DENIED - Dingis

Moderator: Officers

DENIED - Dingis

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:50 am

(X) YES ( ) NO Note: by ticking YES, you agree to follow the guild charter.

In game name (including previous names if any): Dingis

Class and build: Currently the generic unholy sub blood 2h dps /w reaping build, however when 3.3.3 is released I will be moving to an unholy sub frost build (however this wont be going down far enough to get improved talons.). Given how effective unholy is at the moment (and I feel this will be increased come the patch) I have no intention of respeccing at any point so the below statement is a none issue.
(http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deathkn ... F3eO,11599 this is the spec I intend to change to as long as thee is no more tweaking).
(This is the class and specc we expect you to be raiding with, and this is the specc we hope you wish to be playing with. No main-alt changing and no specc changing without approval from the GMs.)

Dual Spec: (Please state which 2nd spec you have with the new dual-spec system and comment your gear for it). I am currently tanking as blood though I have conscidered (and I do have the weapons for it) going frost dw, however given that a majority of my my tanking in icc thus far has generally been located in casual 10 man raids I saw little point in respeccing, though I would be more than willing to do so if it were needed.

Alts (please comment if you intend on bringing them in the guild and if not, why?): I have a level 80 alt shaman who I have done some very casual pugs with but it has mainly be geared in heroics. I also have a level 74 rogue with which I did all of my tbc and vanilla raiding with. However even though I do enjoy healing andhow much I did enjoy my rogue, I have no intention of focusing on either of them over my dk, they are simply alts. As to whether I would bring them to the guild, I don't see how it would make any difference, though I would be more than happy to spend a bit more time on the shammie if it would be needed for say 10 man alt runs.

Link to your Armory, CTProfiles, or RPGOutfitters page? (If you are not using your raiding specc because of PvP or whatever reason, please link the raiding specc you will be using): http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... &cn=Dingis. If you wish to see my tanking gear then just let me know and I will log out in it.

Former guilds (on Bronzebeard or on your current realm): The Banished, SoL, Entropy, Divined and now my current guild Think fast.

Why did you leave your former guilds?: The Banished was my first raiding guild in Wotlk and it disbanded as a result of a heavy reliance on the GM i.e. if he wasn't at a raid then it would likely be that we wouldn't go. In the end the core of the guild including the gm, some officers and some key raiders (including myself, though I still tried to focus on riaiding in wow) however in the end we were no longer able to get raids going and the guild disbanded.

Mid way through my time in the banished a close real life friend of mine convinced me to join him in SoL, however after a very brief period I realised it wasn't for me and I rejoined the banished.

After the banished disbanded I got a trial spot in entropy, however due to some real life problems I was unable to be online for an entended period of time and when I finally did manage to get online I found that I had been booted from the guild.

I then joined a number of my old banished friends in divined, with whom I did all of my toc and my initial icc raiding with. I later left divined with this close group of friends and merged with the then 10 man guild Think Fast. Think Fast started off incredibly well and we got right to where we left it in divined raid progress wise, however from this ideal start people started to stop turning up for raids and over the past 3 weeks we have not done a single proper raid and the guild has now all but disbanded. Hence me looking for a new guild :)

What is your former raid experience (pre-TBC, TBC, WotLK)? In tbc I cleared MC, BWL, ZG, AQ20, AQ40 up to twins and inscructor in naxx40. All of this raiding was done on my rogue on the runetotem server.

My raiding in tbc died down a bit and I only managed to clear kara and gruuls and i stepped into TK.

In wotlk my raiding has picked up again and I cleared naxx 10/25, maly 10/25, sart 2d on both 10 and 25. Cleared up to yogg in both 10 and 25 and also did a few hard modes in 10 man, which were: thorim, xt, hodir and iron council. I got a tribute to mad skill in 10 man toc, and cleared up to twins in 25 heroic. And so far in icc I have cleared up to sindragosa in 10 man and downed rot, fester and princes in 25.

Why do you want to join Serenity? I want to join serenity as you are a guild which is raiding at the content where I want to be. I dont want to be clearing the easy stuff, patting myself on the back and calling it a night. I want to see te true challenging content of this expansion, but that is only short term. long term I want to be in a well established stable guild which is ready for the initial content (and the rest) of cataclysm.

Do you have open applications to other guilds? Nope, I did have 1 with chimera but I was declined.

Any member in Serenity that can vouch for you? Not as far as I know.

The important questions now. Please take a moment to think about those before you answer.

This is probably the most important question. We are a raiding guild, and even though we do not force anyone into raiding, we are expecting players that will join us to show interest in raiding at least 3-4 days each week. Are you interested in raiding several days a week regularly??? Yes definitely I can pretty much guarantee being at 4/4 every week.

We do not spend a lot of time on farmed content, but we do spend a lot of times on progression, which means a lot of wiping with often very little progress. This is how we kill hard bosses and push the content. Is that what you are interested in? As I said above yes this is exactly what i am looking for.

Can you play at our official raiding times which are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday from 9pm - 1am server time? yes not a problem at all.

Can you log on to the Serenity website to read what is happening and sign up on the raid calendar each week whether you can attend raids or not? Yes I can do this.

Do you intend to show up for raids prepared, PVE raid specced, repaired, enchanted, gemmed and with a proper set of buffs (food buffs and potions/flasks)? Of course, I want this game to be a challenge but at the same time I dont want it to be a chore.

We are using a Zero-Sum DKP system, do you agree with this? (x) YES ( ) NO

(x) I have read the Forum sticky: Intro to Serenity
(x) I have read the Forum sticky: Guild Rules and Goals

Postby Mikah » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:08 am

Hi Dingis,

Thanks for taking the time to fill the application.

Everything looks good. I'm not too familiar with endgame unholy DKs, but overall, it looks like enchants/gems are all taken of (although I thought the 21 agility meta was better due to the easier requirement?).

Gear is good too for the level we are at. Experience, you are only lacking the end bosses of the 3 ICC wings, so that's fine.

The only few questions I have, is that you seemed to have followed your closed friends in different guilds whenever you could. Obviously we do not have much opening here right now for them all. So what would happen with your friends? Would you have them try to join us, or are you going to consider going back with them at some point?

You also mentionned that you have been going AFK for some time. Would you care to elaborate about your long term plan? No need to be too personal here. I would just like to know if you foresee big changes in your availabilities.

Also, you mentionned you raided mostly with your rogue in vanilla and TBC, what was the name?
Mikah

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:30 pm

Hi there thanks very much for the quick response.

The agility meta is superior for both frost and blood dk's because of the easier activation. However the crit rating also scales with spells and other abilities and not just melee strikes. Obviously this was more noticeable with 4pc t9, but as far as I am aware the case is still the same.

A lot of my friends have become much more casual with their playing, and those that haven't have all gone on to a multitude of different guilds so following them would be almost impossible. I would like to play with them however, and if I see that the guild needed any specific classes, i certainly wont hesitate to tell them to apply :)

The afk situation only came about as a result of my moving out of my mums house, and then her moving to a different part of the country and my dad moving to a different country all together. So I had a bit of adjusting to do and it took a while to sort out.

Short term changes I can't see there being. Long term I am hoping to join the navy, but my application process could take longer than 6 months, and the waiting period is longer than that. (thats if I even get in) so no, no changes short term.

Rogue's name was Vorador, thought I mentioned in my app that i played on emerald dream in bc but guess i didn't.

I think that is everything :)

Ding

Postby Paul » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:49 am

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, we hope to sort this out tonight :)
Paul

Postby Paul » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:18 am

Thanks for applying to Serenity but after discussing your application we have decided we do not have a spot for you in the guild.

Good luck in your hunt for a new home.
Paul

Return to Recruitment