CASUAL | Vinkledinkle - Frost DK

Moderator: Officers

CASUAL | Vinkledinkle - Frost DK

Postby maclof » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:53 pm

In game name (including previous names if any):
Vinkledinkle

Essex, United Kingdom (No, this does not make me a Chav :))

Class and build:
(This is the class and specc we expect you to be raiding with, and this is the specc we hope you wish to be playing with. No main-alt changing and no specc changing without approval from the GMs.)
I am currently playing Frost spec on my Death Knight, and will likely continue doing so in 4.2, However I will be testing out the new buffed Unholy builds to see if they become on-par.

Dual Spec: (Please state which 2nd spec you have with the new dual-spec system and comment your gear for it).
I originally began gearing my Death Knight with the hopes to play Frost/Blood, So I have a 333/346 tanking set in the bank. I am however currently playing dual Frost spec, for PvP/PvE, But as I explained above I'll probably spec Frost/Unholy once 4.2 hits tomorrow.

Alts (please comment if you intend on bringing them in the guild and if not, why?):
Leeo - 85 Restoration/Enhancement Shaman
Quagil - 85 Protection/Fury Warrior
Dorothis - 85 Assassination Rogue
Symbo - 84 Survival/BM Hunter

If I was accepted I'd happily bring all of these alts into the guild.

Link to your Armory page? (If you are not using your raiding specc because of PvP or whatever reason, please link the raiding specc you will be using):
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/b ... e/advanced

Former guilds (on Bronzebeard or on your current realm):
The Death Knight I play is actually a newly leveled character, So I will list most of the guilds that I played on my previous main Leeo, Whom has good reputation in all guilds I've been in.

State of Authority - My own personal guild which I created for running heroics/instances with friends.
Atychiphobia
Gladius Mortis

Why did you leave your former guilds?:
Atychiphobia - This guild fell apart due to problems with leadership, after the GM status was handed over to another officer, the guild no longer participated in raiding and became fairly inactive for a while. Although I believe the guild has started again recently I chose to leave this guild for good as the majority of other active players did so as well.

Gladius Mortis - I sadly had to leave this guild after I found myself a new job, and unfortunately at the time my working hours conflicted with the times I raided. I stayed as a casual player for a long while before taking the step to try and find myself a new home. :(

What is your former raid experience (pre-TBC, TBC, WotLK)?
Atychiphobia - This has been my only raid experience during the Cataclysm expansion, apart from joining PUG raids where possible. We cleared 3/6 in Blackwing Descent, 3/4 in Bastion of Twilight and 1/2 in Throne of the Four Winds.

Gladius Mortis - I was with this guild during WotLK and during this time I played my Restoration/Enhancement Shaman, I helped the guild clear all of Ulduar 10 and 25 man (Apart from Algalon, We wasn't this lucky) and a few bosses on hardmode in 10 man. We then cleared Onyxia and ToC when they were released on 10/25 man. Unfortunately I never had the opportunity to enter into raiding ICC with this guild due to the problems I listed above ^.

Why do you want to join Serenity?
I've been looking to join a raiding guild that I'd be able to call my home again, clear all the new content and to feel like i'm doing something worthwhile in this game (At the moment aside from doing heroics, I'm just PvPing while looking for a raid guild that will be suitable for me).

I've heard great things about the guild from playing this game for so long, I figured it was worth a try to see if I'd be an asset to your raiding teams.

Do you have open applications to other guilds?
Not currently, I will only ever apply to 1 guild at a time and wait for a verdict.

Any member in Serenity that can vouch for you?
Nobody that rings a bell, unfortunately :(.

The important questions now. Please take a moment to think about those before you answer.

This is probably the most important question. We are a raiding guild, and even though we do not force anyone into raiding, we are expecting players that will join us to show interest in raiding at least 3-4 days each week. Are you interested in raiding several days a week regularly???
Of course, I will attend as often as possible and help out with other guild activities that may be happening.

We do not spend a lot of time on farmed content, but we do spend a lot of times on progression, which means a lot of wiping with often very little progress. This is how we kill hard bosses and push the content. Is that what you are interested in?
I love to clear new content and push myself to my limits! :D

Can you play at our official raiding times which are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday from 9pm - 12 server time?
Your raid times suit me almost perfectly, I'd be able to attend 3/4 raid days. Unfortunately I couldn't attend on Thursdays as this conflicts with my work timetable, but the other 3 days are absolutely fine.

Can you log on to the Serenity website to read what is happening and sign up on the raid calendar each week whether you can attend raids or not?
Of course I am able to do this, no problem whatsoever.

Do you intend to show up for raids prepared, PVE raid specced, repaired, enchanted, gemmed and with a proper set of buffs (food buffs and potions/flasks)?
I will be prepared to every single raid, I have alts that have professions in Enchanting, Jewelcrafting and Alchemy so I am absolutely self-sufficient in that aspect.

We are using a Zero-Sum DKP system, do you agree with this? (X) YES ( ) NO
DKP systems keep things fair, this is a good choice.

(X) I have read the Guild Charter and agree to it: Serenity Guild Charter
maclof

Re: Vinkledinkle - Frost DK

Postby Redbully » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:09 pm

[quote="maclof"]Essex, United Kingdom (No, this does not make me a Chav :))

haha as long as you aint that "barbie Ken" lookalike from that essex program, more than welcome to bring the ladies from that series with you if you can. haha!

Thanks for taking an interest into Serenity.

Currently I am on the only raiding Dk in the guild and i happen to be one of the two main tanks. My OS is frost, nothing better then duel wielding. Plus frost was my main spec back in WOTLK.

I've noticed that your missing a couple of enchant, well the main enchants happen to be the head and shoulders. Is your rep for Therazane and Wildhammer close to revered status?

Plus you have numerous alts which is a good thing, shows your willing to play classes which in turns make you understand what they have to offer i.e CC's and etc.

Overall a solid app, i wish you the best of luck with it and one of the officers should be around around to speak with you soon.

Good luck
Redbully

Postby Tusvor » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:15 pm

Thankyou for the application, we have an officer meeting tonite and will discuss your application there, and get back to u as soon as possible.
Tusvor

Postby maclof » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:32 pm

Rinky wrote:
maclof wrote:Essex, United Kingdom (No, this does not make me a Chav :))

haha as long as you aint that "barbie Ken" lookalike from that essex program, more than welcome to bring the ladies from that series with you if you can. haha!

Thanks for taking an interest into Serenity.

Currently I am on the only raiding Dk in the guild and i happen to be one of the two main tanks. My OS is frost, nothing better then duel wielding. Plus frost was my main spec back in WOTLK.

I've noticed that your missing a couple of enchant, well the main enchants happen to be the head and shoulders. Is your rep for Therazane and Wildhammer close to revered status?

Plus you have numerous alts which is a good thing, shows your willing to play classes which in turns make you understand what they have to offer i.e CC's and etc.

Overall a solid app, i wish you the best of luck with it and one of the officers should be around around to speak with you soon.

Good luck

The only way is essex? That's filmed in the high street where I live, haha. No joke :)

I thought you may have picked up on the missing enchants, They arn't close to revered yet, I've been mainly concentrating on gearing the characters up. I'm currently considering dropping my Herb/Mining proffessions (No use to me currently) and leveling Enchanting and Inscription to 525, I could have this done in a day or two. This would give me 2 ring enchants and a shoulder enchant (I did the same thing on my Shaman).

Other than that, I'll get the WIldhammer rep going once I log on this evening, I've been meaning to do it for a few days now anyway.

Thank you for your kind words, Hope to hear from you soon! :) Peace.
maclof

Postby Asyncritus » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:00 pm

Hi Vin, If you are online this evening please could you contact one myself or one of the other officers for a brief chat.
Thanks
There are no stupid people, just those who are unlucky when they think.

"Never argue with an idiot... They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience" - Mark Twain
Asyncritus

Return to Recruitment