LEFT | Pally, Prot/Rtri or Hunter (whatever is needed)

Moderator: Officers

LEFT | Pally, Prot/Rtri or Hunter (whatever is needed)

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:33 pm

(Yes ) YES ( ) NO Note: by ticking YES, you agree to follow the guild charter.

In game name (including previous names if any): Pally (Daverak) Hunter (Hawkaye)

Class and build: Pally (Prot / Retri), Hunter ( Marks ) As discused before making this app, whichever is needed most by the guild would be the class/spec i would play, I'm easy and can play anything.
(This is the class and specc we expect you to be raiding with, and this is the specc we hope you wish to be playing with. No main-alt changing and no specc changing without approval from the GMs.)

Dual Spec: (Please state which 2nd spec you have with the new dual-spec system and comment your gear for it).
For the pally it is Retri, atm it is not raid ready, but basic STR as the main stat, normal hit to 8% and expertise to 26, again depending on if this would be needed, then further reading at EJ forums will hammer out anything i need to know beyond the basics. For the hunter there is no alt spec.

Alts (please comment if you intend on bringing them in the guild and if not, why?): Some, maybe a mid lvl elemental shaman, other than only the 2 listed lvl 85's.

Link to your Armory, CTProfiles, or RPGOutfitters page? (If you are not using your raiding specc because of PvP or whatever reason, please link the raiding specc you will be using):
Hunter: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/b ... aye/simple
Pally: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/b ... rak/simple

Former guilds (on Bronzebeard or on your current realm): Bronzebeard was a realm my wife and I played on a few years ago, it's hard to remember in our old age, but I think we had a small 10m guild called DM on Farm, and possibly some other guilds like Divine Retribution (if memory serves me and it was on this realm :) ) other realms was Aggramar in TBC where I RL'ed a horde guild called Phoenix, taking it to about 5th best on server, in Wotlk we had our own small guild which broke apart due to numbers, and in the end took a break to return after ICC patch hit and joined a 25m guild called One Eyed Rat, where we killed everthing in cluding LK heroic on 10m, but not 25m :(, we then moved into Cata with this guild and cleared all 25m up to Cho'gall and Nef, didn't touch four winds as yet. We took a break just after xmas, raiding numbers fell down and recruitment wasn't happening. We decided a fresh start was needed back as alliance and returned to BB.

Why did you leave your former guilds?: Lack of progression, lack of motivation from its members more recently, otherwise the smaller guilds we made ourselves always seemed to drop due to members leaving over time. Phoneix broke down when myself and some others wanted to try out AoC when it came out (age of conan) and as such the entire guild broke up, even with the GM's still being there.

What is your former raid experience (pre-TBC, TBC, WotLK)? Vanilla, all up to Naxx spider wing, TBC all up to Sunwell first boss, Wotlk all, and Cata all cept Cho'gall, Nef and throne of four winds, (cata being on our old horde chars, cept my wifes shadow priest which she faction/realm changed)

Why do you want to join Serenity? Serenity was the first guild to jump our at me on the realm forums, being raiders for so many years there is only some amount of time before the raiding bug gets you again, after reading the realm thread, looking at the website, i wanted to chat ingame first before making the app, the guild offers us much in what we look for, not just progression, but a mature atmosphere to enjoy the game, like minded people, raid times to suit us, not to late or early as we have a family to look after aswell. With enough experience from raiding over the years and playing various classes, we feel this would be a good fit for us and yourselves.

Do you have open applications to other guilds? Nope you are the first we have applied to on BB since our return, we are currently in a guild which is based around leveling, this was to aid the speed in which we leveled and gained rep etc.

Any member in Serenity that can vouch for you? I know of no one currently in the guild which can vouch for us, that may change in time :)

The important questions now. Please take a moment to think about those before you answer.

This is probably the most important question. We are a raiding guild, and even though we do not force anyone into raiding, we are expecting players that will join us to show interest in raiding at least 3-4 days each week. Are you interested in raiding several days a week regularly??? I wouldn't be applying to a raiding guild if I wasn't interested in raider, I know you can get many who apply, join and then hardly show up, that isn't us, we join, we show up, we raid if needed, simple.

We do not spend a lot of time on farmed content, but we do spend a lot of times on progression, which means a lot of wiping with often very little progress. This is how we kill hard bosses and push the content. Is that what you are interested in? You can't make a cake without breaking some eggs, and you can't kill the hard stuff without wiping many nights, hell I remember in TBC making my entire raiding team hit Vash and Ka'el for 2 weeks solid before getting them down, but what a feeling :) so of course we don't mind wiping, hopefully we learn from it and progress.

Can you play at our official raiding times which are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday from 9pm - 12 server time? Those times are perfect, not to late to give problems with getting up the next day for the school runs, and any day if the week isn't a problem.

Can you log on to the Serenity website to read what is happening and sign up on the raid calendar each week whether you can attend raids or not? The website/forums will become part of the game for me, I am often checking forums and websites daily for updates to the game or changes to classes anyway, tankspot, EJ, mmo champ etc, so ofc the guild will fall into that.

Do you intend to show up for raids prepared, PVE raid specced, repaired, enchanted, gemmed and with a proper set of buffs (food buffs and potions/flasks)? Why wouldn't I, lol seriously, thats part of raiding.

We are using a Zero-Sum DKP system, do you agree with this? (Yes ) YES ( ) NO I've used many systems, normal DKP, EPGP etc etc, anything which rewards the long term active player is ideal, I'm sure you guys have it all under control.

(yes ) I have read the Forum sticky: Intro to Serenity
(yes ) I have read the Forum sticky: Guild Rules and Goals

Re: Pally, Prot/Rtri or Hunter (whatever is needed)

Postby Mjöl » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:45 pm

Hey and thanks for a quite nice app. We already talked in game and it looks a good fit for both sides :)
Thanks to the Themark for my avatar ! (Breast and Arms on Pic not edited, only Hair photoshopped. Seriously.)
Mjöl
Site Admin

Return to Recruitment