Member | Ashiros - Combat Rogue

Moderator: Officers

Member | Ashiros - Combat Rogue

Postby Ashiross » Tue May 15, 2012 7:14 pm

(!) YES ( ) NO Note: by ticking YES, you agree to follow the guild charter.

In game name (including previous names if any): Ashiros

Class and build:
Rogue (Combat).
(This is the class and specc we expect you to be raiding with, and this is the specc we hope you wish to be playing with. No main-alt changing and no specc changing without approval from the GMs.)

Dual Spec: I do not have a current off spec that is viable for raiding, and also not being a huge Pvper, I generally only PvP if there are others there to enjoy it with, I do not really have any off specc.
(Please state which 2nd spec you have with the new dual-spec system and comment your gear for it).

Alts (please comment if you intend on bringing them in the guild and if not, why?):
I have a few alts at 85, a priest / paladin / DK / hunter / mage. None of these characters are geared towards raiding apart from my Paladin that is protection. I would not initially be bringing these characters to the guild as I am a cross server applicant, and transferring each of my alts would cost quite a lot of money that is currently needed elsewhere.

Link to your Armory page? (If you are not using your raiding specc because of PvP or whatever reason, please link the raiding specc you will be using):
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/n ... s/advanced

Former guilds (on Bronzebeard or on your current realm):
Stigmata / EvilElite / Echo

Why did you leave your former guilds?:

At the start of Cata I did not have the required time to raid or really spend much time on WoW however as I enjoy the game I joined a social guild. Stigmata. A few months later the guild had declined in members and I had more time on my hands so changed guild to Echo, with them I cleared Firelands N, after that an officer that was in my opinion not fit to run the guild inherited the role of Guild Leader, and basically removed all the fun out of the game, to the extent where I did not really want to log on. At that time I decided it was time to move on. From then up to the current day I am part of Echo, we started out as a 25 man guild, clearing FL N before the release of DS, with declines in members we moved down to a 10 man guild for DS, and have cleared 1/8HC. With the loss of our GL due to personal reasons, and the lack of activity from members has caused our guild to raid less and less. I am looking to move back to the 25 man scene, which is why I am looking to move to Serenity.

What is your former raid experience (pre-TBC, TBC, WotLK)?
I started playing the game properly at the end of Classic so did not at the time raid any of that content. During TBC I started raiding, clearing Cara, SSC, TK, and up to Council in BT. After the release of Sunwell I took a break from WoW due to studies. I came back shortly after the release of ICC in Wrath, and from there levelled and geared and cleared ToTC and ICC n just before the release of Cata.

Why do you want to join Serenity?
I have been looking for a new guild for the past couple of weeks, and have read a lot of recruitment posts from a lot of different guilds, some leaning more hard core, others leaning to the completely social end of the scale. Serenity and its members appear to have a relaxed view towards the game we enjoy to play, but have the focus and the experience of a guild that has experienced a lot, but still strives to progress in the game. That is why I wish to join Serenity, to be a part of something bigger, and to help achieve a variety of things with you all.

Do you have open applications to other guilds?
At this current time I do not have any open applications to other guilds.

Any member in Serenity that can vouch for you?
I am a cross server applicant, so currently do not know anyone in Serenity.

The important questions now. Please take a moment to think about those before you answer.

This is probably the most important question. We are a raiding guild, and even though we do not force anyone into raiding, we are expecting players that will join us to show interest in raiding at least 3-4 days each week. Are you interested in raiding several days a week regularly???
I am, and have the drive to do so even when the going gets tough. (Bosses just don’t want to die)

We do not spend a lot of time on farmed content, but we do spend a lot of times on progression, which means a lot of wiping with often very little progress. This is how we kill hard bosses and push the content. Is that what you are interested in?
The game would not be worth playing if it was easy, and you could blast through the content without much thought, farming is great if you are just in it for the shinnies but that is not for me, a little blood, sweat and tears never hurt anyone…. much.

Can you play at our official raiding times which are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday from 9pm - 12 server time?
Those raid times are perfect for me, and my schedule leaves most of my evenings free during the week, there may be very few occasions where 1 of those days is not possible due to work commitments but I usually manage to schedule those for Tuesdays anyway.

Can you log on to the Serenity website to read what is happening and sign up on the raid calendar each week whether you can attend raids or not?
Logging on the website is not a problem for me. Adding a few posts here and there as well.

Do you intend to show up for raids prepared, PVE raid specced, repaired, enchanted, gemmed and with a proper set of buffs (food buffs and potions/flasks)?

All of the above is a definite yes; on that note do you have anyone that can do guild cauldrons / feasts? As I have not chosen any professions for this character yet due to my other characters having the majority of the ones I need.
I am more than willing to level herbalism / alchemy / cooking to help out on that front.

We are using a Time based, fixed item price DKP system, do you agree with this? (! ) YES ( ) NO

(! ) I have read the Guild Charter and agree to it: Serenity Guild Charter

Thank you for taking the time to read my application.

Kind regards,

Ben - Ashiros

p.s. Apologies to Redbully was just disconnecting from my work network and it kicked me off WoW.
Ashiross

Re: [Application] - Ashiros - Combat Rogue

Postby Redbully » Wed May 16, 2012 9:10 am

Hey Ashiro, Thanks for the app. We did talk for a little last night and mentioned about our current rogue status (2 raiding and 1 in the wings to be a raid).

I'll speak with the other officers today and get their feedback.
Redbully

Postby Ashiross » Wed May 16, 2012 11:34 am

Thank you for the quick reply, Red.

Ben
Ashiross

Postby Sacs » Wed May 16, 2012 3:54 pm

Redbully wrote:our current rogue status (2 raiding and 1 in the wings to be a raid

Maybe 4 raiding Rogues is what the game needs?

I remember Serenity early in the Ulduar content with 7 healers, 4 x mages, 4 x hunters, 3 x locks, Shadow Priest, Ele shaman and a boomkin. And RL saying things like...Melee need to do more blah blah blah... yeah, there were only 2 melee or 4 if you included tanks! Ah..the good old days, I enjoyed that period, and not because melee loot drops were a certainty!
Stabby stab stab spec with stabby stab sticks
Sacs

Postby Ashiross » Wed May 16, 2012 6:50 pm

The thing with melee drops is that they will always come when you have a lot of range.

Range drops will always drops when you have a lot of melee, it is the way of the World (Of Warcraft)

Ben
Ashiross

Postby Redbully » Thu May 17, 2012 8:03 pm

Hey Ben,

Could grab me online tomorrow night for a quick chat about a couple of things please?
Redbully

Return to Recruitment