TRIAL | Unholy 2h DPS Deathknight. [Dekaino]

Moderator: Officers

TRIAL | Unholy 2h DPS Deathknight. [Dekaino]

Postby Dekaino » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:46 am

SERENITY APPLICATION FORM

Instructions:

- Please check the list of classes we are recruiting at the Class/Recruitment Availability
- Copy and paste this form into a new thread in the Recruitment forums.
- Truthfully answer ALL of the questions in the application. Incomplete applications will be denied on sight!

Before you even bother, have you read our guild rules and goals? Does it corresponds to what you are looking for?

( X) YES ( ) NO Note: by ticking YES, you agree to follow the guild charter.

In game name (including previous names if any):

Dekaino

Class and build:
(This is the class and specc we expect you to be raiding with, and this is the specc we hope you wish to be playing with. No main-alt changing and no specc changing without approval from the GMs.)
2hand Unholy Death knight

Dual Spec: (Please state which 2nd spec you have with the new dual-spec system and comment your gear for it). Duel Wield Frost Tank – but im a little ashamed to say I’m not going to impress you this way with gear.

Alts (please comment if you intend on bringing them in the guild and if not, why?):
Duraino pally tank and his off spec is Ret ....i just use him mainly for PVP bgs and 10 man raids...to help people when missing a tank.

Link to your Armory, CTProfiles, or RPGOutfitters page? (If you are not using your raiding specc because of PvP or whatever reason, please link the raiding specc you will be using):
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... &gn=Corvus

Former guilds (on Bronzebeard or on your current realm):
5year span I’ve been in
Demonblade – disband
Nemesiz - Left
Corvus – Current

Why did you leave your former guilds?:

I left Nemesiz because sadly the people were young and puberty had not set in yet.

What is your former raid experience (pre-TBC, TBC, WotLK)?

Well on my Deathnight ive done allot of WOTLK content that I could possibly do with the guild I’m in.
On my Pally who was my main back in the day, i pretty much have had experience in all the old raids ,to name all of them would be foolish but i took my pally all the way up to TBC and got up to second to last boss in sunwell pre-nerf. I was a pally tank in those days and was pretty decent.
I’m a very experienced Raider / Raid leader although I prefer not to raid lead anymore as i found my patience for stupidity has grown very short over they years.

Why do you want to join Serenity?

Honesty is what ill give you:
The short answer is my wife and I want a change cause 5 years on same realm has brought with it 5 years of blood sweat and drama. There is allot of great people i have met but i long to be part of a much more dedicated raiding mindset and one where I’m not an officer and stress is no longer part of my day to day life.
This is a 2 part application as my wife is making one also please have some understanding that although I don’t mind raiding without her on nights (this will never be a problem) but if either one is not chosen ...i Have to refuse the guild invite. (Out of compassion)
To not be in the same guild with her ..when 5 years we never left each other sides in any guild would just be painful.
Besides this she pulls her own wait just as much and is the best healer i know and can back it up. My word to you. – Her App will follow mine.

Do you have open applications to other guilds?
I applied to Divine Legacy about 2 weeks ago and no response i gather it’s fair to say they not interested. Hope that is not disrespectful in any way but i gave them enough lead time I feel.

Any member in Serenity that can vouch for you?
Sadly not im taking a chance on you as much as you are on me.

The important questions now. Please take a moment to think about those before you answer.

This is probably the most important question. We are a raiding guild, and even though we do not force anyone into raiding, we are expecting players that will join us to show interest in raiding at least 3-4 days each week. Are you interested in raiding several days a week regularly???
Yes .. there is no alternative for me

We do not spend a lot of time on farmed content, but we do spend a lot of times on progression, which means a lot of wiping with often very little progress. This is how we kill hard bosses and push the content. Is that what you are interested in?

Can you play at our official raiding times which are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday from 9pm - 1am server time?
Wish it started a little earlier as I’m used to 7pm start time but it makes no difference to me as the end time is the same.

Can you log on to the Serenity website to read what is happening and sign up on the raid calendar each week whether you can attend raids or not?
All the time.

Do you intend to show up for raids prepared, PVE raid specced, repaired, enchanted, gemmed and with a proper set of buffs (food buffs and potions/flasks)?
I’m no slacker this won’t ever be a problem

We are using a Zero-Sum DKP system, do you agree with this? (x ) YES ( ) NO

(x ) I have read the Forum sticky: Intro to Serenity
(x ) I have read the Forum sticky: Guild Rules and Goals
Dekaino

Postby Mikah » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:07 pm

Hi, and thanks for your interest in our guild.

Just to let you know. We currently are running 1 team of ICC25, and 3 teams of ICC10 each week.

As of now, we are probably in need of a tank and a healer to complete the 3rd ICC10 team. A dps could also potentially fit as well, if that means you also bring a healer.

However, spots in ICC25 are very sought after and are overbooked, and you would most likely see very little action there in the short term. Particularly the Wednesday farm night is always very popular.

We also do not rotate players for the 25man spots. Current regular raiders have earned their spot, and have priority over those spots. We will also not push aside current raiders that have been with us for a long time even if you outperform them. So it is not a matter of showing your worth, but it would be more about waiting for spots to open.

It is impossible to predict if and when spots would open up in 25man in the short term.

Just wanted to make you aware of the situation and what we have to offer you.
Mikah

Postby Guest » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:23 pm

Hi

My wife is a healer and I’m not saying it to try sugar coat it ..But she is the best healer in our current guild.

She is done with her app.

As for your last comments yeah i totally understand the circumstance i will be handed, but you’ll see in no time I’m a team player and worth my salt hopefully work my way into raiding full time.

no one carry’s me.

Postby Mjöl » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:55 pm

The question there is for you (and also your wife) are you willing and ok that there will be for the next future not really be 25 raidslots ? Looking at the 10mans, the situation there looks a bit better for new guildmembers, even more so in the tank and healing section, but its also there quite crowded

However, there are more times lately open slots on weekends where 10mans want to continue and cant because of not all players are able to come online to continue.

Also, with now being the time that most of our raiders will have fnished their badge collecting (repfarming already done since some weeks) and arthas is now accessible, its like Mikah said hard to predict how it will look in next time. There is also a possibility the raidsignups will go down quite a bit once the Lichking encounter is mastered.
Thanks to the Themark for my avatar ! (Breast and Arms on Pic not edited, only Hair photoshopped. Seriously.)
Mjöl
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:03 pm

ill admit that i im reluctant to answer this without being 2 sided ive worked hard for the progress i currently got and the gear i got ...would be sad to not get it dirty in 25 man at this point when i worked for a whole year to get this far.

if you guys feel you can’t fit me in i understand completely but i must admit i would like a taste of 25 mans as i have worked hard to get what i got and I’m a rather raiding junky as is my wife

so yeah it is worrying me a little im not sure a answer is available that would somehow ease your minds?

if you need time take it ... this is a tough decision for me and my wife . as it is for you I’m sure

Keeping people happy is never easy

i do apologize for the unhelpful answer.

let me think on it. ...at work currently.

and my poor wife is ill at home :)

Postby Mikah » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:17 pm

It's a good idea to think it through. We certainly don't want to waste your money for nothing, and we don't want to promise you things just to get you in, and then not deliver.

Finding members is the same as finding a guild. It has to fit for both.

Anonymous wrote:but you’ll see in no time I’m a team player and worth my salt hopefully work my way into raiding full time.

Just again to clarify our position on this. No matter how good you end up being, we give our raid spots according to those that have earned it. If those people are still around and signing up, they will be drafted ahead of you no matter what.

You don't work your way into raiding full time. It's when spots open up that you would get in.

That being said, we also closely try to monitor the situation on signups, and we do end up giving priority for farm nights to those actually signing up and showing up on the other nights as well. People that tends to be signing up and coming online on all of our 4 nights, and perform well, tend to jump over those that do not. But it's not something that happens in a week or 2.
Mikah

Postby Sacs » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:24 pm

I like the sound of these guys :D

But.......... more WoW couples! :shock:
If we get anymore couples, I'm gonna feel left out
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry - Umfufu & Mirna, Hugz & Elly, Cog & Otta, Laraht & Vaillant, Cloudy & Flossy
:P
Stabby stab stab spec with stabby stab sticks
Sacs

Postby Mjöl » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:35 pm

well, the funny thing is, your comment could be as well from us. that you talke your time and decide, not us.

we showed the current situation quite clear, thats how it is.

Now its up to you guys to decide for yourselfs if you would agree to try this choice, or if it is a too unstable and vague future for your likes.
Thanks to the Themark for my avatar ! (Breast and Arms on Pic not edited, only Hair photoshopped. Seriously.)
Mjöl
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:59 pm

i appreciate your understanding

ill chat to my wife tonight :)

i understand your words very clearly.

cheers mate.

Postby Guest » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:16 pm

Hi Spoken to my wife thanks for having patience on this
we apologize for any waste of time but sadly we will withdraw our application as we not sure we could be of any use to you or enjoy ourself s with out the feeling of 25 man raids that we so lust after :)

but if i must say anything you guys look like a fine bunch and its more my loss than yours im sure

thanks all :)

Postby Mjöl » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:29 pm

Thats a pity. I had a good feeling with you two, and as said its not so unlikely changes in the raidspots are happening over the next time. But that cant be guaranteed of course.
Mjöl
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:36 pm

you know i been thinking your kind words made me regret my last action
would you be so kind to reconsider?

the rest will come naturally im not a greedy man at al my wife is (kidding - only on the wallet) ..and judging by your size there is allot of hungry raiders in your guild ...so what give me the right to jump to the front line

im willing to test the waters.

if your guild wants me :)

keep well

Postby Mjöl » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:32 am

I think Mikah wanted to reply here, however, since he hasnt yet i do.

Great that you changed your opinon, i would suggest that you make a lvl1 char on bb and either contact Mikah or me for a bit chatting.
Mjöl
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:30 am

Thank you - and will do tonight.

Dekaino & Siaynx

Postby Mjöl » Thu May 27, 2010 5:44 pm

Invited now after some time /cough :)
Mjöl
Site Admin

Next

Return to Recruitment