CLOSED | Druidrecruit [Rakax]

Moderator: Officers

CLOSED | Druidrecruit [Rakax]

Postby Rakax » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:30 pm

Before you even bother, have you read our guild rules and goals? Does it corresponds to what you are looking for?

(x) YES ( ) NO Note: by ticking YES, you agree to follow the guild charter.
but i gotta say that my computer dont support fully in 25 men runs and i cannot show my highest dps when 25 men start shooting and cannot tank those runs! but in 10men i dont have those troubles!

In game name (including previous names if any): Rakax

Class and build:
(This is the class and specc we expect you to be raiding with, and this is the specc we hope you wish to be playing with. No main-alt changing and no specc changing without approval from the GMs.)
Feral tank

Dual Spec: (Please state which 2nd spec you have with the new dual-spec system and comment your gear for it).
Balance a lot of gear from badges and some of 25 and 10 man runs

Alts (please comment if you intend on bringing them in the guild and if not, why?): i got paladin,DK,mage but i would bring only 2 of them.One i would like to leave in former guild to keep in touch with friends in there

Link to your Armory, CTProfiles, or RPGOutfitters page? (If you are not using your raiding specc because of PvP or whatever reason, please link the raiding specc you will be using): Lucky im in tanking gear!
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Bronzebeard&n=Rakax

Former guilds (on Bronzebeard or on your current realm): Legacy of heroes

Why did you leave your former guilds?: I was in LoH for a long time only reason i left is that i had need for changes

What is your former raid experience (pre-TBC, TBC, WotLK)?
i have done all raids pretbc;in tbc didnt done SWP and BT to the end;done naxx 10-25;Os 10-25;VoA 10-25;Uld 10;ToC 10;

Why do you want to join Serenity? i played with members of Serenity few times and i really enjoyed in those runs. For example i have done Uld 10 with serenity 1st time!

Do you have open applications to other guilds? nope

Any member in Serenity that can vouch for you? hugz and Elly 8)

The important questions now. Please take a moment to think about those before you answer.

This is probably the most important question. We are a raiding guild, and even though we do not force anyone into raiding, we are expecting players that will join us to show interest in raiding at least 3-4 days each week. Are you interested in raiding several days a week regularly???
yes i am

We do not spend a lot of time on farmed content, but we do spend a lot of times on progression, which means a lot of wiping with often very little progress. This is how we kill hard bosses and push the content. Is that what you are interested in?
evrything for progress

Can you play at our official raiding times which are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday from 9pm - 1am server time?

ussually yes

Can you log on to the Serenity website to read what is happening and sign up on the raid calendar each week whether you can attend raids or not?
to be honest i dont like to visit forums but i can come by from time to time; and for calendar and sign ups thats not a prob

Do you intend to show up for raids prepared, PVE raid specced, repaired, enchanted, gemmed and with a proper set of buffs (food buffs and potions/flasks)?

yes

We are using a Zero-Sum DKP system, do you agree with this? (x) YES ( ) NO

(x) I have read the Forum sticky: Intro to Serenity
(x) I have read the Forum sticky: Guild Rules and Goals
Rakax

Postby ellybelle » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:36 pm

Rakky's a really great guy with a refreshingly helpful approach to the game. He did go on a Ulduar 10 with us and off tanked the tunnel in heroic. we were able to complete that and other bosses on heroic that run, even though most of the bosses he'd never seen before. Rakky's a generous and kind-hearted soul.

GL on your application my friend.
ellybelle

Postby Hugz » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:38 pm

We've both known Rakky ages now, nice bloke. very helpful, listens to what he is been told. Came on a few Ully10 run's with guild group we was in to help out.
Gets an thumbs up from me.
Hugz

Postby Rakax » Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:12 am

thank you for those nice words guys :D really aprisiate that :)
Rakax

Postby Sacs » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:41 am

Were you the druid that was with our semi guild run in Uluar back in the summer? I might of been on my Pala - Araton?
If so, I was quite impressed and you get a thumbs up from me. If not, maybe we can arrange a time to impress us in there? :lol:
Stabby stab stab spec with stabby stab sticks
Sacs

Postby Mikah » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:46 am

Any chances you can log out in your feral gear? Armory seemed to have caught you in pvp gear atm.
Mikah

Postby Rakax » Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:11 pm

yep ill do that, erm soz m8 i dont remeber it was long time ago and JD was tanking solo that run lol i was there as balance most of the run :)
Rakax

Postby Hugz » Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:55 pm

Yes sacs that was Rakky. Elly asked rakky to come help as we couldn't find a second tank.
Hugz

Postby Rakax » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:05 am

Is that right Hugz? 8) Well im glad that i impressed ya Sacs hehe.
i can say that i really liked discipline what ppl had in those runs.

ill try to remeber to keep my tanking gear on when im logging out from druid
Rakax

Re: Druidrecruit [Rakax]

Postby Mikah » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:41 am

Rakax wrote:but i gotta say that my computer dont support fully in 25 men runs and i cannot show my highest dps when 25 men start shooting and cannot tank those runs! but in 10men i dont have those troubles!

Hi and sorry for taking so long to get back to you.

First of all, could you clarify whether you are applying for a raiding spot in our 25man raids? Surely you can understand that it is very, very important that our tanks are not lagging in 25man raids? You are telling us that you can not tank those runs??

If that is the case, could you explain what you are looking for then?

Also, you are quite far behind gear wise. You are mostly wearing Naxx gear at this point. Either you are not very active, or maybe this is an alt you want to have as a main? Or maybe you had been playing another spec until recently?

With the shower of badges of triumph, you only so far have the T9 gloves, ring and the idol. Armory shows you as having cleared ToC10 only once, and killed Beasts on 25 once.

These days, you can pug ToC10 and clear it in an hour, and there are VoA/Ony pugs going daily...

I am not saying that negatively. But you are a long way for being of any use to us in heroic 25man as a tank, or even normal 25, let alone the lag issue.
Mikah

Postby Rakax » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:17 pm

Hey,

yeah i understand that as a tank i have to react quickly and i have to see evrything but i cannot even move in 25 man run so thats not an option.

im looking more for 10men runs what i can freerly play and the most of all im looking discipline raiding guild where ppl like to make progress not just in raids but in other thingz achivments and stuff...

No my main was and will be tanking druid but in my former guild the rule was if u join for example as feral tank u main roll is tanking gear if u are balance then thats your main roll as i said b4 with that lagg i couldnt tank so i coverd up dps spot ranged dps(lil less lagg) and that was my main roll in 25men runs.

I collected those triuph badges all from daily heroics hehe i was very active :) and yeah i done ToC10 once i was lucky that ppl in grp have somebody to inv coz lot of them left after wipe or two it was 3hours run

But yeah thats the point i dont wanna pug coz when im in pug ppl arent serious to play ussually losing time when wiping start always sombody dont like that and leave... most of those runs become a lost of time,often unfinished.

Thats why im looking for a guild and coz i enjoyed playin with members of serenity i applyed here 1st.
Rakax

Postby Guest » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:56 pm

But if i cant be of any use to u i understand.

Postby ellybelle » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:34 pm

I spoke with Rakky this afternoon. I think, and correct me if I'm wrong, he's looking for a casual spot in the guild. He'd be available to tank/dps 10 man runs for us, but wouldn't need a spot in the 25 man runs, though if needed for an alt run or something he can probably boomkin ulduar and maybe toc 25.

I think he'd like to join Serenity for the atmosphere of the guild. He's had some trouble finding good groups to run with, pug-wise, for the 5 and 10 man content, which is the content he enjoys most. He's a really nice person and I think wouldn't ask people to show their achievements before inviting them into a group, so maybe sometimes people pug without having the gear to go and other people are too nice, hehe, we all know how it goes.

This might be useful to us on Wednesdays or something when we have too many people sign for the 25 mans, but not enough tanks/healers to do a 10 man at the same time. In addition, Rakky has done all of the northrend heroic achievements, and likes to do that kind of thing, and is always willing to help people get achievements they've not got.
ellybelle

Postby Mikah » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:36 pm

Rakax wrote:yeah i understand that as a tank i have to react quickly and i have to see evrything but i cannot even move in 25 man run so thats not an option.

im looking more for 10men runs what i can freerly play and the most of all im looking discipline raiding guild where ppl like to make progress not just in raids but in other thingz achivments and stuff...

Ok, thanks for clarifying this. I was a bit puzzled with your answers, as you mentionned that you were not able to do any 25man raids due to your hardware issues, yet you answered:

Rakax wrote:This is probably the most important question. We are a raiding guild, and even though we do not force anyone into raiding, we are expecting players that will join us to show interest in raiding at least 3-4 days each week. Are you interested in raiding several days a week regularly???
yes i am

We do not spend a lot of time on farmed content, but we do spend a lot of times on progression, which means a lot of wiping with often very little progress. This is how we kill hard bosses and push the content. Is that what you are interested in?
evrything for progress

So if I understand correctly, you would be interested in our 10man offnight runs, and not our 25man runs. That means recruiting you more on a "casual" or "social" status.

Is that correct?
Mikah

Postby Mikah » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:40 pm

ellybelle wrote:I spoke with Rakky this afternoon. I think, and correct me if I'm wrong, he's looking for a casual spot in the guild. He'd be available to tank/dps 10 man runs for us, but wouldn't need a spot in the 25 man runs, though if needed for an alt run or something he can probably boomkin ulduar and maybe toc 25.

Thanks for clarifying this. Maybe I should have a chat with him.

I think Elly you can see the issue though that we got on our general forum. If we are to start doing 10man runs, then everyone wants to be in "team A". In other words, people expect full T9 tanks for the 10man runs, and mains would not be so happy if they end up with less geared players.

Not commenting on this particular person, just picking up what came out of that thread from our members in general.

So that leaves the casual/alt 10man runs where he could help out and where people would be happy to be with him. It's quite important for him to understand what would be available to him and where he would fit.
Mikah

Next

Return to Recruitment