DENIED | Rel?nquish - MM Hunter

Moderator: Officers

DENIED | Relínquish - MM Hunter

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:47 pm

In game name (including previous names if any):
Relínquish

Class and build:
(This is the class and specc we expect you to be raiding with, and this is the specc we hope you wish to be playing with. No main-alt changing and no specc changing without approval from the GMs.)
Marksmanship :)

Dual Spec: (Please state which 2nd spec you have with the new dual-spec system and comment your gear for it).
Currently havent got duel spec on my Hunter, I don't even know why I've not bothered to get it. My 80 prot paladin has duel spec. I'll probably be getting Duel Spec tonight on my Hunter, which I will be making Survival.

Alts (please comment if you intend on bringing them in the guild and if not, why?):
Level 80 Prot Paladin - Genetica. Yes I will be bringing this to the guild for backup tanking :)
Level 66 Resto/Boomkin Druid - Paranormal. Will also be bringing this to the guild as I intend to get this toon to 80 soon and begin gearing it out!

Link to your Armory, CTProfiles, or RPGOutfitters page? (If you are not using your raiding specc because of PvP or whatever reason, please link the raiding specc you will be using):
Hunter: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... 3%ADnquish

Paladin: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... n=Genetica

Former guilds (on Bronzebeard or on your current realm):
Greater Silence (previous)
Parthenon Knights (current)

Why did you leave your former guilds?:
I left Greater Silence because of a total lack of discipline, organization and ability within raids. I then joined Parthenon Knights which I originally thought was a great guild, however, in the past few weeks the guild has gone completely down the pan and the atmosphere has became terrible. A lot of people have left, leaving us a total failure in raids.

What is your former raid experience (pre-TBC, TBC, WotLK)?
I have plenty of pre-tbc raid experience, included with current raids, however with the failure of my guild at the moment, I have not managed to get to the end bosses of ICC. I feel that I am more than capable to be part of a guild that can fight these bosses with confidence, I have experience, despite only being 18, a willing to learn, adapt and listen. I have currently done the following: Naxx 10/25 cleared, EoE 10/25 Toc 10/25 cleared, Sarth 10/25 cleared, Ony 10/25 cleared, "Storming the Citadel!" Achievement 10/25 cleared.

Why do you want to join Serenity?
I would like to join Serenity because I have heard a lot of good things about the guild, and notice that you are a successful and confident raiding guild, and this is exactly what I am looking for. Due to previous failures as mentioned earlier, my current guild has not managed to get to the latter bosses of ICC, and being honest, this is my main goal.

Do you have open applications to other guilds?
I have applied to a few other guilds to keep some options open, however I have to think about realistic decisions and Serenity seem to be a well fitted guild to how I play.

Any member in Serenity that can vouch for you?
No sadly not :( But if anyone wants to talk to me or have a trial raid with me anymore, I'm more than welcome to come! :)

This is probably the most important question. We are a raiding guild, and even though we do not force anyone into raiding, we are expecting players that will join us to show interest in raiding at least 3-4 days each week. Are you interested in raiding several days a week regularly???
Yes, this is my main goal, I love raiding, especially when it is successful raiding. I am available practically every day of the week to raid.

We do not spend a lot of time on farmed content, but we do spend a lot of times on progression, which means a lot of wiping with often very little progress. This is how we kill hard bosses and push the content. Is that what you are interested in?
Yes, I know a guild such as yourselves will grind out the progression, whereas my current guild will grind and grind.. and end up failing on previously downed bosses, which is not what I'm looking for.

Can you play at our official raiding times which are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday from 9pm - 1am server time?
Yes they are fine for me, and will always stay on longer or come on earlier if required to :)

Can you log on to the Serenity website to read what is happening and sign up on the raid calendar each week whether you can attend raids or not?
Yes I will check the website every day and always sign up for raids I am available for, which will 99% of the time be all raids!

Do you intend to show up for raids prepared, PVE raid specced, repaired, enchanted, gemmed and with a proper set of buffs (food buffs and potions/flasks)?
Yes, I always turn up to raids with the correct gear, food, flasks etc and have never done anything different.

We are using a Zero-Sum DKP system, do you agree with this? (X) YES ( ) NO

If anybody needs or wants to speak to me I will be available at around 5:45pm server time and will answer any questions thrown my way! :)

Postby Mikah » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:14 pm

Thanks for your application.

You seem to be looking for a regular raid spot, which I am afraid we are not able to offer to a hunter at this point.

We sometimes would consider exceptional applications. However, I am afraid it is not your case:

You mentionned you have plenty of experience raiding in TBC, yet neither your hunter nor your alts have any achievements or reputation there? Also, your paladin seems to have been your main for a while and you switched to your hunter only recently (1600 achievement points!?) and no comments about that.

You have no professions. Those are good dps increase, and I would certainly expect any applicant to have at least enough to use the profession special items (400+).

You are also quite behind gear wise for our current progress. Your gear is more or less T9 and heroics level with a blue trinket. You don't have any T10 or equivalent gear. Have you even been doing your daily heroics or the weekly raid?

I would at least expect you to have a few of the badge gear at this point, and to have worked to replace your low level items.
Mikah

Postby Relínquish » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:21 pm

I failed to mention in the application that I cannot expect a permanent raid spot straight away, I will obviously wait for raids, this I don't have a problem with.
For the past few weeks I have been really swamped with college work and havent exactly had the time to be doing the dailies and raid quest. Although I'm not making any excuses for not having any badge gear.

As for professions, I didn't level any with my hunter as I leveled that toon with my friend as I recruited him to WoW and leveled with him quickly. I will happily power level any profession you'd like/advise me to have, that is not a problem as I do have mining (which can be maxed quickly) and full herbalism on my paladin to create gold.

Reputation hasn't ever took my fancy and I've never really wanted to build a reputation unless I've needed to.
And these two characters have been mix match leveled, but then concentrated on when dinged to 80.
I have had multiple characters/classes pre-tbc, hence the raiding experience.

I'd be willing to prove to you to my experience and ability with any random raid if its required, that is not a problem.

As I mentioned earlier however I have been swamped with alot of work lately, and I am currently working with a RL client for CGI work, which is why I've not had chance for dailies etc.
But I will start my dailies again this week and will get the raid weekly done asap.

If gear is a major problem for you, I will happily strive to get fully geared out as quickly as possible, that again is not a problem for me.

Thank you for the advice though my friend :)
Relínquish

Postby Mikah » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:04 pm

We are willing to look again in your application.

Any chance you could whisper me if you read this? Otherwise, I'll try to catch you in-game.
Mikah

Postby Tusvor » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:30 pm

After discussing your application we decided to deny u, gl in finding a new home.
Tusvor

Return to Recruitment