CLOSED | Application

Moderator: Officers

CLOSED | Application

Postby Conando » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:49 pm

In game name (including previous names if any):Conando

Class and build:
(This is the class and specc we expect you to be raiding with, and this is the specc we hope you wish to be playing with. No main-alt changing and no specc changing without approval from the GMs.) Rogue/combat

Dual Spec: (Please state which 2nd spec you have with the new dual-spec system and comment your gear for it).Combat with different talents.Bloodthirsty and partially vicious

Alts (please comment if you intend on bringing them in the guild and if not, why?):maybe my shaman if necessary.

Link to your Armory page? (If you are not using your raiding specc because of PvP or whatever reason, please link the raiding specc you will be using):http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/bronzebeard/Conando/advanced

Former guilds (on Bronzebeard or on your current realm): Commanders of the earth

Why did you leave your former guilds?: I couldn't find the chance to raid properly and progress.

What is your former raid experience (pre-TBC, TBC, WotLK)? Naxxramas

Why do you want to join Serenity? To be able to finish raids and see firelands raids

Do you have open applications to other guilds? No.

Any member in Serenity that can vouch for you?

The important questions now. Please take a moment to think about those before you answer.

This is probably the most important question. We are a raiding guild, and even though we do not force anyone into raiding, we are expecting players that will join us to show interest in raiding at least 3-4 days each week. Are you interested in raiding several days a week regularly???

We do not spend a lot of time on farmed content, but we do spend a lot of times on progression, which means a lot of wiping with often very little progress. This is how we kill hard bosses and push the content. Is that what you are interested in?

Can you play at our official raiding times which are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday from 9pm - 12 server time? YES

Can you log on to the Serenity website to read what is happening and sign up on the raid calendar each week whether you can attend raids or not? YES.

Do you intend to show up for raids prepared, PVE raid specced, repaired, enchanted, gemmed and with a proper set of buffs (food buffs and potions/flasks)? YES

We are using a Zero-Sum DKP system, do you agree with this? (X) YES ( ) NO

(X) I have read the Guild Charter and agree to it: Serenity Guild Charter
Conando

Re: Application

Postby Cogwhirl » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:05 am

Hi Conando,

Thanks for the app. There's a few things I wanted to mention, but before I do bear in mind I'm not an officer or anything like that, I'm just commenting from my own experience of playing a Rogue as my main for a long time now.

Firstly, you haven't answered all the questions. I assumed some you missed because your answer was no, but there's others that need an answer, such as the one where you're directly asked if you are interested in raiding several days a week regularly :) Maybe go back over your app and make sure you've answered where necessary.

Now, your gear. The first thing I noticed is that you've added quite a bit of Crit Rating to your gear via gems or enchants. You should know that as of Cataclysm, Crit Rating is a junk stat for Rogues. We don't reforge, gem or enchant for it, as it's one of the most useless stats we can use. The exception to that is the Cloak enchant - there's nothing much better for us.

Second, you're not expertise-capped, which is unimportant for Assassination Rogues but for a Combat Rogue such as yourself, it's a lot more important. Granted, most of the time you should be behind a boss, but (at least in T11 raids) there are bosses where you don't have that option as much.

Third, your weapons aren't optimal for Combat either. Your OH will almost always be a fast dagger (1.40 speed) since there aren't any fast non-daggers ingame currently. Your MH should be a slow weapon. I'm not being overly critical here though as I imagine you've simply not had that loot drop or otherwise be available to you.

If you want to check any of this info, Elitist Jerks have a great thread about Combat on their website - clicky.

As an example for you to look at on the Armory, check out Kalsera, our (currently non-raiding) Combat Rogue - clicky here

Please don't feel put off by this, I'm not trying to tear you apart here, just helping you with your app - the Serenity Rogue channel is a very lonely place at the moment!

Anywho, GL with your app :)

Cog
If oranges are orange, why aren't bananas yellow?
"Rogues don't do buffs or other group things. If you want a hug ask the Paladin."
Cog's Armory link.
Cogwhirl

Postby Asyncritus » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:15 am

Thank you for your application. We will look through it and get back to you soon.
We understand that you are obviously interested in raiding together but please be aware that as a 25man raiding guild we cannot guarantee taking all 3 (or 4) of you to each raid and that as trialists you will be fitted in and given raid time as needed by the Raid Leader.
There are no stupid people, just those who are unlucky when they think.

"Never argue with an idiot... They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience" - Mark Twain
Asyncritus

Postby Sacs » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:59 pm

Cogwhirl wrote:the Serenity Rogue channel is a very lonely place at the moment!

But Coggy...I miss you too!

Back to the post, Daggers...seriously! If you like Daggers (and I love em!), re-spec Subtlety or Assassination but forget it in Combat! If you're not using a 2.6 speed MH weapon you might as well forget to DPS. And anything slower than a 1.4 speed OH will not give you much in the way of Energy return from Combat Potency procs.

Cog's way too polite to say, so I will. Looking at your gear, spec, gemming etc etc I'd conclude you don't really know much about playing a Rogue in raids. I mean, let's just look at your leg armor, you have the Tank kit applied instead of the melee DPS one. You have managed to get a few decent items but that doesn't always conclude skill or competence in class.

Sorry to be harsh dude but one day you might thank me for it...or maybe not...
Stabby stab stab spec with stabby stab sticks
Sacs

Postby Asyncritus » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:37 am

Please /w a serenity officer for a chat.
You will, if invited, be expected to fix anything that Cog and Sacs suggest BEFORE entering any raid.
There are no stupid people, just those who are unlucky when they think.

"Never argue with an idiot... They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience" - Mark Twain
Asyncritus

Return to Recruitment