MEMBER | Vulgoi rogue X-realm

Moderator: Officers

MEMBER | Vulgoi rogue X-realm

Postby Guest » Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:59 pm

Class and build: Rogue and using combatbuild atm. http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/b ... /secondary choosed to go for combat since it was the highest dps output specc and that i find it very fun to play. Form info, Im farming VP as a maniac to get the vendor gear and farming End of Time for the trinket.

Dual Spec: (Please state which 2nd spec you have with the new dual-spec system and comment your gear for it).http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/blades-edge/Vulgoi/talent/secondary basicly same gear and gems/reforge to it.

Alts (please comment if you intend on bringing them in the guild and if not, why?):

Dotsson http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/b ... son/simple was my raiding toon
from Wotlk up until 2 months ago basicly.

Orcsson http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/b ... son/simple

Dottý http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/b ... %bd/simple nevermmind this one tho, was healer in start of cata only.

Link to your Armory page? (If you are not using your raiding specc because of PvP or whatever reason, please link the raiding specc you will be using):
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/b ... goi/simple

Former guilds (on Bronzebeard or on your current realm):

Think I was in Serenity for a very short while...

Chimera- just when they started to raid MC

Driven- Was asked if i wanted to join and since some old Chimera freinds joined I wantet to play with em. Stayed until Karazhan in TBC.

Unleashed (Bronze dragonflight) Started raiding with my warlock here. Stayed until i had to take a break due to work.

Destructive Influence/ Laid To Rest (Draenor)- Former core of Driven that teamed up again. Left when we went "to social".

Nephilim (Blade Edge)- Was raiding with my lock up until 7/7 normal firelands here. At this moment im social after alot of work and my kid which i got 100% care of nowdays. So needed a break from raiding when all of that came in my lap. Now situation is stabile and Im looking for a fresh start.

Why did you leave your former guilds?:

Explained some above. But for current guild its because we are overloaded with dps classes to raids.

What is your former raid experience (pre-TBC, TBC, WotLK)?

Vanilla- Up to C´thun and 10 bosses in Naxxramas

TBC- All beside Sunwell and Keal+Lady Vashj

Wotlk- Everything and 6 Bosses on HC ICC and 4/5hc TOGC

Cataclysm- Everything up to 7/7 Fireland. Missing Nef and Cho´ghall on HC version aswell.

Dragon Soul- 4/8 normal. In alt raid this was.

Why do you want to join Serenity?
Well I heared from Fence that you were a nice gang here :) And Im looking for a fresh start somewere where im not all lost.

Do you have open applications to other guilds? No

Any member in Serenity that can vouch for you?
Mayby Fence then.

The important questions now. Please take a moment to think about those before you answer.

This is probably the most important question. We are a raiding guild, and even though we do not force anyone into raiding, we are expecting players that will join us to show interest in raiding at least 3-4 days each week. Are you interested in raiding several days a week regularly???

Yes i am.

We do not spend a lot of time on farmed content, but we do spend a lot of times on progression, which means a lot of wiping with often very little progress. This is how we kill hard bosses and push the content. Is that what you are interested in?
Indeed it is.

Can you play at our official raiding times which are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday from 9pm - 12 server time?

Yes I can. With some variation from week to week depending on work/kid etc. I work 07:00-16:00 everyday monday to friday so schedule is fine with me. If I cant attend a raid I'll announce it asap i find out.

Can you log on to the Serenity website to read what is happening and sign up on the raid calendar each week whether you can attend raids or not?

Yes i can. Spend much time on forums.

Do you intend to show up for raids prepared, PVE raid specced, repaired, enchanted, gemmed and with a proper set of buffs (food buffs and potions/flasks)?

Ofcourse I will.

We are using a Time based, fixed item price DKP system, do you agree with this? (X ) YES ( ) NO

(X ) I have read the Guild Charter and agree to it: Serenity Guild Charter

Well I hope you like my application and you find my intressting. Mayby someone you "oldies" remember me, but i doubt it since it was such a long time ago i was on Bronzebeared...

Regards

Vulgoi

Re: X-realm rogue application

Postby Leon » Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:19 am

When was the last time you spoke to fence?
Leon

Postby Helsbells » Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:42 am

Unfortunalty Nick left the guild last week, hes still on-line sometimes but due to him working night shifts Not often im afraid.

But I am hoping he will rejoin soon when things have settled down at home for him.

No idea about rogues as i haven't played 1 since tbc.

Nick did however have a LOT of good things to say about the people he met on the horde side. Hopefully someone should get back to you soon as it is New Years and we have a few on holiday.

Good luck with your application.
Helsbells

Postby vul » Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:41 am

Oh it was a few weeks ago on real ID. Havnt seen him that much latley online so thought It had to do with work.
But sad to see he left but as you said, hope he will rejoin when things settle.

//Jimmie-Vul
vul

Postby Sacs » Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:15 am

Hmm.... I wonder why everyone is suddenly dusting off their Rogue char's that have been hidden in the back of the closet for so long?

Having looked through your profile, your gear is fine, albeit, it's much easier to get with VP which yours is along with a few items of Raid Finder gear. Looks like you've gem'd, reforged and enchanted pretty well (even if you did forget your bracers :wink: ) You'd bring the Savage Combat 4% raid buff, which I sure would be welcome as myself and Coggy tend to prefer Assassination.

As far as I can tell, you've not done any progression raids on this char, and I wonder how you'll get on with learning phases of new encounters on a melee toon? Looking at your lock's progression, seems it took quite a while to get the Cata entry raids done. Except for BWD, the other raids were completed after the pre-4.2 nerf; some feedback on that would be interesting. But one can see that you were progressing Hc BWD for a while which is good to see.

My only concern for people dusting off their forgotten rogue chars is that it would seem they're all after shiny orange legendary. Will they all stuff them back in the cupboard once the orange looses its shine? And let's be honest, Cata has been crap for Rogues...up until 4.3!

But good luck in your app, the game needs a few more skilled Rogues.
Stabby stab stab spec with stabby stab sticks
Sacs

Postby Vull » Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:41 am

Hi Sacs!

I try to answer your questions as good as i can :)

Brancer chant = Me slacking. Got thoose when I recived alot of upgrades and It slipped my mind. Will sort it asap!

Learning phase for new encounters shouldnt be that much of a problem. I watch videos, specially thoose with Mdps acpect and go from there. I raided on this rogue up to Karazhan as main so aspect of meleedps is in the back I would say. I raid as much as I can in LFR and alt raids to get the melee thinking in my head.

Progression in entry raids was due to the fact I was still in Destructive Influence when they were relesed. And since we back then raided like 2 days/week it didnt get us that very far. It was when i joined Nephilim that thinks started to roll. With only 3 raidsdays/week we manage to go pretty far in BWD and Twilight heroic. This with BWD as main target to clear.

Yeah alot of rogues start popping out of the closet, have seen that aswell :) Im sure ledgendary has something to do with it, but they have to be realistic about that aswell, only dedicated rogues thats been in the guild for a long time will probablky have a shoot at it. Im happy as long as my gear is up to standard to the content the guild is facing, after all its the progress we all are after and the gear is a step to reach that goal.

Reason for me that my rogue got loose from the closet is that Iv'e been thinking which char I want to raid in Mist of Pandaria and then i thought It would be funniest to enter that expansion the way I once started my WoW experience..in the shadows :P

Hope this brings more lights to my application!

//Jimmie - Vul
Vull

Postby vulll » Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:56 am

Edit.
Enchant is on. Waiting for the +50 agi one until I get my bracers next week. Haste is what I use until then.

/Vul
vulll

Postby Tusvor » Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:08 pm

Nice and solid application, can u plz make a lvl 1 char on BB and contact one of the officers for a chat plz?
Tusvor

Postby Sacs » Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:34 pm

A speedy response with good explanations.
Good luck :wink:
Sacs

Postby Cogwhirl » Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:52 pm

I can't really add anything to what Sacs has said (and has been responded to!). What's boggling my mind right now is that we may have not just two, but THREE raiding Rogues all of a sudden.. That hasn't happened for years! :D

Cog
If oranges are orange, why aren't bananas yellow?
"Rogues don't do buffs or other group things. If you want a hug ask the Paladin."
Cog's Armory link.
Cogwhirl

Postby Sacs » Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:29 pm

Cogwhirl wrote:THREE raiding Rogues all of a sudden

Just like busses... not alot happens then suddenly, 3 arrive together.
Sacs

Postby Kurrelgyre » Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:08 pm

Hi Vulgoi,

Thanks again for your application and the chat this morning.
We would be very happy to offer you a trial, and look forward to seeing you in raids.

Let us know your plans regarding realm transfers and speak to any of the officers for an invite once you arrive

Cheers
Kurrelgyre

Re: TRIAL | Vulgoi rogue X-realm

Postby vul » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:02 am

Hi and thanks for the good news :)

Im going home this thursday from my vaccation in nothern Sweden and I thought i do the transfer then. Chat to you later then! :)

//Vul
vul

Postby Vul » Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:19 pm

Hey!

Hope to finish with my x-fer tonight or tomorrow. Had to wait for my cash to arrive yesterday >.<

//Vul
Vul

Postby Kurrelgyre » Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:32 pm

Great - let us know when you arrive in sunny Bronzebeard
Kurrelgyre

Return to Recruitment