CLOSED | Ohanzrix-Arcane Mage

Moderator: Officers

CLOSED | Ohanzrix-Arcane Mage

Postby Ohan » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:53 pm

Before you even bother, have you read our guild rules and goals? Does it corresponds to what you are looking for?

(X) YES ( ) NO Note: by ticking YES, you agree to follow the guild charter.

In game name (including previous names if any): Ohanzrix

Class and build: Arcane Mage
(This is the class and specc we expect you to be raiding with, and this is the specc we hope you wish to be playing with. No main-alt changing and no specc changing without approval from the GMs.)

Dual Spec: (Please state which 2nd spec you have with the new dual-spec system and comment your gear for it). Frost, mainly for casual arena / bg .

Alts (please comment if you intend on bringing them in the guild and if not, why?):
Fardolf, a protection warrior. I can bring him to the guild after he is ready for raiding.

Link to your Armory page? (If you are not using your raiding specc because of PvP or whatever reason, please link the raiding specc you will be using):
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/b ... rix/simple

Former guilds (on Bronzebeard or on your current realm): Commanders of the Earth

Why did you leave your former guilds?: Too casual and consists of mainly inactive players.

What is your former raid experience (pre-TBC, TBC, WotLK)?
I raided through Karazhan as a resto shaman in TBC.

Why do you want to join Serenity?
I'm hoping to play with players who are willing to progress as much as me and I want to do it in a friendly environment. I think Serenity is the place for me.

Do you have open applications to other guilds?
Nope

Any member in Serenity that can vouch for you?
Afraid not.

The important questions now. Please take a moment to think about those before you answer.

This is probably the most important question. We are a raiding guild, and even though we do not force anyone into raiding, we are expecting players that will join us to show interest in raiding at least 3-4 days each week. Are you interested in raiding several days a week regularly???
Of course, I'm very interested in experiencing end-game content, you can be sure that I will be active if I can manage to get a spot on your raiding team.

We do not spend a lot of time on farmed content, but we do spend a lot of times on progression, which means a lot of wiping with often very little progress. This is how we kill hard bosses and push the content. Is that what you are interested in?
Yes, raiding is about progression and new content, otherwise it wouldn't be any different from farming heroics.

Can you play at our official raiding times which are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday from 9pm - 12 server time?
Yes, I can.

Can you log on to the Serenity website to read what is happening and sign up on the raid calendar each week whether you can attend raids or not?
Sure.

Do you intend to show up for raids prepared, PVE raid specced, repaired, enchanted, gemmed and with a proper set of buffs (food buffs and potions/flasks)?
Of course.

We are using a Zero-Sum DKP system, do you agree with this? (X) YES ( ) NO

(X) I have read the Guild Charter and agree to it: Serenity Guild Charter
Ohan

Re: Ohanzrix-Arcane Mage

Postby Asyncritus » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:14 am

Thank you for your application. We will look through it and get back to you soon.
We understand that you are obviously interested in raiding together but please be aware that as a 25man raiding guild we cannot guarantee taking all 3 (or 4) of you to each raid and that as trialists you will be fitted in and given raid time as needed by the Raid Leader.
There are no stupid people, just those who are unlucky when they think.

"Never argue with an idiot... They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience" - Mark Twain
Asyncritus

Postby Asyncritus » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:39 am

Please /w a serenity officer for a chat.
Please note, you will be expected to fix anything that Eryale or Elly suggest BEFORE entering a raid.
There are no stupid people, just those who are unlucky when they think.

"Never argue with an idiot... They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience" - Mark Twain
Asyncritus

Postby ellybelle » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:51 am

I'm afraid I'm not as helpful as I used to be. I can ask some questions however because I do love mages.

You're only 1/2 in incanters absorption. I think it's a very good talent for raiding, probably more useful then dazing your polymorph target, though that's nice in 5 mans. I'd still try to pick up the extra point I think, to use with mage ward obviously, and not likely with mana shield. I also like the damage increase from using counterspell, but I see you've not taken that talent. I try to go for talents with an obvious dps increase, and that's clearly one of them.

I see you're slightly over hit cap! super! you've geared more for crit than haste, which I find curious. You can replace your bracers in ZA, and if I'm about and you fancy a friend in queue, don't hesitate to say, I'm happy to help.

Good luck with your app! Mages Rock!
ellybelle

Return to Recruitment