CASUAL | Combat Rogue Application

Moderator: Officers

CASUAL | Combat Rogue Application

Postby Kal » Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:28 pm

Ladies and Gents thank you for the time you're about to take in reading my app. I hope it dosent hurt your brainpans too much!

(X ) YES ( ) NO Note: by ticking YES, you agree to follow the guild charter.

In game name (including previous names if any): Kalsera - Just call me Kal, I'm sure you'll work out why.

Class and build: Combat Rogue (7-31-3).

Dual Spec: Subtlety - PVP spec I don't use too often

Alts (please comment if you intend on bringing them in the guild and if not, why?):
Kalvalar (Paladin - 85), Kalshinar (Death Knight - 81), Kalandra (Druid - 81), Kalanara (Warlock - 80), Few other 80s Horde side.
Some Alts would be joining me, some will remain with my current guild to keep playing with some of the lads there.

Link to your Armory, CTProfiles, or RPGOutfitters page?
LINK TO KALSERA

Former guilds (on Bronzebeard or on your current realm):
Straylight (A)
Incubus (H)

Why did you leave your former guilds?:
Straylight has ceased PvE raiding due to player issues. Shame too, the guys who came with me are top notch blokes.
Moved to Straylight to Incubus after some considerable thought and wanting to push content a little harder than a casual raiding guild was. it's a fantastic guild for the most part.
Prior to that I played on the US Realms as it worked out better time wise due to the nature of my work at the time.

What is your former raid experience (pre-TBC, TBC, WotLK)?
Vanilla - None, started playing as Vinilla drew to a close
TBC - If it moved I've killed it. However I never wanna see Kil'jaden EVER again! I did this as a Paladin Healer
Wrath - Killed everything on normal 25, Most of the HC Bosses on Kill's on ICC10. This was mainly as a Paladin Tank for T7-9, switched to Mage for ICC.

Why do you want to join Serenity?
Because I Can? Not enough? Damn, ok.

What Im looking for from Serenity is a bunch of like minded individuals that push content and aint gonna whine if its hard. Somewhere where a few laughs when there is raid downtime be it with some alts of PVP or general troublemaking f the non malisious kind.

Now I know you guys push the content, but as for the people. I don't know you yet, but I'd like too.

Do you have open applications to other guilds?
I don't believe in multiple applications. I'll see how you judge me and take it from there (Just don't beat my ego too hard with the judging part :P)

Any member in Serenity that can vouch for you?
I don't believe so. but you never know if the legendery exploits of my wit have preceeded me. Kinda hope not!

The important questions now. Please take a moment to think about those before you answer.

Are you interested in raiding several days a week regularly???
I am indeed, even have the raid munchies by my desk.

We do not spend a lot of time on farmed content, but we do spend a lot of times on progression, which means a lot of wiping with often very little progress. This is how we kill hard bosses and push the content. Is that what you are interested in?
Am I interested in rolling my face off a large bad-ass wow boss's crotch for hours on end and subjecting myself to thousands in repair bills and consumables due to being a glutton for punishment? Yes, i am!

Can you play at our official raiding times which are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday from 9pm - 12 server time?
I can. I work an on call rota so those nights it would be a case of either not raiding or if I'm really really needed (something i doubt will happen in a guild like this) play with the agreement of the RL that I might need to sneek off and do some work. It's all from home. "Lazy IT Type Person" ;)

Can you log on to the Serenity website to read what is happening and sign up on the raid calendar each week whether you can attend raids or not?
I Can do indeed, at work, on the move on the... you get the idea.

Do you intend to show up for raids prepared, PVE raid specced, repaired, enchanted, gemmed and with a proper set of buffs (food buffs and potions/flasks)?
Is there another way to show up? No really even casuals should do that! Just cos you don't raid regularly doe...... ok Rant over I'm back now

We are using a Zero-Sum DKP system, do you agree with this? (X ) YES ( ) NO

(X) I have read the Forum sticky: Intro to Serenity
( X) I have read the Forum sticky: Guild Rules and Goals

Normally I expect to see the bits that say "Tell us about you" I'm thankful and worried that that's not here so feel free to noise me up online ;)
Kal

Re: Combat Rogue Application

Postby Sacs » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:25 pm

I like the sound of this guy...you should accept him because...
...he'll talk like Cloudy; and even seems as loopy as me or Cloudy were!

However, a few pointers my friend and something to think about. Your expertise is very very low for combat. Unfortunately, you combat guys NEED to reach exp cap where as it's not really that important for us Assassination guys. The reasons for this is to ensure you maximise your OH hits, this is to help proc with Combat Potency which in turns = more NRG = RAWRRR DPS. In addition, you do more damage as physical rather than with poisons, so you gotta make sure you actually hit the target rather than get dodged. I'd suggest you change your reforging or maybe some items so you have full 26/26 exp cap then go for haste as next main stat instead of the mastery that you seem to go for.

But Hit looks spot on, although be aware that White Hit is worth more dps than crit, so maybe bin crit at every opportunity. However, I suspect they may change mechanics to boost the importance of crit at some point in the future. Just a hunch from the way they changed things in the past few years that I've been raiding as Rogue :wink:

Good luck with the application. These guys go to bed early for a late night raiding guild (at their age, understandable) so be patient for a reply :lol:

<Hoping that will prompt someone for a speedy response :P >
Last edited by Sacs on Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stabby stab stab spec with stabby stab sticks
Sacs

Postby Kal » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:35 pm

Indeed your right the expertise, however im juggeling that and keeping at 1127 hit, however upon a little more study exp cap and some more haste seem to be in order.

Let me get right on that, cheers for the pointer. Now to see if i can waste my BH lockout on testing it tonight :D
Kal

Postby Mjöl » Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:26 am

Hey Kal, quite nice app, its easy visible when somebody takes actually some effort into a application.

And yeah Sacs, he talks really like Cloudy. Kal, you are not by any way able to do a perfect Sean Connery impression on vent ? :mrgreen:

Oh, and btw - tell us about you ! :D

Anyway, im sure we have space currently - I am online today later afternoon and will hopefully catch you online then so we can have a chat, and likely a invite afterwards!
Thanks to the Themark for my avatar ! (Breast and Arms on Pic not edited, only Hair photoshopped. Seriously.)
Mjöl
Site Admin

Postby Kal » Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:13 pm

Coolbeans, Ill be on Kalsera or Shikiri for when im on today

More about me? Well ill take two excerpts from my app to incubus nearly 3 years ago. they used it as an example of what they want in an app..... they be crazyyy :D

Previous experiance/characters:

I’ve been murdering various virtual things since my days on a Sinclair Spectrum +2. With the good ol’ light gun! Despite various scurvy naves attempting to get in between me and mass carnage of the fantasy variety I kept on killing through the days of the trusty Amiga (the betamax of the computer world :P) Killing mass bad guys on games like Syndicate, Cannon Fodder, Elite and Moonstone. Eventually the time came to move to PC's and I discovered true evil at its hand. FPS games... Doom, Dark Forces and eventually Day of Defeat took over my life. If I wasn’t in school, rugby, skiing or skating, I was doing my best to rack up a body count greater than Hot shots 2. It was fun. And i still had a live outside of a computer.

Then EvE Online came. Natural Geekyness + piloting spaceships as if i was in X-Wing, Wing commander or Elite again + MMO meant my life became Work + blow shit up + drink booze + yell yarrr + sleep + more yarr +sleep yarring = My life....... I saw wow and like many in EvE went "meh its D&D in a mmo its too simple" and that’s why I 1st came to wow... to escape the complexity of EvE..... Shit was I wrong. Simple my ass!

My birthcraft saw me playing on the US realms as I played late due to work and one of my mates played on a US server as well. Tyriakel, a Elf pally was born and after a mighty played time of 29 days to level 70 (I’m sure that’s a world record!), she slapped her way into tier 5/6 content healing those that fell.... however it was said that many died for the sake of my bourbon.... this pleased me. My alcohol was paid for by the life’s of a raid! :D

Eventually I wanted more and Lovejoy the Cowid came into being. a slightly less epic 9 days play time later he hit 70 and about a month or so later (with some advice and help from Fizz) he was tanking his way to Mag.... many more died for my drink problem there too.

But alas with BT down and ZA the only challenge left, normal working hours and 3am raid start times became a bit much for me. So my wowdiction slipped to nothing. I was Free.... my characters became farmers for my mate and then even he let them lapse and they fell silent.... Call of Duty became my home for some time. I returned to the 101st.... a clan I’ve been involved with one way or another for 10 years.

Then Arthas got his ass off that throne cos some dumbass gave him a can of de-icer they had in the back of their car..... what cockbite did that? So I’m called back to this world, but ill be dammed if its at 3am GMT this time! I return to Bronzebeard, the 1st Server I played on back when this shindig started. Hell there is even still a level 30 NE priest baring the name Tyriakel over on the alliance side. I’m here to make sure Grunt gets a slap is he loses aggro (living in the same house means I can throw shit at him), take one of Elric’s hair spikes as a trophy if he walks into a raid with 0% dura on his armour, make fizz wear cloths other than white tees and cream combats (I’m sure if he could he’d get blizzard to make Druid gear like that he would wear it!) and frankly I’m not sure what Id do to Roaly.... poor mans got a kid on his hands... how does he make time for wow?!

Oh yer and for the Record I’m a Cheeky Sarcastic Evil Scotsman. And Like Mr Connolly said I’ve got one hand in my pocket and im playing with my 10” cock.

And the other bit

A bit about yourself:

I’m a simple man really. I want the usual things in life. Hundreds of grandchildren, domination over the known world and the knowledge that all my enemies have died in horrible, unlikely and unpredictable accidents that cant be tied to me in anyway what so ever. (Brownie points if you can guess where that’s paraphrased from)

I work (am enslaved to) a IT firm called Crap Gemini as a Tier 2 RDA. This plays lovely to that afore mentioned natural geekyness. I am a natural born button pusher... helps in this game :P Windows is the environment in stuck in. Might bother fucking around with UNIX at some later stage.... thats pretty much my way of learning by the way... fuck around with it, brake it, learn to fix it. Building PC’s was about the most fun I had doing shit like that. heh

Outside of our lovely Virtual world i try and ... well get drunk.... Oh and Archery. I shoot shit with bows. Recurves mainly. I’m thinking I should have rolled a hunter!

Ginger jokes annoy me. Brown hair, ginger beard.... Live with it or the sword comes out :P

But really... I agree with Sohmar... I live...

Because I Can.

Kal
Kal

Postby Ronzoz » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:30 pm

Nice and entertaining reading, nice to know you Kal.
By this time you must be already invited into the guild...if not good luck :)
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” - Albert Einstein
Ronzoz

Return to Recruitment