkness.

Knights of Stormwind

Knights of Stormwind got its start the week the server first opened back in late 2005. The guild grew quite rapidly and was one of the early "big" guilds. Its main rivals were Core and Pie Club. I joined this guild shortly after its formation.

However Knights of Stormwind did not last very long. Its GM, Dragonwing, disappeared and was not heard from. So a large portion of KS's members (including myself) led by Holy, left KS to form Guardians of Darkness in late November 2005.

Guardians of Darkness

Guardians of Darkness was a medium sized guild of mostly levelers and had a fairly active guild chat channel. We had one aborted merger with another guild. Then the GM of GoD, disappeared. With that, GoD was rudderless, so the membership of GoD lead by Leona decided to leave and form a new guild: Serenity

Serenity Phase 1: The Birth

Serenity was born in January of 2005. Players like myself and Hinsur were some of the original members of Serenity. The guild grew and like GoD was mostly a leveling guild with an active chat channel. Serenity absorbed members of Cro Legion where Jura Frung, Midran, and Ristotal among others join the story. Mikah (via Elena) joined the guild around this time.

Then Leona the original GM left for Mexico. Serenity was rudderless for about a month, however then a Blizzard GM transfered leadership to Midian (Midran). Control of the guild's website was also turned over to Midian however we lost our domain name. I then purchased our current domain name.

Serenity Phase 2: The Rise of Serenity

Serenity's core members got leveled to 60. We progressed through the L60 instances such has Scholomance, Stratholme (back when you could raid Scholo and Strat), UBRS, etc. We even made a few attempts on ZG in alliance with other guilds.

The Mystic Merger

Recruitment became an issue as we started raiding ZG and had our sights set on MC. So we decided to pursue a merger with another guild. That guild was Mystic, one of the larger guilds on the server. Serenity was put into the deep freeze except for some low level alts and the bank mules. However we did not get along with Mystic as Midian points out, "but it was filled with mostly kids". The Serenity members scattered. Midian, Jura, Mikah, and other joined Focus (I followed a couple days later), others joined Angels From Hell, Chimera, Driven and other guilds. Our would be guild, Mystic broke up shortly afterward.

Focus: Raid time!

Once we were integrated with Focus, we got back into raiding. The first few raids as Focus we did in alliance with other guilds. We started downing the various ZG bosses with our partner. Focus attempted to merge with other guilds however these did not work out. Focus was successful in recruiting however espicially as our ZG boss kills started mounting. We started raiding AQ20 downing bosses there. Finally we moved up to the big leagues, Molten Core. Between late September and early December of 2006 we tore through MC, eventually downing Ragnaros. We also downed Onyxia, cleared AQ20 and almost cleared ZG (Jin'do was the only boss to remain alive).

Before the Storm: Patch 2.0

Focus was on the verge of entering Blackwing Lair when Patch 2.0 hit. Suddenly with The Burning Crusade on the horizon, and all the PvP goodies, Focus's raiding died except for a few ZG runs. However with most people were busy with PvP and since most of the MC gear would be replaced quite early in TBC (espicially for classes like Druids, Paladins and Priests), MC raids died. At this time the ex-Serenity members started thinking about reviving the guild.

Serenity Phase 3: The Rebirth

In early January of 2007, Serenity was defrosted after being stuck in the freezer for several months. The reborn Serenity was a very small guild, consisting mostly of Serenity members that returned from Focus, some friends that we made while we were in Focus and followed us, some inactive members that had reactivated their accounts in advance of TBC, and a few members and alts that never left the guild. With the launch of TBC we moved quickly into Outlands, tearing our way through Hellfire Peninsula and Hellfire Citadel. Along the way we picked up a guild-less warlock and other new members. We got leveled up to 70, got keyed for Heroics, and got attuned to Karazhan. Then came the big moment, our first raid of TBC; Karazhan, where we one-shotted the first boss, Attumen the Hunter.

Recent accomplishments and the future

Since the rebirth of Serenity, we have done extremely well, having cleaned out Karazhan, slain Gruul, and with our progress in both Serpentshrine Cavern and Tempest Keep: The Eye. Soon we will have both Lady Vashj and Kael'thas's heads our wall, a clean out Zul'Aman and working on Mt. Hyjal and Black Temple. Plus we have Wrath of the Lich King next year to explore and loot.
Last edited by Theseus on Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Theseus

Postby Midran » Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:56 pm

Theseus wrote:Then Marieanne the original GM left for Mexico. Serenity was rudderless for a short period of time, however then Marieanne transfered leadership to Midian (Midran). Control of the guild's website was also turned over to Midian however we lost our domain name. I then purchased our current domain name.

Just a short correction: Leona was the GM. Marianne was an officer. I think it was somewhere in Jan/Feb 2006 when a few things coincided: Leona broke his notebook and couldn't play and we started an alliance with Driven. Very soon one part of Serenity's officers went to Driven with Marianne as MT and one part rerolled horde (Healtz and Prokov come to mind) and I was the only officer that stayed in Serenity.

Leona never logged in and we had to wait for 1 month before a Game Master promoted me to GM. That was quite painful time...

Together with Jura, Frung, Ristotal and me, there were other players from Cro Legion that joined Serenity: Ellyrion, Khaless, Kandrax, Agall, Zerocool, Dominik...

AFAIK the only people that are now in Serenity and that were before me are Tromper, Airerun, Theseus and Hinsur. My apologies if I left someone out...

BTW I never found out how Serenity got its name. Does anybody know?
Every time a feral druid screws up a resto druid the feral druid is a real asshole.
Midran

Postby Theseus » Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:02 pm

I will update accordingly. I will be moving this to its own thread in the next few days as it really does not belong in a screenshots thread.

Regarding the name, I am not sure. Serenity is a fairly common name for guilds judging by both Warcraftrealms and the Armory. At least we did use some generic "template" name like Knights of ... or Defenders of ... etc.

Marieanne left the game and sold his account. I believe he was the one charge of our website for a time until it got turned over to you, Midran. However we lost the domain name. That is when I purchased it. Speaking of which I need to check when it expires (sometime next year) and maybe get some Paypal donations to pay for its renewal (if there is money in my Paypal account, the domain will autorenew), more on that later.
Theseus

Return to Guild PvE Progress