LEFT | Wiberg Protection Paladin

Moderator: Officers

LEFT | Wiberg Protection Paladin

Postby Wibeg » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:58 pm

SERENITY APPLICATION FORM

Instructions:

- Please check the list of classes we are recruiting at the Class/Recruitment Availability
- Copy and paste this form into a new thread in the Recruitment forums.
- Truthfully answer ALL of the questions in the application. Incomplete applications will be denied on sight!

Before you even bother, have you read our guild rules and goals? Does it corresponds to what you are looking for?

( ) YES ( ) NO Note: by ticking YES, you agree to follow the guild charter.
Yes

In game name (including previous names if any): Wiberg / sizedbeaty

Class and build:
(This is the class and specc we expect you to be raiding with, and this is the specc we hope you wish to be playing with. No main-alt changing and no specc changing without approval from the GMs.)
So since iam primary a tank now days im pretty nerdy when it comes to paladin tanking. Reading alot of guides and following post on ej forum.
So main priority right now when it comes to paladins tanking is mastery its a great tool to reduce damage and it doesnt have any diminishing returns its quite flat blocks 30% of the incoming damage and with holy shield its 20% extra for a few seconds. Now days stamina is not a primary stat its something that comes second for me after avoidance and mastery / block. as you can see iam using improved word of glory and the word of gory glyph for more healing its good to use even tho it did get nurfed not so long ago is still useful.
here is my build for tanking :
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/tool/talent ... !ghjkPlmno

right now i dont use the righteous shield glyph due to that ive only done 5 mans the last days but for raiding its mandatory to use it.

Dual Spec: (Please state which 2nd spec you have with the new dual-spec system and comment your gear for it). My second spec is the holy build i did raid as holy under the whole of wotlk but when the cataclysm talents came out i did prefer to start tanking due to the state of my old guilds tanking situation. But i do also heal alot i do enjoy it as i do with tanking. As you can see iam using the standard healing specc right now that most raiding paladins are using in raids.
heres the build : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/tool/talent ... !YgTSRjkPl

Alts (please comment if you intend on bringing them in the guild and if not, why?):
The only alt that i play is my priest korrall i would not mind getting it in to the guild but are only using the priest to make flasks.

Link to your Armory page? (If you are not using your raiding specc because of PvP or whatever reason, please link the raiding specc you will be using):

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/b ... erg/simple

Former guilds (on Bronzebeard or on your current realm): On my paladin it is Laid to rest draenor , divine legacy. bronzebeard. On my priest it is Driven , Scholars of light , Wiping as intended. On my warrior Provotic was main tank and raidleader in laid to rest.

Why did you leave your former guilds?: Driven : We disbanded after TBC came out we did manage to kill high king maulgar but then we struggled on gruul people were tired. So it went like it went. Laid to rest was pretty much driven but we rerolled horde on bronzebeard then we moved to draenor and then in the end of wotlk people started to leave and go inactive so the guild disbanded.
Divine legacy actually joined them 2 months ago i did like the social atmosphere but not the raiding people not talking on team speak and people doing really bad mistakes and didnt shape up people not running in when we wiped on bosses people going random afk was quite chaotic but i dont blame the raid leader serentida she did her best but i just feelt that i had diffrent ambitions i miss doing progress and also the fact that they didnt have an age limit in the guild made me quite worried i have allways raided and playd with people in my age so there were quite som imature people there not mentioning any names but it was very bad at times.

What is your former raid experience (pre-TBC, TBC, WotLK)?
Pre TBC : ZG cleared , AQ 20 Cleared , Molten Core cleared , BWL cleared AQ 40 up to cthun, Old naxxramas 8/15 with driven TBC - Laid to rest Gruuls lair cleared , Karazhan cleared , SSC , cleared TK cleared , MH cleared , and 3/6 Sunwell.
Wotlk with laid to rest : Naxxramas cleared , Obsidian sanctum cleared, malygos cleared , Onyxia cleared , trial of the crusader cleared , ulduar , cleared , ICC cleared aswell note wotlk was on my paladin

Why do you want to join Serenity?
To be frankly honest i just want to join a guild with matured and friendly people that have the same ambitions as me for raiding and the same with the social aspect im a very happy person i really love to met new people even tho i do recon alot of names in youre guild you were there when i was in driven and that was back when the server started.

Do you have open applications to other guilds?
I do not

Any member in Serenity that can vouch for you?

I have no clue maby you remember my dwarf priest Fence i did have alot of friends back in 60 on the server perhaps some of you guys. but not sure dont think anyone can vouch for me right now :-)

The important questions now. Please take a moment to think about those before you answer.

This is probably the most important question. We are a raiding guild, and even though we do not force anyone into raiding, we are expecting players that will join us to show interest in raiding at least 3-4 days each week. Are you interested in raiding several days a week regularly???
Yes 3 days are perfect for me due my working days i can pretty much choice my working time so iam a lucky bastard.

We do not spend a lot of time on farmed content, but we do spend a lot of times on progression, which means a lot of wiping with often very little progress. This is how we kill hard bosses and push the content. Is that what you are interested in?
Yes definitely thats what my goal is with the game to clear the current high end content before the nurfsticks comes. For me personally it means alot to clear the current content. I want to push it and do ofcourse understand that wipes are common since ive been doing raids since 2006 its a part of the game theres nothing better then killing a boss after weeks of wipes and mistakes. such a good feeling

Can you play at our official raiding times which are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday from 9pm - 12 server time?
Yes i can

Can you log on to the Serenity website to read what is happening and sign up on the raid calendar each week whether you can attend raids or not?
Yes everyday ill allways keep up on things

Do you intend to show up for raids prepared, PVE raid specced, repaired, enchanted, gemmed and with a proper set of buffs (food buffs and potions/flasks)?
Iam allways bringing the best i can get farming own gear farming own points , flasks gems everything iam allways well prepared

We are using a Zero-Sum DKP system, do you agree with this? ( ) YES ( ) NO

( ) I have read the Guild Charter and agree to it: Serenity Guild Charter
Yes i do

Before i leave you guys / ladies to judge this application i would love to say a few words first of i can seem confusing what my main specc that i apply for is but i can either tank or heal just happy to help out and give the best thats why we play hybrids its all to help out all to benefit the guild

/Kind regards hope to get an straight and honest answer Niklas Wiberg / Fence / Wiberg
Wibeg

Re: Wiberg Protection Paladin

Postby Asyncritus » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:21 pm

Thank you for your application, we will get back to you soon.
There are no stupid people, just those who are unlucky when they think.

"Never argue with an idiot... They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience" - Mark Twain
Asyncritus

Postby Mjöl » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:15 am

Interesting application indeed, will soon try to catch you ingame for a chat.
Thanks to the Themark for my avatar ! (Breast and Arms on Pic not edited, only Hair photoshopped. Seriously.)
Mjöl
Site Admin

Postby Redbully » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:45 am

Hmm think I remember you from vanilla, I was a paladin myself by the name of Redbully was in SOL and Almost Famous.
Redbully

Postby Duraino » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:21 am

only thing i can say really is ,but its a personal one ...the last few spending points of your talent tree are waisted on WOG

it was a great reliable way to keep your self up i admit ....but i think we both know and can honestly say now ..its more a pvp button for rets than tanks now.

that said it comes down to pref.

owe and just so you know dont rely to much on mastery now reason being is they nerfed the "automated shield block" due to it being to reliable u want to balance your dodge and parry as shield block is no a garuntee anymore
*** Pally <3 4 eva ****
Duraino

Postby Guest » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:05 pm

Duraino wrote:only thing i can say really is ,but its a personal one ...the last few spending points of your talent tree are waisted on WOG

it was a great reliable way to keep your self up i admit ....but i think we both know and can honestly say now ..its more a pvp button for rets than tanks now.

that said it comes down to pref.

owe and just so you know dont rely to much on mastery now reason being is they nerfed the "automated shield block" due to it being to reliable u want to balance your dodge and parry as shield block is no a garuntee anymore

indeed can be that i have only done 10 mans in this expansion so we have done many bosses only with two healers.
And yes avoidance is important i tend to alteast be on 50% block and as you can see my avoidance arent that bad.

Thanks for the reply!

Return to Recruitment