MEMBER | Cortaferro

Moderator: Officers

MEMBER | Cortaferro

Postby Cortaferro » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:38 am

(x) YES ( ) NO Note: by ticking YES, you agree to follow the guild charter.

In game name (including previous names if any):
Cortaferro (have been spending some time leveling and alt "Esgalhado" in case you can't see my main online)

UK

Class and build:
Paladin > Protection

Dual Spec:
Retribution (gear is a work in progress, skill wise, am a rubish DPS; i'm a full time tank, am good at it and i wish to be even better so I haven't spent much time exploring my OS so it may not be wise to think of it when it comes to raids)

Alts
I will bring alts to guild if allowed or asked to do so, if not it does not bother me as i only use them for the professions they have and nothing else and farming Valor Points when new expansions are out so I can gear my main faster.

Link to your Armory page
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/b ... rro/simple

Former guilds (on Bronzebeard or on your current realm):
1- Knights Legion
2- Autonomy
3- Svenska Krigare

Why did you leave your former guilds?:
1 KL: guild fell apart
2 Auto: joined hoping to be part of the raid team, after a few months with no progress was invited to lead raid team of SK
3 SK: Not left yet but if application is successful will do because most of the guild is now playing Star Wars

What is your former raid experience (pre-TBC, TBC, WotLK)?
i started playing WOW shortly before cataclism came out so i never actually raided any of the previous content untill i was level 85

Why do you want to join Serenity?
After a conversation with Kurrelgyre I became interested in Serenety and after reading the guild rules i was very happy with what i found, seem to be a down to hearth guild focused on progress but without the annoying, perhaps stressfull, elitism found in some guilds.
I'm looking for a guild to settle in and become a part of, I do not enjoy changing guilds and Serenity seems like a good guild to be a part of.

Do you have open applications to other guilds?
No

Any member in Serenity that can vouch for you?
To be honest I think i know "half the server" as i tend to organize a lot of Pugs so I'm bound to have one or more m8s in this guild without being aware of.

The important questions now. Please take a moment to think about those before you answer.

This is probably the most important question. We are a raiding guild, and even though we do not force anyone into raiding, we are expecting players that will join us to show interest in raiding at least 3-4 days each week. Are you interested in raiding several days a week regularly???
3-4 days a week is not a problem for me, can even do 5 days some weeks, it all depends on whats happening with RL.

We do not spend a lot of time on farmed content, but we do spend a lot of times on progression, which means a lot of wiping with often very little progress. This is how we kill hard bosses and push the content. Is that what you are interested in?
As i have said before i organize a lot of Pugs so I think i can safely say i don't mind wiping and it does not change my motivation either, i have on several occasions spent 4 and 5 hours wiping on the same boss and always providing the same level of skill on every single one of each of the attempts, but i must say the group was good, not the skill per say but the spirit and communication level between players, even though it was a pug

Can you play at our official raiding times which are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday from 9pm - 12 server time?
Perfect for me.

Can you log on to the Serenity website to read what is happening and sign up on the raid calendar each week whether you can attend raids or not?
Yes, not sure about the web page, its not the I can or can't its more the getting into the routine of doing so, but the in game calendar that i can and will reply every week to raid invites

Do you intend to show up for raids prepared, PVE raid specced, repaired, enchanted, gemmed and with a proper set of buffs (food buffs and potions/flasks)?
I'm always prepared, most times i even have potions and flasks for other classes and runescrolls of fortitude on my bags (one of the perks of organizing pugs)

We are using a Time based, fixed item price DKP system, do you agree with this? () YES ( ) NO
Am not sure what this is but if you are happy with everything else on my application drop me a line in game and we canc hat about it

(x) I have read the Guild Charter and agree to it: Serenity Guild Charter
Cortaferro

Re: application to join Serenity

Postby Kurrelgyre » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:50 am

Thanks for the application Cortaferro, and the in-game chat.
Looks like a nice application
We will take a look and get back to you as soon as possible
Kurrelgyre

Return to Recruitment