TRIAL | Regath - Ret Paladin

Moderator: Officers

TRIAL | Regath - Ret Paladin

Postby Karmakaze » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:30 pm

(X) YES ( ) NO Note: by ticking YES, you agree to follow the guild charter.

In game name (including previous names if any):
On this account - Regath.
I previously raided with Serenity under the account names Karmakaze and Karmakrazy, but I gave it to a friend because I had no time to play wow

UK

Class and build:
Retribution Paladin with 5090 GearScore

Dual Spec:
Holy with 4400 GearScore

Alts:
N/A

Link to your Armory, CTProfiles, or RPGOutfitters page:
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... &cn=Regath

Former guilds (on Bronzebeard or on your current realm):
Cleanse - Social guild
Vini Vidi Civi - My current guild that I was told to join to get priority for a slot in ICC10 on friday

Why did you leave your former guilds?:
I left cleanse because it had turned into a ghost town, which isn't very good for a social guild. And I will only be in Vini Vidi Vici for reasons stated above.

What is your former raid experience (pre-TBC, TBC, WotLK)?
TBC: Sunwell Plateau 2/6 (experienced all content before that)

WotLK: All bosses in Naxx 10/25, Sartherion 10 (might have done hard mode I'm not so sure), EoE 10, VoA 10/25 all bosses, Ulduar 10 2/13, 1/5 ToC 25. Most of this was done in Pick up Groups which led to disaster most of the time.

Why do you want to join Serenity?
1. Because I was in Serenity for ~ a year in the past and would like to join again and be reaquainted with old friends.
2. I would like to experience content with a guild that raids at just the right time for me.
3. I like your core raid group and the way you deal with problems with humour etc.

Do you have open applications to other guilds?
No.

Any member in Serenity that can vouch for you?
No, however I spoke to Mjolnir a week or so ago and he said he was willing to give me a chance.

The important questions now. Please take a moment to think about those before you answer.

Are you interested in raiding several days a week regularly?
Definitely

We do not spend a lot of time on farmed content, but we do spend a lot of times on progression, which means a lot of wiping with often very little progress. This is how we kill hard bosses and push the content. Is that what you are interested in?
No guts no glory, yes.

Can you play at our official raiding times which are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday from 9pm - 12 server time?
Yes.

Can you log on to the Serenity website to read what is happening and sign up on the raid calendar each week whether you can attend raids or not?
Yes

Do you intend to show up for raids prepared, PVE raid specced, repaired, enchanted, gemmed and with a proper set of buffs (food buffs and potions/flasks)?
Yes, in main spec and off spec.

We are using a Zero-Sum DKP system, do you agree with this? (X) YES ( ) NO

(X) I have read the Forum sticky: Intro to Serenity
(X) I have read the Forum sticky: Guild Rules and Goals

I would also like to add that I'm aware I was a bit immature last time and while I can do nothing to change what I did in the past, I can assure you I'm sorry about it and have changed a lot since I was in the guild 2 years ago. If you have any problems feel free to /w me on Regath. Thanks for your time.

Frankie/Regath.
Karmakaze

Postby Daveangel » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:46 pm

I can't believe its 2 years. I hope you are welcomed back.
Daveangel

Postby Cogwhirl » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:00 pm

I approve of this person's avatar.

That is all.

Cog
If oranges are orange, why aren't bananas yellow?
"Rogues don't do buffs or other group things. If you want a hug ask the Paladin."
Cog's Armory link.
Cogwhirl

Postby Mjöl » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:31 pm

No, however I spoke to Mjolnir a week or so ago and he said he was willing to give me a chance.

Well was slightly different. We talked about partly dubious way you left the guild, and you ackknowledged it and didnt deny it, which i appreciated.

Anyway, thanks for the application, we will discuss it soon.
Thanks to the Themark for my avatar ! (Breast and Arms on Pic not edited, only Hair photoshopped. Seriously.)
Mjöl
Site Admin

Postby Karmakaze » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:36 pm

Mjöl wrote:

Well was slightly different. We talked about partly dubious way you left the guild, and you ackknowledged it and didnt deny it, which i appreciated.

Anyway, thanks for the application, we will discuss it soon.

I'm sure you told me you always give people second chances. But regardless, thanks for the reply.
Karmakaze

Postby Ronzoz » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:40 pm

I still remember you from my first day/night raiding in Serenity as...well lets say it frontally: "I didn't like you at all for a while", as you made me feel really bad that night as a player... After a short time, ppl get to know each other better and found that I was wrong....

Hope you can rejoin us mate! ;)

Not that is important, but I am a curious guy (just that), why did you leave serenity again? I really cant remember...

EDIT: ops, kinda bad timing for reply, this reply was meant to be before the 2 last ones :P
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” - Albert Einstein
Ronzoz

Postby Karmakaze » Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:22 pm

Ronzoz wrote:I still remember you from my first day/night raiding in Serenity as...well lets say it frontally: "I didn't like you at all for a while", as you made me feel really bad that night as a player... After a short time, ppl get to know each other better and found that I was wrong....

Hope you can rejoin us mate! ;)

Not that is important, but I am a curious guy (just that), why did you leave serenity again? I really cant remember...

EDIT: ops, kinda bad timing for reply, this reply was meant to be before the 2 last ones :P

I don't really remember that, but I'm sorry if I gave you that impression.

The reason I left was because my computer broke and I downgraded to an old one which couldn't handle WoW giving me like 5fps if that.. After being a flamed by a serenity member about it (won't mention names, I guess it at least made him happy) I quit wow. The problem here comes in that I left the Karma's in Serenity and later gave away my account. and I have no idea what happened at that point.
Karmakaze

Postby Mjöl » Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:26 pm

Yes, i did say that i like to give people second chances.

Anyway, thats rhetorical wordthrowing. What i meant by the reply is that a re-invite is possible, but we (the officers) have to discuss if another paly is fitting at this time.
Thanks to the Themark for my avatar ! (Breast and Arms on Pic not edited, only Hair photoshopped. Seriously.)
Mjöl
Site Admin

Postby Karmakaze » Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:41 pm

Mjöl wrote:Yes, i did say that i like to give people second chances.

Anyway, thats rhetorical wordthrowing. What i meant by the reply is that a re-invite is possible, but we (the officers) have to discuss if another paly is fitting at this time.

Ahh right, of course I fully accept that. I made that that comment purely in response to the question I was answering, in the sense that I have no one to vouch for me, but there was someone who I spoke to before applying for advice on it. I'm not expecting an instant invite in fact I think it's more than likely I will get declined but maybe that's a self confidence thing.
Karmakaze

Postby Mikah » Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:09 am

Hey Karma,

Nice to see you around again!

I am not quite sure what you are looking for in terms of raiding. Obviously your gear is really not up for ICC25 hard modes, which is basically all that we raid now. In fact, your gear looks more like what you would get a week after turning 80 (if that). So I am guessing you are looking more for a long term raid spot maybe in Cataclysm?

We are aiming at having a good class balance in the guild. So for a 25man raid, with 10 classes, that means 2.5 of each classes. We currently have 2 retri paladins, 2 holy paladins and 1 protection paladin with near 100% attendance, which means we already have twice as many paladins as we would aim to have.

What I am trying to say, is that whether I look in the short term or long term, I don't really see a place opening for another retribution paladin in raids unless we got several leaving. So while we could consider inviting you as a casual, you have to keep in mind that you would probably never be invited for raids, like ever...

I don't want to sound hard on you, but from what you wrote in your application, you are looking for a guild where you will be able to raid full time regularly.

I don't want to invite someone under the false impression that if you prove yourself good you would get a spot. You wouldn't.
Mikah

Postby Daveangel » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:38 am

It's weird that pallys are probably are most oversubscribed class. There never seem to be enough mages and DK's.
Daveangel

Postby Redbully » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:11 pm

Used to be locks and rogue's when i was around back in the day. Hunters where the most played but its been took over by paladins now, there is a nice wow webby that has loads of stats and such on it about most played classes.
Redbully

Postby Karmakaze » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:34 pm

Mikah wrote:Hey Karma,

Nice to see you around again!

I am not quite sure what you are looking for in terms of raiding. Obviously your gear is really not up for ICC25 hard modes, which is basically all that we raid now. In fact, your gear looks more like what you would get a week after turning 80 (if that). So I am guessing you are looking more for a long term raid spot maybe in Cataclysm?

We are aiming at having a good class balance in the guild. So for a 25man raid, with 10 classes, that means 2.5 of each classes. We currently have 2 retri paladins, 2 holy paladins and 1 protection paladin with near 100% attendance, which means we already have twice as many paladins as we would aim to have.

What I am trying to say, is that whether I look in the short term or long term, I don't really see a place opening for another retribution paladin in raids unless we got several leaving. So while we could consider inviting you as a casual, you have to keep in mind that you would probably never be invited for raids, like ever...

I don't want to sound hard on you, but from what you wrote in your application, you are looking for a guild where you will be able to raid full time regularly.

I don't want to invite someone under the false impression that if you prove yourself good you would get a spot. You wouldn't.

It's fine, I appreciate honesty. Would it be possible to be invited as casual and reroll a class that is actually needed? Would suck to start from scratch but as Dave said it is pretty much an inevitability. Even looking for pugs is a royal pain because it's palas everywhere, so if you told me some classes that are likely to be needed then I can see which one takes my fancy and take it from there.

In other words, I don't give up that easy :p hehe. Also in answer to your first question I am looking for long term in Cata but since I have only just got my computer at my new home and a fairly stable internet up and running I would like to catch up on some WotLK content as I have been doing for the last 2 or 3 weeks. But yes, I'm eager to adapt and mould myself to this guild definitely.

Oh and thanks for taking the time to reply :)
Karmakaze

Postby Redbully » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:47 pm

Good luck with the app, I see you are willing to provide a level of commitment and dedication that has to be worth something.
Redbully

Postby Mikah » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:53 pm

If I was to suggest a class we need, I'd say a DK. You can start at lvl55, you can tank (which helps with queues) and dps, it would help a lot of people in leveling up to have someone to tank in 5man instances and our only raiding DK is considering changing to druid in Cataclysm.

Mage and shaman are also somewhat needed if you fancy that.

But having said that, I still expect to see 35+ people interested in raiding come Cataclysm.

Raid spots are not awarded on willingness or performance much, but rather on dedication towards the guild in terms of sticking with us for the current content.

We are not rotating people in the raids, so you would be quite far on the backup list.

I am not trying to slam the door in your face, but I have seen so many times people joining us in the same sort of conditions, to then be later frustrated by never being drafted.

What I can tell you, is that unless there is some major changes in the future, I don't see you seeing much action in raids.

Same goes for catching up with the current content. I doubt we would invite you in your current gear/experience if we were short. We would just cancel the raid.
Mikah

Next

Return to Recruitment