Kill Videos

Moderator: Officers

Kill Videos

Postby Somnus » Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:57 pm

More Incoming!

TK
Voidreaver - ???
Alar - ???
Solarian - http://stage6.divx.com/user/Soulharvester/video/1871344/Serenity-vs-Solarian
Keal'Thas - ???

SSC
Hydross - http://www.stage6.com/user/Soulharvester/video/1904357/Serenity-vs-Hydross
Lurker - ???
Morogrim - ???
Leotheras - ???
Karathress - ???
Vashj - ???

Zul'Aman

Halazzi - http://stage6.divx.com/user/Neraa/video/1887829/Serenity-vs--Halazzi
Last edited by Somnus on Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:19 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Somnus

Postby Theseus » Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:20 pm

Once you get the vids made, I will add the links to the respective kill shot page and I will sticky this thread, so just edit your original post with the link to the finished vids.

// Thread Sticked
Theseus

Postby Organic » Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:26 pm

Kill vids are amazing to watch, sometimes they pick some qualtiy music iv never heard before. Music is something i love without it id be something like a little frog on a hill somewhere on earth where everything is flat.... : / "lost in other words"

But yeah great idea man, need any help let me know. Not that you would but ya never know. :roll:

Oh and btw a great song i thought of you could use for this fight is DragonForce - Through the Fire and Flames :lol:

Also i do graphics design at work so if ya need any graphics/logos etc give me a /yell or msn is robarmer@hotmail.com

Laterz

F|!mp / órgán!c

*EDIT*

This is prob one of my fav vids of all time my old guild Almost Famous and my best mate Monkfish Rory irl.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Osw5mDMU8A
Last edited by Organic on Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Organic

Postby Theseus » Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:38 pm

Somus can also use the guild graphics as well (like the banner at the top of the forums. I am the one responsible for them and permission is granted for their use in guild related projects such as kill videos. This permission applies to all guild members. The only conditions are:

1) Credit is given

2) All works must be guild related

3) Any works that use the Serenity graphics must comply with our Guild Charter and the (for videos) World of Warcraft Fair Use Guide for Machinima

4) The graphics can not be used for any project/product that is going to be sold or restricted to pay to access sites. This is inline with the WoW Fair Use guide linked above.

5) Works should be able to meet the "T" (US ESRB) or "12+" (UK PEGI) rating (again inline with the WoW Fair Use Guide).
Theseus

Postby Neud » Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:54 pm

Unable to watch a video for some reason, it doesn't load
Kind regards
Neud, CFA

Neud

Postby Theseus » Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:15 pm

Neud, I can see the video just fine. Do you have the Divx Web Player plugin for your browser installed?

Somnus, Good first start for a kill video, however I have some recommendations:

If you can capture at a higher resolution then use it. The result will be a much better looking video, otherwise there is no point of using Stage6. Second regarding the intro graphics. I am trying to keep a consistent look to all of Serenity's graphics, so I would encourage you to use them. I have prepared a couple of Intro graphics that can inserted:

This has a solid background for the main logo, the background behind the word "Presents..." is transparent
The second image (which cannot be seen well) is the same design but with no background at all, allow you to overlay it on a background.

Both graphics are in a PNG format, if you need a different format let me know as the I have the original masters stored on my machine.
Theseus

Postby Somnus » Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:43 pm

I am going to remake the video and alos create a Void Reaver kill video. I will spend some time on it over the weekend but with raiding in the week i can't find any time.

About the resolution, it is recorded in 800x600 but vegas reduced for somereason, will have to look into it.

If anyone has any suggestions of where i should upload it or any additions to the video, your more than welcome to drop a post.

Cheers
Somnus

Postby Theseus » Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:51 pm

Video link has been added to Solarian's kill page. I will be adding the links using this graphic:

Somnus, you might want to check to see if Vegas is trying to reduce to a YouTube friendly resolution, as the video size appears to be of YouTube size and quality.

Stage6 (the current host) gets my vote for hosting it, as the interface is sleek, you can host excellent quality videos and you can control the size and quality. It blows YouTube and the other services out of the water, plus you can easily save the video on your HD for later viewing offline. If you wish you can later have an entry added to Warcraftmovies.com, however Stage6 should be the primary host as it seems to be the best one around.

On the slide introducing the boss, I would use the same font for both the instance name and the boss name. Plus use a "clean" font like Arial or Impact. I could create an image for you, if you wish.

For boss fights that have phase changes I could create a Phase 1, Phase 2, graphic to label each phase if you wish.
Theseus

Postby nera » Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:12 am

Added a video of Serenity killing Halazzi
nera

Postby Ishtar » Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:18 pm

Very nice video on Solarian.
"If you can't beat them, join them"
Ishtar

Postby Somnus » Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:07 pm

Added video of Hydross

Still quality isnt as good as i would like it...im still learning.
Somnus

Postby Mjölnir » Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:31 pm

A´lar Kill - made by Thanakit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MC2mQzKoWUA
Mjölnir

Return to Guild PvE Progress