CLOSED | Protection Paladin App for Grandcross

Moderator: Officers

CLOSED | Protection Paladin App for Grandcross

Postby Grandcross » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:08 am

SERENITY APPLICATION FORM

(X) YES ( ) NO Note: by ticking YES, you agree to follow the guild charter.

In game name (including previous names if any): Grandcross

Class and build: Protection Paladin

Dual Spec: Retribution. My ret gear is Ulduar 10 ready. I also have a Holy set that I am not currently specced to use. My holy set is as good as my tank set and I am very willing to spec Holy if it would better serve the guild.

Link to your Armory, CTProfiles, or RPGOutfitters page? (If you are not using your raiding specc because of PvP or whatever reason, please link the raiding specc you will be using):

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... Grandcross

Former guilds (on Bronzebeard or on your current realm): Sol Invictus, Heavy Mental, I am also currently in Children of Wrath

Why did you leave your former guilds?: I am planning to leave Children of Wrath because our leadership is poorly coordinated. A certain officer is also verbally abusing members during raids for poor performance, which is uncalled for. In addition we aren't making progression past General in Uld 10. I think that it takes time to learn fights, and wiping needs to happen to learn an encounter, but three weeks of stagnation on the same boss leads me to think that people aren't making an effort to improve.

What is your former raid experience (pre-TBC, TBC, WotLK)? I have no pre-TBC or TBC raiding experience. As for WotLK I have completed Naxx 10, Naxx 25, Sarth 1D, and Maly 10. I am currently running Uld 10 and have done every boss except Yogg. I am also running Uld 25 and have done every boss up to Kologarn.

Why do you want to join Serenity?
I want to join Serenity because you folks came highly recommended as a group of people who are friendly, fun-loving, and mature. I've been told that Serenity is a guild where I can expect to advance in end game raid content if I work hard and play my role well. Also, your raid times are perfect for me. I work all day at school, spend time with my girlfriend in the afternoons, but I want to raid at night when it won't get in the way of other responsibilities.

Do you have open applications to other guilds?
Not yet, Serenity was my first choice.

Any member in Serenity that can vouch for you?
Bolin was the raid leader at my first ever raid in WoW. He also has raided with me frequently since then. He can vouch for the fact that I am a player who learns quickly, takes responsibility for my mistakes so I can correct them in the future, and actively searches for ways to improve the performance of myself, other players, and the raid as a whole. Bolin can also vouch for the fact that I'm just generally a fun person to have around. I like to keep things positive and am willing to try to do whatever I can to help out others even at the expense of myself.

The important questions now. Please take a moment to think about those before you answer.

This is probably the most important question. We are a raiding guild, and even though we do not force anyone into raiding, we are expecting players that will join us to show interest in raiding at least 2-3 days each week.

I cannot guarantee that I can make every raid, especially because I'm in college, but your late night raid times are excellent for me. I can make at least one raid a week, but am also capable and interested in doing 2-3 raids per week.

Can you play at our official raiding times which are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday from 9pm - 1am server time?

Because your raiding times are late at night (11pm-3am for me) I can make every night when I have the free time.

Can you log on to the Serenity website to read what is happening and sign up on the raid calendar each week whether you can attend raids or not?

Yes, that's not a problem.

Do you intend to show up for raids prepared, PVE raid specced, repaired, enchanted, gemmed and with a proper set of buffs (food buffs and potions/flasks)?

I maintain all five of my gear sets with top priority, which is why I still can't afford epic flying actually. I also make sure to bring enough flasks, pots, food, and reagents for myself, but I'm also want to bring extra in case someone forgets stuff since I keep flasks for all three of my specs.

We are using a Zero-Sum DKP system, do you agree with this? (X) YES ( ) NO

(X) I have read the Forum sticky: Intro to Serenity
(X) I have read the Forum sticky: Guild Rules and Goals
Grandcross

Postby igby » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:56 am

Thanks for the application, maybe I miss read it, but we are an alliance guild and you have linked a horde character.
I am aware there has been talk of Blizzard implementing a character faction transfer but no date has been given.
igby

Postby Mikah » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:00 am

I would like to add that you have linked a character on the US realm Kilrogg since you are using the US armory.

We are playing on the EU realm Bronzebeard. So even if you could do a horde-alliance transfer, there is no talk of allowing US to EU transfers.

We also have never heard of Bolin, which could vouch for you.

Maybe you went to the wrong website??
Mikah

Postby pewpewlazorz » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:18 am

Maybe the guild serenity of bronzebeard its so famous even the American horde want to join us:)
pewpewlazorz

Postby Terminate » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:41 am

Very interesting application, still it makes me sad to see one of the fatal (!) consequences that has appeared in WOW after Blizzard started thei downfall of WOW and gave pallies to the horde :-(

the guild you are looking for is
http://www.guildportal.com/Guild.aspx?G ... ID=7749248

afaik there are currently 167 guilds called "Serenity" on EU servers and 200 on US-servers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5513mXmQbw4
(illegal copy, illegally distributed, illegally linked)

Look at that subtle off-white colouring.
The tasteful thickness of it.
Oh my God, it even has a watermark.
Terminate

lol @ myself

Postby Grandcross » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:09 pm

My application to the guild was a mistake. I meant to apply to another guild on Kilrogg in the US that shares your name. :)

You guys/gals seem like a friendly bunch and if I every transfer to a EU server I'll happily consider you in the future.

Cheers!
Grandcross

Re: lol @ myself

Postby Themark » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:46 pm

Grandcross wrote:My application to the guild was a mistake. I meant to apply to another guild on Kilrogg in the US that shares your name. :)

You guys/gals seem like a friendly bunch and if I every transfer to a EU server I'll happily consider you in the future.

Cheers!

Good Luck for your apply on US Kilrogg ;)

a brother in the light.
When the darkest hour come upon us, remember the light you have inside
When you find SERENITY, you know to be at home
ADMINISTRATOR OF THE RET PALADIN WORLDWIDE COMMUNITY FORUM
Legendary isn't only a "title" it's a lifestyle!
Themark

Postby Laraht » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:09 pm

Good luck with your application.
I heal, you kill
Laraht

Return to Recruitment