90 Retribution Paladin - Hansyolo

Moderator: Officers

90 Retribution Paladin - Hansyolo

Postby application » Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:32 pm

Hey guys,

I am aware that you're currently not seeking a Retribution Paladin, nonetheless I wanted to create an application for consideration as I also read your policy on recruiting players outside of the recruitment guidelines if the application contains the right stuff. So i'm kinda just pinning my hopes on that :)

(X) YES ( ) NO Note: by ticking YES, you agree to follow the guild charter.

In game name (including previous names if any): Hansyolo

Class and build: Retribution Paladin
(This is the class and specc we expect you to be raiding with, and this is the specc we hope you wish to be playing with. No main-alt changing and no specc changing without approval from the GMs.)

Dual Spec: My secondary spec is also Retribution for any Arena/PvP I manage to fit in using full Malevolent/Tyrannical gear. However, I am more than happy to adjust this for any guild needs.
(Please state which 2nd spec you have with the new dual-spec system and comment your gear for it).

Alts (please comment if you intend on bringing them in the guild and if not, why?): 90 BM Hunter 'Chunk' and 90 Resto Druid 'Douevenshift', I wouldn't be bringing them to the guild as they're in the guild 'We Jammin' purely to fulfill my PvP cravings with IRL friends on the odd occasions.

Link to your Armory page? (If you are not using your raiding specc because of PvP or whatever reason, please link the raiding specc you will be using): http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/bronzebeard/Hansyolo/simple I do currently have my PvP gear equipped, however, my talents etc. don't change. I would be tempted to take 'Eternal Flame' to replace 'Selfless Healer' in certain raiding situations. Of course I am open to any experienced suggestions to improve.

Former guilds (on Bronzebeard or on your current realm): Totally Devoted

Why did you leave your former guilds?: I'm just looking for more consistent raiding opportunities, Totally Devoted currently raid depending when the tank is available which sometimes can be weeks apart. Raids are often cancelled due to lack of commitment from other members.

What is your former raid experience (pre-TBC, TBC, WotLK)?
Pre-TBC:
Zul'Gurub - Cleared
Onyxia's Lair - Cleared
Molten Core - Cleared
Ruins of Ahn'Qiraj - Cleared
Temple of Ahn'Qiraj - None
Black Wing Lair - Killed Vaelastrasz the Corrupt
Naxxramas - None

TBC (During my time in 'The Scholars Of Light' - Bronzebeard):
Karazhan - Cleared
Gruul's Lair - Cleared
Magtheridon's Lair - Cleared
Zul'Aman - Cleared
Serpentshrine Cavern - Cleared
Tempest Keep - Cleared
Battle for Mount Hyjal - Cleared
Black Temple - Cleared
Sunwell Plateau - Killed Kalecgos

WotLK:
Naxxramas 10/25man - Cleared

Cataclysm:
Baradin Hold - Cleared
Throne of Four Winds - Cleared

Why do you want to join Serenity?
After doing some general research about the guild and reading your policies on raiding as well as respect for personal/IRL responsibilities I believe Serenity would be the perfect setting for myself to re-enter end game raiding. I used to raid hardcore with the former Bronzebeard guild 'The Scholars of Light' through Burning Crusade until I departed for university, from there I played World of Warcraft whenever time allowed me through WotLK and Cataclysm and I had to let go of my raiding past. Since finishing university and settling into a job I have decided it is the perfect time to start raiding regularly but with no intention to raid 5 nights per week again, 3-4 is the ideal amount to fit comfortably with IRL responsibilities. For these reasons I feel I'll see eye-to-eye with your guild policies as well as your relax but focused raiding aims and goals, as well as making friends within the guild too.

Do you have open applications to other guilds?
No, this is my only application. Although I haven't yet left Totally Devoted as I will need to personally explain to a few members the reasons I'd be leaving.

Any member in Serenity that can vouch for you?
Nope, sorry!

The important questions now. Please take a moment to think about those before you answer.

This is probably the most important question. We are a raiding guild, and even though we do not force anyone into raiding, we are expecting players that will join us to show interest in raiding at least 3-4 days each week. Are you interested in raiding several days a week regularly???
Definitely, this is the primary reason that Serenity attracted me to apply. I would love to enjoy the company of like-minded gamers whilst doing what we all love to do 3-4 nights a week :D

We do not spend a lot of time on farmed content, but we do spend a lot of times on progression, which means a lot of wiping with often very little progress. This is how we kill hard bosses and push the content. Is that what you are interested in?
As I mentioned before, I have played for years in a hardcore raiding environment so I am used to the other territories that comes with end game material. I.e. Wiping, flasks, enchants etc.

Can you play at our official raiding times which are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday from 9pm - 12 server time?
This is the ideal time for me as I work 3 days per week 8am - 6pm GMT, allowing a short break when I get home in preparation for an evening raiding.

Can you log on to the Serenity website to read what is happening and sign up on the raid calendar each week whether you can attend raids or not?
Yes, I am more than happy to do this.

Do you intend to show up for raids prepared, PVE raid specced, repaired, enchanted, gemmed and with a proper set of buffs (food buffs and potions/flasks)?
Of course. I will also brush up on any unfamiliar boss encounters and new content before joining the evening raid.

We are using a Time based, fixed item price DKP system, do you agree with this? (X) YES ( ) NO

(X) I have read the Guild Charter and agree to it: Serenity Guild Charter

Hopefully I'll see you guys soon :)

- Tom aka Hansyolo (p.s. I don't like the term YOLO, but I couldn't resist the name).
application

Re: 90 Retribution Paladin - Hansyolo

Postby Mjöl » Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:19 pm

Thanks for your app, we will contact you soon :)
Thanks to the Themark for my avatar ! (Breast and Arms on Pic not edited, only Hair photoshopped. Seriously.)
Mjöl
Site Admin

Postby Althos » Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:01 pm

Hey there Tom,

I'm not an officer, gm, rl or anything like that, but just a simple guildie :)

Still I'd like to throw in my 2 cents, so here goes.

I got (very) little knowledge about paladin's, so I won't comment on setup and so on. I did check you and your alts out though :) I must say that your application is (to my pov) quite good and appealing. Your gear is quite behind, but that can be quite easily fixed with the right effort and perhaps gold.

Your progression seems valid, although you didn't achieve those raids on this toon or on your 2 alts. Thanks for account wide achievements, so could check you did them in 2008 (tbc).

I also saw you took up protection now as OS, which is imo quite a good thing. Several of our raids have been saved in the past, due to raiders having strong off specs.

Non maxed professions is also something which is worth leveling, due to the bonuses.

Seems like a lad with the right attitude and with the proper brainwashing in this madhouse, could fit in :P

Anyways, I wish you best of luck with your application.

Kind regards,

Althos
Althos

Postby application » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:30 pm

Hey guys :) ,

Thanks for the input! It's always good to have a bit of constructive criticism and advise for improvement.

You're 100% right, I didn't achieve the older dungeons on either of those toons. My raiding experience Pre-TBC was achieved on a Warlock from Quel'Thalas, this character (sadly) is long gone on an old account of mine that was breached by hackers and left it behind and created a new account. My TBC progress was all achieved as a Resto Shaman which I still have, but I don't consider it an alt as it has been dumped at level 70-something, I may level it eventually though! who knows :P

As far as gear is concerned I am willing to put in the hours and gold to reach acceptable standards, in fact I have already started to try and improve and upgrade gear to reach satisfactory level. With my OS, I'm still a rookie with Protection but nothing a few honest opinions and research can't amend.

Hopefully that clears up a few of the questions mentioned, if there any more just fire away :D

- Hansyolo
application

Postby Skipper » Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:56 pm

Well written application, tho its been ages since ive dpsed as a pally.
But as Althos pointed out gear needs a massive upgrade, and PvP items should be replaced asap a we are getting closer to lat raid tier in this expeanion.

So gear, proffesions, slightly tweaks using noxxic.com and askmrrobot.com is a good way to get pointers on gems/enchants
Skipper

Postby application » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:18 pm

Thanks Skipper :) My PvP items are being replaced as quickly as possible. I'm always up for ways to improve so i'll definitely check it out. I'm going to start leveling my profs very soon too :) Just takes a bit of time, gold and determination! ;D
application

Return to Recruitment