LEFT | Hunter Application

Moderator: Officers

LEFT | Hunter Application

Postby Osguard » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:19 am

In game name (including previous names if any): Osguard

Class and build: Hunter Sv
(This is the class and specc we expect you to be raiding with, and this is the specc we hope you wish to be playing with. No main-alt changing and no specc changing without approval from the GMs.)

Dual Spec: (Please state which 2nd spec you have with the new dual-spec system and comment your gear for it). MM spec and gear to go with it

Alts (please comment if you intend on bringing them in the guild and if not, why?): I will be bringing alts over from realm im currently on Druid 1st

Link to your Armory, CTProfiles, or RPGOutfitters page? (If you are not using your raiding specc because of PvP or whatever reason, please link the raiding specc you will be using): http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... ard/simple

Former guilds (on Bronzebeard or on your current realm): Before i arrived at Silvermoon i was a resident on Bronzebeard in numerous guild Legacy of Heroes the main one.On silvermoon i have been mainly a nomad although that said ive been in many guilds with friends here

Why did you leave your former guilds?: No reason in particular its just from time to time i like to venture out into this virtual world to experience and explore by myself

What is your former raid experience (pre-TBC, TBC, WotLK)? All Raids upto and inc LK Heroic 10 and 25 cleared ive recently started raiding again in cataclysm as i have been away working/family commitments

Why do you want to join Serenity? Fromthe time i left i left behind so many good friends and now i have decided to come back to my true albeit virtual home and Serenity is the guild that after talking to a few people always seems to be the reccomended choice

Do you have open applications to other guilds? No

Any member in Serenity that can vouch for you? A couple Emily and John aKa Ellybelle and Hugs i do know a few others in guild but i wont mention there names

The important questions now. Please take a moment to think about those before you answer.

This is probably the most important question. We are a raiding guild, and even though we do not force anyone into raiding, we are expecting players that will join us to show interest in raiding at least 3-4 days each week. Are you interested in raiding several days a week regularly??? Ofc time to feed the returning hunger

We do not spend a lot of time on farmed content, but we do spend a lot of times on progression, which means a lot of wiping with often very little progress. This is how we kill hard bosses and push the content. Is that what you are interested in? It would be any fun if the boss just fell over at the 1st attempt learning game mechanics is half the fun

Can you play at our official raiding times which are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday from 9pm - 12 server time? Certainly can

Can you log on to the Serenity website to read what is happening and sign up on the raid calendar each week whether you can attend raids or not? Ofc although dont slate me if i leave witty comments :P

Do you intend to show up for raids prepared, PVE raid specced, repaired, enchanted, gemmed and with a proper set of buffs (food buffs and potions/flasks)?
Of course this goes without saying to not would be a mockery worthy of a g/kick

We are using a Zero-Sum DKP system, do you agree with this? ( ) YES

( ) I have read the Forum sticky: Intro to Serenity Nice Reading
( ) I have read the Forum sticky: Guild Rules and Goals As above
Mikah

Osguard

Re: Hunter Application

Postby Mjöl » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:50 am

Thanks Osguard for your app. First, little botch at copying eh ? I doubt that you have 3238 posts and joined in 2007 :mrgreen:

We recently invited a hunter to initate, that means we have currently 4 hunters raiding. However, with the current content, and Cata in general, it seems that fluctuation in the raiding ranks is much higher, also because of more and more 10man guilds coming up and the 25man ones having a tough time in holding up the organisation.

So there are chances, but the situation is a bit more complicated. I am online today evening so please contact me when you are online so we can have a chat.
Thanks to the Themark for my avatar ! (Breast and Arms on Pic not edited, only Hair photoshopped. Seriously.)
Mjöl
Site Admin

Postby ellybelle » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:09 am

John and I have been friends with Osguard since early 2008. She would frequently wait with me for John to get home and find us a tank for the TBC daily heroic and/or if no tank was unsaved we'd go do BOT (that's Botanica for you wrath babies). John and I were unhappy with our guild and left after having spent two years trying to progress past Moroes. Ozzy introduced us to her friends who were literally all over the realm and to a great network of people willing to pug all raids from Kara to Maggie's to Gruuls to Tempest Keep and Mount Hijal. Never selfish, her first chat message in every raid was always, 'Anyone need any flask/elixir?'

I spoke with her again last night about how much we love Serenity. I understand she's happy to come as casual and help out if/when we need it.

She's a good old fart like the rest of us even if she's not near so gobbie as I am.
ellybelle

Postby Osguard » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:02 am

Hello and ty for the replies first of all that was a deliberate mistake Mjolnir i left it on to see if you were paying attention hehe :twisted: I will log onto 1 of my alts already on bronzebeard from when i was there before and see if you have time for a chat..and Em its not that you are "gobby" its just you dont know when to give your mouth a rest :P speak to you peeps later Sammy xx
Osguard

Postby Mjöl » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:03 pm

Oh yeah, the i only tested you method, im using that regulary in raids too :)

What you wrote and what Elly wrote looks good, so dont look bad overall.
Thanks to the Themark for my avatar ! (Breast and Arms on Pic not edited, only Hair photoshopped. Seriously.)
Mjöl
Site Admin

Postby Hugz » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:13 pm

Ossy is a really really nice person, one of our oldest friends in WoW who got us into raiding. Not sure if you should be thanking Ossy after that statement ^ ^
Ossy making a deliberate mistake, never I don't believe it. <ites Ossy>

Poor poor Hamster. Little fella will be quaking in his boots.

Might have to level him so he stands a chance against you and your mean & hungry pet.

Ossys an older fart than me I think <hides> eeek pets coming <Digs a big hole>

Yes Ok I'll stop been silly.

Sam gets my thumbs up. <Hugz gently pats Osguard>
Hugz

Postby Mjöl » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:09 am

Had a very nice talk with Os yesterday even, and she will be invited around weekend as casual/waiting for a raidspot :)
Mjöl
Site Admin

Postby Cogwhirl » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:24 am

Small note of apology for Ossy here - you whispered Otta last night to ask if Mjol was online, and she abruptly went offline. It wasn't personal - she was downstairs, I came up to switch off her PC since we were having dinner/tv for a bit, and your whisper arrived in the split second after I clicked Exit Game. So, sorry, wasn't being ignorant!

Cog
If oranges are orange, why aren't bananas yellow?
"Rogues don't do buffs or other group things. If you want a hug ask the Paladin."
Cog's Armory link.
Cogwhirl

Postby Osguard » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:56 am

No problem elly was online and did let me now but ty :) just blame hugz he always gets the blame :twisted: look forward to joining you fine peeps cya soon Sammy xx
Osguard

Postby Hugz » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:14 pm

Oooh is Mjol, Sam in disguise as he always blames me.. <ponders>
Hugz

Return to Recruitment