DENIED - Paladin - Stormkage

Moderator: Officers

DENIED - Paladin - Stormkage

Postby Stormkage » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:14 am

(X) YES ( ) NO Note: by ticking YES, you agree to follow the guild charter.

In game name (including previous names if any): Stormkage

Class and build:
(This is the class and specc we expect you to be raiding with, and this is the specc we hope you wish to be playing with. No main-alt changing and no specc changing without approval from the GMs.)

Retribution Paladin
Dual Spec: (Please state which 2nd spec you have with the new dual-spec system and comment your gear for it).

Holy, however my gear is horrible as I just changed my second spec from Prot
Alts (please comment if you intend on bringing them in the guild and if not, why?):

Burnout(Mage) Yes, If I get accepted I would love to get him invited :p
Link to your Armory, CTProfiles, or RPGOutfitters page? (If you are not using your raiding specc because of PvP or whatever reason, please link the raiding specc you will be using):
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... StormkageM (Please note: I'm planing on getting [Ring of Rotting Sinew] once it pops up on AH)

Former guilds (on Bronzebeard or on your current realm):

Absolution
Affinity
Why did you leave your former guilds?:

Absolution - I was in Absolution as a Recruitment Officer, and unfortunately the guild fell apart because the Guild Master took all the gold from the guild bank and abandoned the guild with a few of our best members. After which they all changed the realm and faction :(
Affinity - I didn't really agree with the way the Guild Master treated the members to say the least. So me and an another member (Currently in SoL) left the guild.
What is your former raid experience (pre-TBC, TBC, WotLK)?

I cleared all the Wotlk content except ICC and ToC heroics. (Some of the content on my Mage(Burnout)
Why do you want to join Serenity?
I heard nothing but good about it from your members, and would love to be part of your team.

Do you have open applications to other guilds?
Nope

Any member in Serenity that can vouch for you?
I know a few of your members but I don't think anyone can actually vouch for me.

The important questions now. Please take a moment to think about those before you answer.

This is probably the most important question. We are a raiding guild, and even though we do not force anyone into raiding, we are expecting players that will join us to show interest in raiding at least 3-4 days each week. Are you interested in raiding several days a week regularly??? Yes 4/4 (7/7 really ;p) suits me fine

We do not spend a lot of time on farmed content, but we do spend a lot of times on progression, which means a lot of wiping with often very little progress. This is how we kill hard bosses and push the content. Is that what you are interested in? That is exactly what I am interested in. (I never liked giving up on a boss just after a few tries to go and do the content already cleared)

Can you play at our official raiding times which are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday from 9pm - 1am server time?

Not a problem, in fact perfect ;p

Can you log on to the Serenity website to read what is happening and sign up on the raid calendar each week whether you can attend raids or not?
Sure :)

Do you intend to show up for raids prepared, PVE raid specced, repaired, enchanted, gemmed and with a proper set of buffs (food buffs and potions/flasks)?

Of course

We are using a Zero-Sum DKP system, do you agree with this? (X) YES ( ) NO
Stormkage

Postby Kurrelgyre » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:17 am

Hi Stormkage.
Thanks for the application - I will let the officers comment on how we are for space at the moment.

Couple of comments on the gear from a fellow Retri :
You have the 'Might' ashen verdict ring. Strange I know, but the agility one ('Vengeance') is better for retri. Probably because it wastes fewer points on stamina. Have a look at http://elitistjerks.com/f76/t84213-retribution_bis_lists_3_3_a/
In a yellow socket with a STR bonus of +4 or greater you are slightly better off using an Inscribed Ametrine (+10 STR +10CRit) gem rather than a Bold Cardinal.
Would probably be better off with the Glyph of Seal of Vengeance rather than holy wrath to get expertise capped.
Rawr is really good at optimising these things. Give it a try if you don't use it already.

Good luck with the application.
Kurrelgyre

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:52 am

Thanks for the tips, I did replace the gems (I could'v swore I did use +Str+Crit gems on yellow sockets already ... Have no idea what happen there...but thanks for pointing it out)
Also I did get my new ring and trinket today from the AH finally :) As for the ring I don't think i'm going to be changing that just yet, but will see by tomorow... I never heared of that before but i'll snoop around. Thanks for the help and the reply Kurrelgyer :)

Postby Mikah » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:35 pm

Hi Stormkage.

Thanks for taking the time to fill an application and for the interest in our guild.

We currently have 2 ret paladins, 2 holy paladins and 1 prot paladin regularly raiding, and 3 more on standby itching to get a spot.

So I'm afraid we would not be able to offer you any raid spot. We have also no interest in building up a casual/social side in the guild, so we will have to decline your offer.

If you see an opening in the future, feel free to apply!

Good luck finding a suitable guild!
Mikah

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:46 pm

Shame :( But thanks for the time Mikah ;p Good luck with Hard Modes!

Return to Recruitment