Moderator: Officers

MEMBER | Protection warrior Returner

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:41 am

In game name (including previous names if any):

-Returner.

Norway.

Class and build:

I only have 1 character,its a warrior protection specced tank "15-5-51"

Dual Spec: (Please state which 2nd spec you have with the new dual-spec system and comment your gear for it).

I have not gotten a duel specc yet i am afraid,due to a low ammount of gold i have,my dps gear is getting more and more epic but it still has quite a few blue peices, i havent really focused on dps since burning crusade,i have frost resistance gear tho which i use for bosses like Hodir.

Link to your Armory -

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... gn=Badacid

Former guilds (on Bronzebeard or on your current realm):

I dont remember all the guilds ive been in but from burning crusade i was in-
-Outlandish legion (during lvling)
-Whatever
-Order of the holy flame
and more i belive,i am sorry its really hard to remember,its been a good while but in wotlk the guild i remember are-
-Twilight zone
-Tactical tourists
-Divined
-Badacid.

Why did you leave your former guilds?:

Mostly because i seeked higher pve progress,some i didnt have a good time in.

What is your former raid experience (pre-TBC, TBC, WotLK)?

TBC i raided as a dpser-
-Gruuls lair (cleared)
-Kara (cleared)
- ZA (3 or 4 bosses left if i remember right)
-Black temple (8 in tbc and in wotlk i cleared it)
-Mount hyjal (killed 4)
-Ssc (7bosses killed i belive)
-Tk (1 killed)

WOTLK as a tank-

-Eoe normal an heroic (cleared)
-Naxxramas normal and hc (cleared)
-voa +emalon normal and heroic (cleared)
-Os normal and heroic (cleared whit 1 d on normal and none on heroic)
-Ulduar normal 11 killed and heroic 8 killed.

Why do you want to join Serenity?

The reason i can think of is-
Because it has great progress,great member and fair and good loot systems.

Do you have open applications to other guilds?

No.

Any member in Serenity that can vouch for you?

I know Eightythree or "83" from serenity,and ive spoke a bit whit an officer,other than that i have no idea sorry.

The important questions now. Please take a moment to think about those before you answer.

This is probably the most important question. We are a raiding guild, and even though we do not force anyone into raiding, we are expecting players that will join us to show interest in raiding at least 2-3 days each week.

Can you play at our official raiding times which are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday from 9pm - 1am server time?

Yes i can.

Can you log on to the Serenity website to read what is happening and sign up on the raid calendar each week whether you can attend raids or not?

Yes i can.

Do you intend to show up for raids prepared, PVE raid specced, repaired, enchanted, gemmed and with a proper set of buffs (food buffs and potions/flasks)?

Yes.

We are using a Zero-Sum DKP system, do you agree with this? ( ) YES ( ) NO

(Yes)

(Yes) I have read the Forum sticky: Intro to Serenity
(Yes) I have read the Forum sticky: Guild Rules and Goals

I would also like to add that even tho i am not 18 yet,and you only want people at the age of 18+ i can be mature enough i promise,i wont ask to many questions,i can shut up when needed,i can take complaints whitout any problems,so please, think about it.
My proffesions are Alchemy450 and Herbing 450-i have elixir master so i can sometimes make tons more flasks for the mats of one,so if any guildie would be in need of it,il gladly help them out.

I did my best in showing who i am to you people in this apply,i hope it would be in any interests of you and hope to hear from you soon-Returner

Postby Mikah » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:52 pm

Thanks for your application.

We are indeed looking for a protection warrior right now, and this is quite a good application.

I would like to ask you a few questions if you would allow me.

1) You are only friendly with sons of hodir, thus you only have the pvp enchant on your shoulders. That far in WotLK and not able to get those enchants doesn't show your dedication into getting your character to be the best. How come you didn't act on that earlier?

2) You mention you do not have dual-spec, and do not have the gold to pay for it. Considering that raiding 4 days a week is quite expensive, particularly for a tank because of higher repairs combined with flasks and potions, how are you going to be able to afford raiding?

Obviously, you would most likely join as offtank, so we would need you to dps to a decent level from times to times, so it is quite important that not only you can change spec, but also have an offspec gear set.

Again, if you lack gold, doing the sons of hodir dailies is a nice way to make some, while doing something useful for your character.

3) You have alchemy and herbalism, which unfortunately are the 2 most useless professions for a raiding tank. Again I guess you certainly don't have the gold to change them now, but have you considered changing at least 1 profession to something that would benefit you more?

4) You have been in 8 guilds in the past 7 months. Jumping from one guild to another guild is a way to progress, but every guild is working on a boss and will wipe. How do we know you just won't get tired after a couple of months and move on?

5) You are 16 yrs old, and that is a bit of a problem. If we were to invite you, there will be a whole bunch of old farts that will start up some old school rioting and accusing you of having an unfair advantage for having a correct vision and lacking arthritic pain.

The bigger problem with this, is that we are looking for players that will be raiding throughout the year and not just this summer. When school will start again, will you still be able to raid on our raid nights until the end, or will that become a problem? A lot of us are parents, and we are also concerned and feel responsible that people in the guild, particularly young ones, are not affected in their real life because of commitment they have to make in a game.

Sorry for being a pain in the ass, but we generally reject 16 yrs old application right away. Most of those that joined us have always failed or never fitted in the guild, but I would like to be proven wrong.
Mikah

Postby Returner » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:28 pm

I know i should do the sons of hodir quests,it just havent happened so mutch in the wotlk for some reason,but i can start farming rep,and i make the gold for duel specc,i will afford flask,potions,buff food etc,and if my age bother you i wont be a problem to you anymore,but i can surive getting alot of complaints,and i will be able to raid at those nights,even tho i have scool,but what i am focusing on is tanking,my dps gear is not good enough for ulduar or any game-end raids other than naxx 10 and raids like that,

I would behave just like a 18 yr old,and i would not leave the guild unless something really serious came up.
Returner

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:24 am

goodluck returner enjoy your time in Serenity.

Greatings Rave

Return to Recruitment