CLOSED | Ulr

Moderator: Officers

CLOSED | Ulrán

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:04 pm

(X ) YES ( ) NO Note: by ticking YES, you agree to follow the guild charter.

In game name (including previous names if any): Ulrán was Ulran

Age: 266 days (i assume you mean my character, otherwise I'm 31)

Class and build: Paladin Holy
(This is the class and specc we expect you to be raiding with, and this is the specc we hope you wish to be playing with. No main-alt changing and no specc changing without approval from the GMs.)

Dual Spec: (Please state which 2nd spec you have with the new dual-spec system and comment your gear for it). Prot however my gear is about as good as damp tissue paper

Alts (please comment if you intend on bringing them in the guild and if not, why?): None

Link to your Armory, CTProfiles, or RPGOutfitters page? (If you are not using your raiding specc because of PvP or whatever reason, please link the raiding specc you will be using):http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Bronzebeard&cn=Ulr%C3%A1n

Former guilds (on Bronzebeard or on your current realm): Focus

Why did you leave your former guilds?: As Jura and Mikah probably know, old Mordac has retired. A lot of the officers have lost interest or can't give enough time to give the guild the attention it deserves. I'm sad to say that it's now got to the point of no recovery. :cry:

What is your former raid experience (pre-TBC, TBC, WotLK)?
Well I raided with those who were in Focus pre TBC (jura, mikah, igby etc) and we did Zul Grubb, aq20, MC, onxyia. TBC I cleared everything upto Sunwell. Post WotLK super nerf patch we killed the first two bosses in Sunwell. I was also part of the Zul Aman bear farming team during TBC.

During WotLK I've cleared everything pre ICC except Yogg. We cleared the 1st wing of ICC on 10/25 and killed rotface and festergut on 10 man.

Why do you want to join Serenity? The guild is the closest thing there is friends outside of focus. I've raided with Jura, Mikah and Igby although it was a long time ago. From the looks of things serenity is built on the same beliefs and princples as focus so feel this is the best chance of me fitting in elsewhere.

Do you have open applications to other guilds? No

Any member in Serenity that can vouch for you? Igby said he will, and I'll like to think that Jura and Mikah haven't blacklisted me since we were in the same guild.

The important questions now. Please take a moment to think about those before you answer.

This is probably the most important question. We are a raiding guild, and even though we do not force anyone into raiding, we are expecting players that will join us to show interest in raiding at least 3-4 days each week. Are you interested in raiding several days a week regularly???

Yes that's fine, as you may recall my Salsa classes are on a Monday so that is the only day I'm not available of your official raid days.

We do not spend a lot of time on farmed content, but we do spend a lot of times on progression, which means a lot of wiping with often very little progress. This is how we kill hard bosses and push the content. Is that what you are interested in?

Yes as you can see I have very little need to run instances below tier 10. The one exception is Igby did express an interest in run Uldar 10 hardmodes for the mount. As I'm only missing yogg+1 I would like to be included in that.

Can you play at our official raiding times which are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday from 9pm - 1am server time?

Yes that's fine (Except Monday's as that is Salsa as I stated above)

Can you log on to the Serenity website to read what is happening and sign up on the raid calendar each week whether you can attend raids or not? Yes.

Do you intend to show up for raids prepared, PVE raid specced, repaired, enchanted, gemmed and with a proper set of buffs (food buffs and potions/flasks)? Yes.

We are using a Zero-Sum DKP system, do you agree with this? (X) YES ( ) NO

(X) I have read the Forum sticky: Intro to Serenity
(X) I have read the Forum sticky: Guild Rules and Goals
Last edited by Guest on Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Sacs » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:18 pm

He's a Londoner...can't be bad :P

Plus, finally Iron would have someone to rival him on all that healy plate :lol: :lol: :lol:
Stabby stab stab spec with stabby stab sticks
Sacs

Postby igby » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:22 pm

I can vouch for his wow play but not his salsa skills. Will get back to you, once officers have a chat on wednesday I expect.
igby

Postby Mikah » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:10 am

Hey Ulran,

Too bad for what is happening to Focus. A real shame to see such a long standing guild in trouble. It's a bit of the history of Bronzebeard that is folding. I thoroughly enjoyed my time there, and Mordac was certainly a great guy to be with!

We'll have a chat, and I will try to catch you in game also to explain a bit what you could expect. We are quite full, although an extra healer could maybe fit.
Mikah

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:33 am

Igby was telling me the guild had 2 holy pallies but 1 left, so I was under the impression the guild was a healer down.

However if you have a full complement of druids, priests and shammies and have to rotate healers as it is, It wouldn't be fair for anyone to add an extra healer in.

Anyway you know what the healer situation is better than me, so I'll try and catch you this evening before I go out.

Postby Theseus » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:42 am

OMG, it's Ulran. Nice to see ya! <-- Theseus (that Druid from the Focus MC/ZG/AQ 20/Ony days)

I can vouch for you as well.
Theseus

Postby Mikah » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:08 am

Guest wrote:Igby was telling me the guild had 2 holy pallies but 1 left, so I was under the impression the guild was a healer down.

However if you have a full complement of druids, priests and shammies and have to rotate healers as it is, It wouldn't be fair for anyone to add an extra healer in.

Anyway you know what the healer situation is better than me, so I'll try and catch you this evening before I go out.

Our current weekly raid schedule includes 1 team of ICC25 and 3 teams of ICC10 (and then some alt stuff).

We currently have 7 raiding healers, some of which however are not full time. That still leaves us in quite a good situation normally for 25man (we use 6 or 7 healers, depending on the fight), and obviously the Wednesday farm night is always the most popular (go figure).

We have 3 teams of ICC10, which requires 9 healers and 6 tanks (instead of the usual 7+3). That means we often have to rely on some of our dpser to go on their offspec and heal/tank.

At the moment, I think we would be able to offer you a regular spot in an ICC10 team. As for ICC25, it would be week to week, and it would often means skipping farm night as that night is always overbooked, and we have to give priority to our current raider. It would leave you as most likely on the 2nd night or on the progress nights.

It is impossible to know if some players will stop at some point, so it is hard to know if and when there will be a regular opening for ICC25. It could be a few weeks, but could also be much longer. Although with the badge farming almost done now, I wouldn't be surprised if more people are starting to have <insert lame excuse no one believe here>

We do not in practice rotate people. Once someone has earned his raid spot, it is basically his unless he takes a break or leave the guild. Other people generally fill in the 10man and the 25man when others can't come.

If you would be happy with that, or if you want to give it a try and see what you get, I think you would be welcome to join us. Just wanted to make it clear what you could expect, at least in the short term.
Mikah

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:52 am

After chatting with Mikah today, it's unlikely that I'll get the opportunity to raid 25's as much as I want to.

I'm going to see if I can get a spot somewhere else, however if the situation changes where a regular slot is more likely he's going to let me know.

Return to Recruitment