Postby Guest » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:52 pm

In game name (including previous names if any):
Hellvin

Netherlands

Class and build:
Mage, arcane.

Dual Spec:
Thinking about 2 arcane specs, one with IA and one without

Alts (please comment if you intend on bringing them in the guild and if not, why?):
A dk tank, not gonna bring it. Its on another server with IRL friends, casual / social players.

Link to your Armory, CTProfiles, or RPGOutfitters page?
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... cn=Hellvin

Former guilds (on Bronzebeard or on your current realm):
I've been in 2 guilds. 1 on endgame naxx / uld, and since 2 months in this endgame ICC guild.

Why did you leave your former guilds?:
Left the 1st one because i switched main to tank on server with some IRL friends. I'm going to leave my current guild because it's on the verge of disbanding. We did some very fast progression (u can check it out on progression topics on Eonar forums). But the most dedicated players dropped out cuz of bad choices being made by the officers. Overall atmosphere isn't very interesting also. And the raid times. Since i work 40 hours a week, some later times are much more well-fitted for me.

What is your former raid experience (pre-TBC, TBC, WotLK)?
pre-TBC i got stuck on pving on lvl 40ish. Did some gruul/maggy etc on TBC, started hardcore raiding on Naxx and Uld. ICC10 9/12, ICC25 8/12.
Update: 11/12 ICC10, 4/12 ICC10 HM

Why do you want to join Serenity?
Basicly its a combination of ur raiding schedule and progression. I don't know anyone in ur guild, but i want to take the chances and go transfer my character. It will also proof ill have the motivation and dedication to put my efforts into ur raiding.

Do you have open applications to other guilds?
No.

Any member in Serenity that can vouch for you?
No.

The important questions now. Please take a moment to think about those before you answer.

This is probably the most important question. We are a raiding guild, and even though we do not force anyone into raiding, we are expecting players that will join us to show interest in raiding at least 3-4 days each week. Are you interested in raiding several days a week regularly???
That's the reason im making this app ><

We do not spend a lot of time on farmed content, but we do spend a lot of times on progression, which means a lot of wiping with often very little progress. This is how we kill hard bosses and push the content. Is that what you are interested in?
Yes, i've been doing the same in the past.

Can you play at our official raiding times which are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday from 9pm - 1am server time?
Yes, 70% attendance on mondays tho.

Can you log on to the Serenity website to read what is happening and sign up on the raid calendar each week whether you can attend raids or not?
<3 forums etc. Kills time on easy hours at work :)

Do you intend to show up for raids prepared, PVE raid specced, repaired, enchanted, gemmed and with a proper set of buffs (food buffs and potions/flasks)?
Ofc.

There ya go, lemme know. peace.
Last edited by Guest on Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby hellvin » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:56 pm

wait, i've been in 3 guilds.

When i wanted to raid ICC i joined a real late night raiding guild (23:00 - 2:00). But they were only doing 10 mans and a real low progression.
Also the 4 hours sleep a night got the best of me so i decided to push things up and apply to destinisea. I gave my char almost a complete makeover to get in (lvling both professions, gems, talent changes, enchants, etc) and i could get in. Was very stoked about that but after these awesome but short 3 / 4 weeks, we downed 8/12 ICC, but they just lost their core players.

Also, im not a 'clicker.' Atm my avarage dps is around 8-9k (without any buff like blood queen bite etc) with a single FM cast. (only mage in current guild)
hellvin

Postby Paul » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:32 am

Thanks for applying,

We will get back to you asap........
Paul

Postby Mikah » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:44 am

Hi Hellvin,

I'm afraid we will turn down your application. We are looking for people that not only will show up to our raids, but also give their 100% into the guild they are applying into. That means also participating to some degree to offnight raids, heroics, and that sort of stuff. It also means we expect your character to be at it's best possible.

Looking at your mage's gear and achievements, I get the feeling this has been an alt you have casually been playing with. You still got lots of ToC gear, and you still don't have the 4 T10 pieces. That means you didn't show much dedication into your mage by running the daily heroics/weekly raid, and getting as many badges as you could. This is further confirmed by your own comments:

Hellvin wrote:Why did you leave your former guilds?:
Left the 1st one because i switched main to tank on server with some IRL friends.

What worries me, is that you will probably still play quite a bit on your deathknight, since your RL friends on there on the other server. If I were in your situation, I'd certainly play with my friends.

Hellvin wrote:Alts (please comment if you intend on bringing them in the guild and if not, why?):
A dk tank, not gonna bring it. Its on another server with IRL friends, casual / social players.

So overall, what we see is someone who will participate to some raids, and will also play his "main" on another server whenever possible. For all we know, you'll be playing 2 guilds and raiding with 2.

We are interested in players that are going to be dedicated, and we don't think it will be your case. Since we already have a few mages that are raiding, we can afford to wait.

Thanks for the application though, and I hope you find something suitable.
Mikah

Postby Hellvin » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:28 pm

A brief extra reply from my side to clear some things up:
Mikah wrote:You still got lots of ToC gear,

I've been extremely unlucky on neck and ring drops.

Mikah wrote:and you still don't have the 4 T10 pieces. That means you didn't show much dedication into your mage by running the daily heroics/weekly raid, and getting as many badges as you could.

Here I have to say, you're right, i missed some dailies allright. But I want to explain this: Since i'm making full shifts at work, my only game-time is when my guild was raiding. There was no time to do a random hc each day. BUT, because ur raiding times are a bit later, this problem would be solved, i could do the random before raids.

Mikah wrote:So overall, what we see is someone who will participate to some raids, and will also play his "main" on another server whenever possible. For all we know, you'll be playing 2 guilds and raiding with 2.

I can understand your perspective. But the reason I told u I had an alt tank is to let you know ive been in fights in different roles. Wich helps one in understanding all the fight mechanics ALOT. I've put it in the app to proof just that.

I'm basicly only playing it during weekends. And only if my friends are also playing, wich is not alot. That's also why it's an ALT and definatly not a MAIN. My IRL friends aren't on the same level of skill and they're never going to be (read: social / casual). Also, i wouldnt have come up with switching realm. I've done plnety of research and effort in finding a well suited guild, wich I think this guild is, seeing ur avarage age, raid schedule and history.

So in my opinion, u have made one point, that of the lack of 4pt10, and i have told my argument against that.

I hope I have proven my point(s). I'm definatly up for offday raids (icc10 / hm / boosting / uld hm, whatever!). Also because 10 mans are better suited for getting to know ppl. 25 mans aren't rly good for socializing, I understand that.

What I'm offering u is a dedicated, mature player who knows his class (and other classes as well). Who understands fights even before I have made any attempts (read: sindra down in 2nd try). I'm always updated with updates, fight mechanics, class changes, rotations, etc). Yes I'm reading important forums.

I hope you guys will reconsider.
Hellvin

Postby Mikah » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:56 pm

hi Hellvin,

Thanks for clearing that up.

We'll have a chat and get back to you.
Mikah

Postby Hellvin » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:35 pm

Okay, thanks Micah :) hope to hear from u soon.
Hellvin

Postby Asyncritus » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:39 pm

Were you on Eonar during TBC? I was just wondering if you might have been around when I was there? Mind saying abit about which guilds you where with back then?

Do you know Peaches/Billshot/Inspiration and that lot?! Think they are all part of the dutch guild scene on Eonar.
There are no stupid people, just those who are unlucky when they think.

"Never argue with an idiot... They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience" - Mark Twain
Asyncritus

Postby hellvin » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:44 pm

Well i was playing some hardcore Lineage2 with some ppl from Holland. We switched to WoW and i transferred my vanilla mage to Eonar. On Eonar we merged with the dutch guild Might. This was on the end of TBC, after wotlk i left Eonar quite a while.. So i've been there very briefly and dont remember any names tbh. Tho peaches and inspiration ring a (little) bell :)
hellvin

Postby hellvin » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:47 pm

status update pls :?:
hellvin

Postby Tusvor » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:59 pm

hellvin wrote:status update pls :?:

Patience young padawan.....patience :)
Tusvor

Postby Tusvor » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:25 pm

We would like to offer u a trial, so u can start transfer immidiately, and then whisper an officer online for an invite.
Tusvor

Postby hellvin » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:31 am

Hi again,

Sorry for my late reaction but i've been in doubt a while on what side to go. I choose to stay in my current guild, stuff is going better then expected and we're picking up again.

So i'd like to cancel my application. Sorry to have been a waste of ur time!
hellvin

Return to Recruitment