Raiding Application Template, From Pwndat Resto Shaman

Moderator: Officers

Raiding Application Template, From Pwndat Resto Shaman

Postby application » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:53 pm

Application Template
Postby Mikah » Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:19 pm

SERENITY APPLICATION FORM

Instructions:

- Please check the list of classes we are recruiting at the Class/Recruitment Availability
- Copy and paste this form into a new thread in the Recruitment forums. IMPORTANT: You do NOT need a User on the forum for this, you post the app as Guest. Unkown usernames will not get verified for forumaccess.
- Truthfully answer ALL of the questions in the application. Incomplete applications will be denied on sight!

Before you even bother, have you read our guild rules and goals? Does it corresponds to what you are looking for?

(Y) YES ( ) NO Note: by ticking YES, you agree to follow the guild charter.

In game name (including previous names if any): Pwndat http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/b ... t/advanced

Class and build: Resto Shaman
Talent Build - Astral Shift, Windwalk Totem, Call of the Elements, Echo of the Elements, Healing Tide Totem and Unleashed Fury.
Glyphs - Riptide, Healing Stream Totem, Water Shield
(I normally change these out depending on the mechanics of the fight.)

Dual Spec: Elemental

Alts: Libertus, Lvl 90 rogue. Would consider bringing this to serenity, but I mainly pvp on it.

Link to your Armory page? (If you are not using your raiding specc because of PvP or whatever reason, please link the raiding specc you will be using):

Former guilds (on Bronzebeard or on your current realm):

Why did you leave your former guilds?: They where pretty inactive, nothing was really happening, I was recruited as a healer for raids, and didnt do one raid.

What is your former raid experience (pre-TBC, TBC, WotLK)? Downed everything pretty much apart from last 4 bosses of SP in bc, As my account was banned, because i unknowingly abused the T's & C's. So this is my new account.

Why do you want to join Serenity? I'd Enjoy to be part of serenity because of the well known reputation and I would really enjoy to get back into raiding, I also believe I could bring motivation and commitment to the guild, whether raiding or social

Do you have open applications to other guilds? I do not, no.

Any member in Serenity that can vouch for you? Unfortunately not.

This is probably the most important question. We are a raiding guild, and even though we do not force anyone into raiding, we are expecting players that will join us to show interest in raiding at least 3-4 days each week. Are you interested in raiding several days a week regularly??? This would be fantastic, i'd be more than up for this.

We do not spend a lot of time on farmed content, but we do spend a lot of times on progression, which means a lot of wiping with often very little progress. This is how we kill hard bosses and push the content. Is that what you are interested in? I am indeed i've always want to get a server first or maybe even EU first.

Can you play at our official raiding times which are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday from 9pm - 12 server time? I Can indeed, they fit very well around my week.

Can you log on to the Serenity website to read what is happening and sign up on the raid calendar each week whether you can attend raids or not? I Can yes, although at the moment I cannot create a log in, I Have spoken to some one about this.

Do you intend to show up for raids prepared, PVE raid specced, repaired, enchanted, gemmed and with a proper set of buffs (food buffs and potions/flasks)? Indeed, it's to be expected in my opinion.

We are using a Time based, fixed item price DKP system, do you agree with this? (Y) YES ( ) NO

(Y) I have read the Guild Charter and agree to it: Serenity Guild Charter

Pwndat..

Looking forward to a reply, thanks for taking your time to read this application.
application

Re: Raiding Application Template, From Pwndat Resto Shaman

Postby Althos » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:14 pm

Hey there Pwndat,

Since you're applying as a resto shaman, you just entered my domain :P :P

First of all good luck with your application :D I won't be the judge of it.

But I did take a peek at your character and was wondering why you made some decisions (this is assumption from my side). It's clear to see that you've got some catching up to do, to be raidready for ToT. But that's something that could be fixed quite easily, depending on luck with drops in LFR.

But what it shows me is (and plz consider this as constructive feedback :D):
Secondary stats: You do want to aim for at least 3764 haste rating (first cap), simply because everything ticks more. This is especially usefull on your CD Healing Tide. The priority I use is Spirit till it feels comfy, then haste 1st cap>mastery 50%>haste 2nd cap (10K+...)
Gemming: Personally I stay away from the Misty's and go for the Reckless ones. Also based on keeping at least that first cap of haste.
Talents: You might want to consider swapping Echo to Ancestral. Not just cause of the passive buff, but also because it gives us a very powerful life saver. Also Earth Grab totem is a very helpful totem in several fights in ToT.
Enchanting: You might want to spent some gold in getting some enchants
Professions: Sorry, but I'm a sucker for having two raiding professions on my raiding toon to get the max bonuses. Also use your tinkers :D

Furthermore I'm curious about your healing rotation, priority of spells, which spells do you use and which ones you tend to stay away from and so on. But I reckon that's not a part of the application.

Anyways, I wish you good luck with the application and if you got any questions about shaman healing feel free to poke me in game :D

Kind regards,

Althos
Althos

Postby Redbully » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:02 pm

Althos is pretty much our awesome shaman healer and well up to scratch with his class. His advice is good advice and would listen to what he has to say. For me if i was applying to a guild i'd ensure that my gear is fully enchanted and professions maxed even if they aren't raid oriented. It shows willingness.

I wouldn't of specified that my previous account was banned but I respect that you were honest and by your current age I would guess that you might have been naive during the time it happened about 4 years ago.

We currently have a number of healing raiders and at times it can be hard to accommodate. What I will do is speak with the other officers tomorrow and come back to you as soon as.

Thank you Pwndat for your application.

Redbully

PS I updated your post to include a link to your armory page.
Redbully

Postby Mjöl » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:38 am

Thanks for your app ! As Bully said, we will discuss it and contact you soon.
Thanks to the Themark for my avatar ! (Breast and Arms on Pic not edited, only Hair photoshopped. Seriously.)
Mjöl
Site Admin

Return to Recruitment