MEMBER | Hunter apply

Moderator: Officers

MEMBER | Hunter apply

Postby Xhunter » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:55 pm

In game name (including previous names if any): Xhuntor

Class and build:
Hunter, BM spec.

Dual Spec: I do have dualspec, its MM atm but havent really looked into that spec yet that much so the tallents arent put in correctly

Alts (please comment if you intend on bringing them in the guild and if not, why?):
Xdruid, Xshammeh and Palazor, they wont be joining the guild right

Link to your Armory, CTProfiles, or RPGOutfitters page? (If you are not using your raiding specc because of PvP or whatever reason, please link the raiding specc you will be using): http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/b ... tor/simple

Former guilds (Legacy of heroes, The Night Watch, Vanquishers of Dawn):

Why did you leave your former guilds?: I left Legacy of heroes to play with some friends, and The Night Watch I left because I was kicked after transfering my druid to another realm so they kicked my hunter, and Vanquishers I’m in at the moment but we dont raid and Elly talked to me asking if I was interested in some raiding since I’m not doing that at the moment.

What is your former raid experience (pre-TBC, TBC, WotLK)?
I havent done raids pre-TBC, I’ve done Kara and ZA in TBC, and I’ve cleared ICC10, TotC 10/25, Ulduar most bosses, OS10/25, Naxx in WotLK

Why do you want to join Serenity?
I would like to join Serenity because I would like to raid in cataclysm and Elly told me I should fill out an application.

Do you have open applications to other guilds?
No I dont have any other applications open

Any member in Serenity that can vouch for you?
Yes there are, Ellymental and Hugz. I’ve done alot of heroics with them and went to BWD with them to kill magmaw a few times.

The important questions now. Please take a moment to think about those before you answer.

This is probably the most important question. We are a raiding guild, and even though we do not force anyone into raiding, we are expecting players that will join us to show interest in raiding at least 3-4 days each week. Are you interested in raiding several days a week regularly??? Yes I’m interested in raiding several days a week

We do not spend a lot of time on farmed content, but we do spend a lot of times on progression, which means a lot of wiping with often very little progress. This is how we kill hard bosses and push the content. Is that what you are interested in?

Can you play at our official raiding times which are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday from 9pm - 12 server time? I can raid on Monday, Thursday and Sunday, Wednesday I got soccer practice.

Can you log on to the Serenity website to read what is happening and sign up on the raid calendar each week whether you can attend raids or not?
Yes

Do you intend to show up for raids prepared, PVE raid specced, repaired, enchanted, gemmed and with a proper set of buffs (food buffs and potions/flasks)?
Yes

We are using a Zero-Sum DKP system, do you agree with this? (Yes) YES ( ) NO

( Yes) I have read the Forum sticky: Intro to Serenity
( Yes) I have read the Forum sticky: Guild Rules and Goals

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Greetings, Xhuntor

P.s. sorry for using a slightly different name, had to because I registered to the forum earlier so it said the user name was in use
Xhunter

Re: Hunter apply

Postby ellybelle » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:06 pm

Yay! Good Luck X! I totally vouch!
ellybelle

Postby Hugz » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:08 pm

X knows his class, plays well. And I have always found him easy to get on with.

Goodluck with the app xXx
Hugz

Postby Xhunter » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:24 pm

Aww...thnx for the reply and the vouch guys.
We'll see what happens. *crosses fingers*
Xhunter

Postby Paul » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:56 am

Hello and thanks for applying......

A few things I would like to mention.

You need to have a serious second spec, atm BM is great in fights where the boss is stationary and the player moves alot.
But we have 3 best specs and only 2 available at once.

BM = boss stationary player movement
SV = AOE fights
MM = boss movement and boss switching fights

So limiting yourself to one spec doesn't work in a raid situation.

On your gear I'm sure its the best available to you atm so no comments there, but the gemming and enchanting is a bit off. All gems and enchants where possible need to be agility you can reforge haste for hit.
Read this on haste (http://www.warcrafthuntersunion.com/201 ... -plateaus/)

You are missing a third major glyph (although none are really any good) and you have glyphed steady shot, which is a shot you shouldn't even be using?

Your spec is ok if you are a keen serpent sting user I find it fight dependant if you are switching targets alot it is a focus drain.

What is your shot priority and how and when do you use bestial wrath and what shots/buffs do you use in bestial wrath?
Do you use focus fire on CD or 5 stacks?

There is more to discuss im sure but don't want to scare you away.......................

P.S. We will discuss your application and get back to you asap.
Paul

Postby Mikah » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:21 am

Hi and thanks for your application.

I've done some heroics and some BWD with him. I can also say DPS was fine and following general strategy for bosses was fine with minimum standing in <insert color> shit.

Paul will surely grill you on the gear/enchants/gems, but I see you already have the level of gear of what is expected from heroics.

Just one general question I would like some clarification. You mentionned:

Xhunter wrote:What is your former raid experience (pre-TBC, TBC, WotLK)?
I havent done raids pre-TBC, I’ve done Kara and ZA in TBC, and I’ve cleared ICC10, TotC 10/25, Ulduar most bosses, OS10/25, Naxx in WotLK

Which appears to me that you mostly did light raiding and/or pugs? I understand you can not raid on Wednesday, which is fine, but I would like to know how keen you are in raiding 3 nights a week, showing up on time, signing up on the raid calendar, looking up tactics?

We are looking for people interested in raiding not only now, but also in the long terms. Is that what you are looking for?
Mikah

Postby Xhunter » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:44 pm

Hey guys, thnx for the reply,

About the BM spec I know its a stationairy position spec and I also have a MM dualspec but its not propperly tallents/glyphed cause I've done few raids to no raids in cataclysm.
I usually use bestial wrath at the beginning of the fight so its off cooldown later on so I can use it twice or I save it for when its needed to do big burst damage.
The shots/abilities I use during bestial wrath are arcane shot and kill command when its off cd, focus fire I use at 5 stacks, and I pop my agility trinket.
I was planning on regemming one of these days, I gemmed the agi/hit because I was a bit below the hitcap but I'm regemming now.
About the glyph of steady shot, I totally forgot to replace it, going to find a new glyph for that right away.

About the raiding, yeah I have done light raiding in WotLK, mostly once or twice a week, cause some people couldnt raid more back then.
I'm interested in raiding long term, I've always enjoyed raiding alot and I would like to get back to that if possible.
Like I said, I'm not available on wednesday but the other 3 days I'm good to go, flasks are no problem, my druid is herbalist/alchemist so I can make my own flasks and my hunter has cooking (wich still need a little work to get to max lvl) but I can make buff food.

Hope this information is enough, if not I'll hear from you if there are any other questions.

Greetings, Xhuntor
Xhunter

Return to Recruitment