CLOSED - Feldan - Death Knight DPS

Moderator: Officers

CLOSED - Feldan - Death Knight DPS

Postby Feldan » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:39 pm

SERENITY APPLICATION FORM

Instructions:

- Please check the list of classes we are recruiting at the Class/Recruitment Availability
- Copy and paste this form into a new thread in the Recruitment forums.
- Truthfully answer ALL of the questions in the application. Incomplete applications will be denied on sight!

Before you even bother, have you read our guild rules and goals? Does it corresponds to what you are looking for?

(X) YES ( ) NO Note: by ticking YES, you agree to follow the guild charter.

In game name (including previous names if any): Feldan

Class and build:
(This is the class and specc we expect you to be raiding with, and this is the specc we hope you wish to be playing with. No main-alt changing and no specc changing without approval from the GMs.)
Death Knight Blood DPS 51-0-20

Dual Spec: (Please state which 2nd spec you have with the new dual-spec system and comment your gear for it).
Frost tank 15-51-5
My tank gear is ok, but not really raid worthy. A few pieces of t9, plus some crafted pieces, but I still have a couple of blues.

Alts (please comment if you intend on bringing them in the guild and if not, why?):
I have a couple of Alliance alts I would bring into the guild, plus several horde alts.
Alliance alts are:
Krendar – Level 20 Paladin – Mainly used as a bank alt atm
Narlok – Level 60 Hunter – Not played since pre-TBC, but might resurrect him
Silnar – Level 7 Shaman – Just started levelling

On the horde side I have 3 level 80s (hunter, druid, and death knight), and several others of lower level. If you'd like details of these I'd be happy to provide.

Link to your Armory, CTProfiles, or RPGOutfitters page? (If you are not using your raiding specc because of PvP or whatever reason, please link the raiding specc you will be using):
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Bronzebeard&cn=Feldan

Former guilds (on Bronzebeard or on your current realm):
One previous guild on Feldan, although only for a short time while levelling, and I can't even remember the name...
All my horde characters are members of Last Stand, of which I am also the GM. Last Stand is essentially a casual guild, although it has sadly now more or less ceased to exist, due to a large number of the core members leaving to form their own guild due to lack of raiding.

Why did you leave your former guilds?:
Feldan was removed from his former guild after a short time because they decided they only wanted level 80s, and he was nowhere near at the time. He has been guildless ever since.

What is your former raid experience (pre-TBC, TBC, WotLK)?
I have no real experience of pre-TBC raids. I've been through some of them as a level 70 or 80, but that hardly counts as raiding. In TBC I also had very minimal experience, nothing beyond the first few bosses of Kara. In WotLK I've done a lot more, and have done quite of bit of 10 man raiding, covering OS, EoE, Naxx, most of Ulduar (although not all bosses), some ToC, and the first 6 bosses of ICC. In 25 man I've only done OS and a few bosses in Naxx.

Why do you want to join Serenity?
I primarily want to join Serenity as a social member, as my girlfriend (Gabbie) is a member. I've also had a chance to group with several other members, and it seems like a good group of people and a guild I would be proud to be a member of.

Do you have open applications to other guilds?
No.

Any member in Serenity that can vouch for you?
The only member of Serenity I know well is Gabbie, and I think she may be biased... :) As I've mentioned, I've grouped with several other Serenity members, but I don't think any of them know me well enough to vouch for me.

The important questions now. Please take a moment to think about those before you answer.

This is probably the most important question. We are a raiding guild, and even though we do not force anyone into raiding, we are expecting players that will join us to show interest in raiding at least 3-4 days each week. Are you interested in raiding several days a week regularly???
Although I'm hoping to join as a social member, I would be interested in raiding should the opportunity arise. I understand that as a social member I would be at the back of the queue, so to speak, and of course I accept that.

We do not spend a lot of time on farmed content, but we do spend a lot of times on progression, which means a lot of wiping with often very little progress. This is how we kill hard bosses and push the content. Is that what you are interested in?
I've not had a great deal of experience, but I find raid progression to be very rewarding, and I'm not phased by wiping.

Can you play at our official raiding times which are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday from 9pm - 1am server time?
I'm certainly able to play on Mondays, Thursdays, and Sundays, but Wednesdays would not always be possible due to real life commitments.

Can you log on to the Serenity website to read what is happening and sign up on the raid calendar each week whether you can attend raids or not?
Yes, not a problem.

Do you intend to show up for raids prepared, PVE raid specced, repaired, enchanted, gemmed and with a proper set of buffs (food buffs and potions/flasks)?
Yes, I feel it's in my own best interest to be as prepared as possible when it comes to raiding.

We are using a Zero-Sum DKP system, do you agree with this? (X) YES ( ) NO

(X) I have read the Forum sticky: Intro to Serenity
(X) I have read the Forum sticky: Guild Rules and Goals

I'm actually going to be away from a computer for a few days at a music festival, coming back on Monday. I'll respond to questions/comments, if any, as soon as I get back.
Feldan

Postby ellybelle » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:01 pm

Pete! I'm so disappointed you didn't say I know you!

I know Pete, and unlike most vouches, I've actually met him in real life!

Great guy, and I'm sure he'll be a great addition to the guild!

About damn time you decided to join us!
ellybelle

Postby Hugz » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:22 pm

Ya I've met Pete, nice bloke.

Guess we wasn't memorable enough for him...hehe

Blinded by Gabbie, me thinks.

Good luck the the app mate.

I hear were meeting up again soon. Looking forward to it.
Hugz

Postby Eryale » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:43 pm

Guess he can't remember me aswell.

I also think like Hugz that is Gabs her fault ^^

and gl with the apply
Eryale

Postby Sacs » Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:44 pm

Yey!
Go Go Go 4 Pete :P
Stabby stab stab spec with stabby stab sticks
Sacs

Postby Mikah » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:07 am

Hi Pete and thanks for showing an interest in joining us as a casual member.

While we have been quite open to invite close friends and family for social reasons, it is clear that we will only do so if there are no conflicts or problems.

So obviously, with the possible issues with inviting Pete, we decided that it would be best not to invite you.

I'm really sorry if this sounds harsh, and I hope everyone understands this decision.
Mikah

Postby Sacs » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:12 pm

:shock:
Stabby stab stab spec with stabby stab sticks
Sacs

Return to Recruitment