FAILED | Astrolabe - Discipline Priest

Moderator: Officers

FAILED | Astrolabe - Discipline Priest

Postby Guest » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:37 pm

In game name (including previous names if any):
Astrolabe

Denmark

Class and build:
(This is the class and specc we expect you to be raiding with, and this is the specc we hope you wish to be playing with. No main-alt changing and no specc changing without approval from the GMs.)
Discipline

Dual Spec: (Please state which 2nd spec you have with the new dual-spec system and comment your gear for it).
Shadow - Not the best gear yet.

Alts (please comment if you intend on bringing them in the guild and if not, why?):
Acidace, Acidface, Spellshards - I'm not intending to bring them in, since they are in my old guild Cartoon Heroes. Here I still have some social friends, and I would like to stay in touch with them.

Link to your Armory page? (If you are not using your raiding specc because of PvP or whatever reason, please link the raiding specc you will be using):
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/b ... abe/simple

Former guilds (on Bronzebeard or on your current realm):
Cartoon Heroes and very briefly Intent.

Why did you leave your former guilds?:
I left Cartoon Heroes to find a 25-man raiding guild, witch my Guild Master fully understood.
I then joined Intent since they were announcing to raid in 25-man mode, this wasn't true tho. Besides that they were arguing at all times in guild chat, where the officers practically harassed their members. I wouldn't stay in a guild like that.

What is your former raid experience (pre-TBC, TBC, WotLK)?
Cataclysm raid experience: DS 1/8 HC 10 man(As tank, Acidface) - Firelands 5/7 HC 25 man (As AcidAce, Rogue)

TBC - Karazhan, SSC and TK (As my rogue AcidAce)
WotLK - ICC10 since I joined the game after a long break just when Cataclysm was to come out.

Why do you want to join Serenity?
I would like to start raiding 25-man raids once again since I find the 10-man raids boring for some reason. However I have always enjoyed 25-man raids. Your guild also looks like a fair guild who doesn't judge players for a single mistake, but won't tolerate a lot either.

Do you have open applications to other guilds?
Not at the moment no.

Any member in Serenity that can vouch for you?
Not that I'm aware of.

The important questions now. Please take a moment to think about those before you answer.

This is probably the most important question. We are a raiding guild, and even though we do not force anyone into raiding, we are expecting players that will join us to show interest in raiding at least 3-4 days each week. Are you interested in raiding several days a week regularly???
Before Dragon Soul was launched I normally raided 4 days a week, so this is no problem for me. However there will of course come days were I will have to sign off, but this should only be at some rare occasions.

We do not spend a lot of time on farmed content, but we do spend a lot of times on progression, which means a lot of wiping with often very little progress. This is how we kill hard bosses and push the content. Is that what you are interested in?
Indeed. I'm here to progress and to overcome whatever Blizzard may come up with, and the only way to overcome these things is to keep trying. I've several times spend 3 hours wiping on the same HC boss without any signs of progress, and I've kept my mood high. I intent to do so over and over again.

Can you play at our official raiding times which are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday from 9pm - 12 server time?
Yeah these times fit perfectly. I'm studying at the moment, so this isn't too late for me, and I have time to go to the gym after dinner at some days if that's what I want. :)

Can you log on to the Serenity website to read what is happening and sign up on the raid calendar each week whether you can attend raids or not?
Of course. I wouldn't like for 24 people to only wait for me before raids just because I didn't sign my name off at the calendar.

Do you intend to show up for raids prepared, PVE raid specced, repaired, enchanted, gemmed and with a proper set of buffs (food buffs and potions/flasks)?
Yes I do. I will make sure my gear is fully enchanted before my first raid with you guys. It has some flaws right now, but I will get right to fixing these flaws right away. This have been my alt character but I'm tired of playing tank so I've chosen a healer class instead.

We are using a Time based, fixed item price DKP system, do you agree with this? (X) YES ( ) NO

(X) I have read the Guild Charter and agree to it: Serenity Guild Charter

Astrolabe - Discipline Priest

Postby Guest » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:37 pm

In game name (including previous names if any):
Astrolabe

Denmark

Class and build:
(This is the class and specc we expect you to be raiding with, and this is the specc we hope you wish to be playing with. No main-alt changing and no specc changing without approval from the GMs.)
Discipline

Dual Spec: (Please state which 2nd spec you have with the new dual-spec system and comment your gear for it).
Shadow - Not the best gear yet.

Alts (please comment if you intend on bringing them in the guild and if not, why?):
Acidace, Acidface, Spellshards - I'm not intending to bring them in, since they are in my old guild Cartoon Heroes. Here I still have some social friends, and I would like to stay in touch with them.

Link to your Armory page? (If you are not using your raiding specc because of PvP or whatever reason, please link the raiding specc you will be using):
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/b ... abe/simple

Former guilds (on Bronzebeard or on your current realm):
Cartoon Heroes and very briefly Intent.

Why did you leave your former guilds?:
I left Cartoon Heroes to find a 25-man raiding guild, witch my Guild Master fully understood.
I then joined Intent since they were announcing to raid in 25-man mode, this wasn't true tho. Besides that they were arguing at all times in guild chat, where the officers practically harassed their members. I wouldn't stay in a guild like that.

What is your former raid experience (pre-TBC, TBC, WotLK)?
Cataclysm raid experience: DS 1/8 HC 10 man(As tank, Acidface) - Firelands 5/7 HC 25 man (As AcidAce, Rogue)

TBC - Karazhan, SSC and TK (As my rogue AcidAce)
WotLK - ICC10 since I joined the game after a long break just when Cataclysm was to come out.

Why do you want to join Serenity?
I would like to start raiding 25-man raids once again since I find the 10-man raids boring for some reason. However I have always enjoyed 25-man raids. Your guild also looks like a fair guild who doesn't judge players for a single mistake, but won't tolerate a lot either.

Do you have open applications to other guilds?
Not at the moment no.

Any member in Serenity that can vouch for you?
Not that I'm aware of.

The important questions now. Please take a moment to think about those before you answer.

This is probably the most important question. We are a raiding guild, and even though we do not force anyone into raiding, we are expecting players that will join us to show interest in raiding at least 3-4 days each week. Are you interested in raiding several days a week regularly???
Before Dragon Soul was launched I normally raided 4 days a week, so this is no problem for me. However there will of course come days were I will have to sign off, but this should only be at some rare occasions.

We do not spend a lot of time on farmed content, but we do spend a lot of times on progression, which means a lot of wiping with often very little progress. This is how we kill hard bosses and push the content. Is that what you are interested in?
Indeed. I'm here to progress and to overcome whatever Blizzard may come up with, and the only way to overcome these things is to keep trying. I've several times spend 3 hours wiping on the same HC boss without any signs of progress, and I've kept my mood high. I intent to do so over and over again.

Can you play at our official raiding times which are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday from 9pm - 12 server time?
Yeah these times fit perfectly. I'm studying at the moment, so this isn't too late for me, and I have time to go to the gym after dinner at some days if that's what I want. :)

Can you log on to the Serenity website to read what is happening and sign up on the raid calendar each week whether you can attend raids or not?
Of course. I wouldn't like for 24 people to only wait for me before raids just because I didn't sign my name off at the calendar.

Do you intend to show up for raids prepared, PVE raid specced, repaired, enchanted, gemmed and with a proper set of buffs (food buffs and potions/flasks)?
Yes I do. I will make sure my gear is fully enchanted before my first raid with you guys. It has some flaws right now, but I will get right to fixing these flaws right away. This have been my alt character but I'm tired of playing tank so I've chosen a healer class instead.

We are using a Time based, fixed item price DKP system, do you agree with this? (X) YES ( ) NO

(X) I have read the Guild Charter and agree to it: Serenity Guild Charter

Re: Astrolabe - Discipline Priest

Postby Guest » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:39 pm

Sorry for double posting. It told me that I had to enter a Username, and then It was already submitted.

Postby Asyncritus » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:10 am

Thanks for you interest, we'll dig into it and get back to you.
There are no stupid people, just those who are unlucky when they think.

"Never argue with an idiot... They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience" - Mark Twain
Asyncritus

Postby Guest » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:00 am

About my FL raids, then it's only 4/7 Heroic when I think about it. Shannox, Alysrazor, Lord Rhyolith and Majordomo. Sorry for this misunderstanding :)

Postby Asyncritus » Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:47 pm

Hi Astrolabe, Could you /w an officer in game for a chat please?

Our Danish officer is Tusvør but any of us will do.
There are no stupid people, just those who are unlucky when they think.

"Never argue with an idiot... They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience" - Mark Twain
Asyncritus

Re: TRIAL | Astrolabe - Discipline Priest

Postby Laraht » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:33 pm

inv for trial 3/2-12
I heal, you kill
Laraht

Return to Recruitment