CLOSED | Lilynne, Death Knight DPS/tank application

Moderator: Officers

CLOSED | Lilynne, Death Knight DPS/tank application

Postby Lilynne » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:50 pm

(x) YES ( ) NO Note: by ticking YES, you agree to follow the guild charter.

In game name (including previous names if any): Lilynne

Class and build:
(This is the class and specc we expect you to be raiding with, and this is the specc we hope you wish to be playing with. No main-alt changing and no specc changing without approval from the GMs.)

Death Knight Frost DW DPS (I provided the Haste buff before hence Imp Icy Talons, but I have a new spec figured for when I don’t have to provide the buff. I kept this one because it’s usefull in heroics)

Dual Spec: (Please state which 2nd spec you have with the new dual-spec system and comment your gear for it). Blood tank

Alts (please comment if you intend on bringing them in the guild and if not, why?):
Yiki, lvl 80 Fury/Prot warrior, Lorilynne, lvl 80 Survival Hunter (Horde atm). Both will be brought in because of professions. Have a number of lower level alts scattered around different servers that will be transferred if I feel at home (because of cost)
On a side note, I wouldn't mind raiding on my Fury/Prot Warrior if that is more to the guilds requirement, as I love playing that character. It's just not as well geared as my Death knight is.

Link to your Armory, CTProfiles, or RPGOutfitters page? (If you are not using your raiding specc because of PvP or whatever reason, please link the raiding specc you will be using):

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Wildhammer&n=Lilynne

Former guilds (on Bronzebeard or on your current realm):
Currently guildless. Used to be in a casual raiding guild on another server. Transferred to Wildhammer to help a rl friend.

Why did you leave your former guilds?:
Because of raid times. They got in the way too much with real life. I was supposed to be present at 19.15h. That meant my girlfriend was eating alone most of the time. That put some strain on the relationship.

What is your former raid experience (pre-TBC, TBC, WotLK)?
pre-TBC none, I started playing after TBC hit. TBC just Kara as I was in a social guild at that time. WotLk all of Naxx 25, Ulduar 25 up to yogg, ToC25 5/5 and a few tries at ToGC25.

Why do you want to join Serenity?
I miss raiding. I decided to turn my search for a new guild around. Instead of looking for a guild on my server that raided late, I decided to look for a guild that raided late in general and take it from there.

Do you have open applications to other guilds?
Yes. I have an application running on another late night raiding guild on the server I am currently on. They are slacking to respond though and that doesn’t bode well. Aside from that, they are not looking for my class and I’d rather be usefull.

Any member in Serenity that can vouch for you?
I am afraid not.

The important questions now. Please take a moment to think about those before you answer.

This is probably the most important question. We are a raiding guild, and even though we do not force anyone into raiding, we are expecting players that will join us to show interest in raiding at least 3-4 days each week.Are you interested in raiding several days a week regularly???

I took this from the introduction to serenity sticky: “Since we are a raiding guild, we are looking people who want to raid (at least 2-3 days a week)”
That’s what appealed to me. I can raid 2 days a week, and I will aim for 3, but I can’t always make it because of work/Social life. (I mean official raids here. This does not mean I wont be available more often)

We do not spend a lot of time on farmed content, but we do spend a lot of times on progression, which means a lot of wiping with often very little progress. This is how we kill hard bosses and push the content. Is that what you are interested in?
It’s exactly what I am interested in, aside from a good social experience. Progression is what keeps the game interesting for me.

Can you play at our official raiding times which are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday from 9pm - 1am server time?
Monday is my sports day for now but I could look into changing that (depending on the time schedule of friends). The rest of the days are no problem in general.

Can you log on to the Serenity website to read what is happening and sign up on the raid calendar each week whether you can attend raids or not?
Yeah, that won’t be a problem.

Do you intend to show up for raids prepared, PVE raid specced, repaired, enchanted, gemmed and with a proper set of buffs (food buffs and potions/flasks)?
It’s what I am used to, so yes.

We are using a Zero-Sum DKP system, do you agree with this? (x) YES ( ) NO

(x) I have read the Forum sticky: Intro to Serenity
(x) I have read the Forum sticky: Guild Rules and Goals
Lilynne

Postby Daveangel » Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:54 pm

Nice ap and gear. I wish you luck.

Don't you think you should get your expertise up a couple of points - you don't seem to be capped at the moment.
Daveangel

Postby Lilynne » Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:57 pm

Daveangel wrote:Nice ap and gear. I wish you luck.

Don't you think you should get your expertise up a couple of points - you don't seem to be capped at the moment.

I agree it would be better if I had 0,5% more.
I swapped a ring and I am over the cap now.
Fact is, that with my current gear it's either under or way over cap or I would have to gimp other stats too much.
This ring gets me over the cap for Hit Rating as well, but on the other hand, that brings me closer to the Spell Hit Cap. I might just leave it like this for now. Thanks for pointing it out to me.
Lilynne

Postby Daveangel » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:23 pm

Maybe you could switch your glove or bracer enchants or consider regemming a little. I think there are +expertise available for both slots. My understanding of frost is that hit and expertise are the best stats up to the caps. Also my experience in ToC is that expertise can be quite hard to find. The weapons I've seen don't have it while your current weapons do. I'm not sure if that is representative though.

Please don't take this as criticism. I have much bigger problems with my gear than you and I'm definitely no expert.
Daveangel

Postby Lilynne » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:41 pm

Daveangel wrote:Maybe you could switch your glove or bracer enchants or consider regemming a little. I think there are +expertise available for both slots. My understanding of frost is that hit and expertise are the best stats up to the caps. Also my experience in ToC is that expertise can be quite hard to find. The weapons I've seen don't have it while your current weapons do. I'm not sure if that is representative though.

Please don't take this as criticism. I have much bigger problems with my gear than you and I'm definitely no expert.

I don't take it as criticism.
I have considered swapping out gems or enchants, but it just doesn't seem worth it.
Swapping the ring is a decent alternative until I get something better :)
Lilynne

Postby Mjöl » Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:08 pm

Do i understand this right that this is a x-realm app and you are currently on another realm ?

If so, could you please make a lvl1 on bb so we could have a talk at some point.
Thanks to the Themark for my avatar ! (Breast and Arms on Pic not edited, only Hair photoshopped. Seriously.)
Mjöl
Site Admin

Postby Lilynne » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:32 pm

Made a Gnome Warrior called Minililynne
Lilynne

Postby Lilynne » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:54 pm

Spoke to Mjöl in game about some stuff and the situation in the guild at this time.
We decided to review the situation n January after my holidays (that I completely forgot were so close)

For now, thank you for the time invested.
Lilynne

Postby Theseus » Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:00 pm

Lilynne wrote:Spoke to Mjöl in game about some stuff and the situation in the guild at this time.
We decided to review the situation n January after my holidays (that I completely forgot were so close)

For now, thank you for the time invested.

<< APPLICATION FROZEN - 12NOV2009 >>

I have flagged your application as being "On Hold". Please let us know when you want to proceed with your application.
Theseus

Application

Postby Lilynne » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:20 pm

Sometimes things happen really fast...
I have been asked to apply for a like-minded guild as Serenity on my current server.
They were really looking for a DPS Death Knight and it's always nice to be wanted.
I want to inform you that I have accepted their invitation.
So I guess this is a withdrawal of my application.

Thank you very much for the serious, nice and professional way you have handled my application.
Lilynne

Postby Theseus » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:16 pm

We try :D

Anyway, good luck in your future WoW endeavors and may the loot roll always go your way..
Theseus

Return to Recruitment