MEMBER | Mage - Ellybelle

Moderator: Officers

MEMBER | Mage - Ellybelle

Postby Guest » Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:05 pm

Before you even bother, have you read our guild rules and goals? Does it corresponds to what you are looking for?

Indeed it does. I'm looking for a guild in which I can raid, improve my personal performance, work in an environment which encourages team work, gives me a chance to get to know more people, and allows me to play primarily with other busy adults. Specifically, I'd like to see more of Ulduar then I've heretofore seen, raid with my husband (Hugz) and explore new and creative ways of playing my main (mage). I would state, up front, that my husband and I prefer to raid together.

(X) YES ( ) NO Note: by ticking YES, you agree to follow the guild charter.

In game name (including previous names if any): Ellybelle, aka Elly.

From: I currently reside in Huddersfield, UK (American by nationality)

Class and build:
(This is the class and specc we expect you to be raiding with. No main-alt changing and no specc changing without approval from your Class Leader. You can bring all your alts in the guild if you want, but this will be the character/specc that will be invited into raids.)

Mage, frostfire. I would like to go fireball, but I have trouble with banging enough hit on my gear to make fireball my highest dps spec atm. Personally I'm crazy about all the fire specs on mages!

Dual Spec: (Please state which 2nd spec you have with the new dual-spec system and comment your gear for it).

Currently Arcane.

Link to your Armory, CTProfiles, or RPGOutfitters page? (If you are not using your raiding specc because of PvP or whatever reason, please link the raiding specc you will be using):

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Bronzebeard&n=ellybelle

Former guilds (on Bronzebeard or on your current realm):

Dark Knights of Azeroth and Greater Silence

Why did you leave your former guilds?:

DKA and GS are full of remarkably great people and wonderful friends. At this time, however, neither is progressing in 25 man raids at the rate at which I would like to progress, although GS is attempting to and doing some wonderful things.

What is your former raid experience (pre-TBC, TBC, WotLK)?

I didn't play pre-TBC. My husband purchased a copy of the game for me around the time TBC came out, perhaps just after. TBC we did lots of Kara runs with DKA, such great fun on Curator, bet we wiped a million times! Great times! and then we joined Veska (pug chat channel) and did some maggie's (I'm and imba box clicker when needed!) some Gruuls, some TK, some SSC (Penguin on the Island!). Through those pug groups we met a bunch from GS and applied there. Been with GS for about 10 months, during that time we did 10 man nax runs, 10 OS, 10 Maly, 25 nax, 25 OS, 90 or more wipes on Maly25 with no boss kill, Ulduar 10 (9 bosses) and ulduar 25 (3 bosses). Great times there as well, especially with all the mages (Mages Rule). As mage class leader I got to organize them all and we would have up to 7 or 8 mages in one Nax 25 run.

Why do you want to join Serenity? If I'm honest it's mostly because my husband does and I like to raid with him. I do like the look of your website and I like your professed principles. He has a friend in Serenity who he thinks highly of and he thinks this is a good idea for us. I do think we need to be somewhere we get to raid more, although again if I'm honest, I'm a little worried I won't be able to live up to your expectations, but I'll try real hard, I promise.

Do you have open applications to other guilds? I did apply on Thursday to Crescent Dawn. I withdrew my application. At this time, I do not have any open applications.

Any member in Serenity that can vouch for you? I'm afraid not.

The important questions now. Please take a moment to think about those before you answer.

This is probably the most important question. We are a raiding guild, and even though we do not force anyone into raiding, we are expecting players that will join us to show interest in raiding at least 2-3 days each week.

Can you play at our official raiding times which are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday from 9pm - 1am server time? Yes, absolutely, I can raid during your stated raid times and Tuesday also, though I like the idea of having Friday and Saturday off every week, I could be available on those days with some advanced notice. When I'm raiding sometimes I think I could raid 24/7, but when I'm out having fun, I'm glad I'm not raiding, hehe.

Can you log on to the Serenity website to read what is happening and sign up on the raid calendar each week whether you can attend raids or not? Yes, of course I can read forums and sign up on the raid calendar. It's a great looking site too, and not overly verbose.

Do you intend to show up for raids prepared, PVE raid specced, repaired, enchanted, gemmed and with a proper set of buffs (food buffs and potions/flasks)?
Yes, of course, I always come to raids fully prepared. And I can make fish feasts on this character as well.

We are using a Zero-Sum DKP system, do you agree with this? (X) YES ( ) NO

(X) I have read the Forum sticky: Intro to Serenity
(X) I have read the Forum sticky: Guild Rules and Goals

Just one more thing guys, and that's a great big thank you to everyone who takes the time to read my application. Just to have a great guild like Serenity to actually look at this and read it means a lot to me. It's a long way from all those wipes on Curator! -Elly

Postby Mjölnir » Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:41 am

Joined 13.07.09

Oh and since i had now a bit time to read your app, very nice application. Thats how one should be, fun to read and just toughtfull :) Btw your 2 accounts are verified on forum, so please sign for raid ^^
Last edited by Mjölnir on Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mjölnir

Re: TRIAL | Mage

Postby Gabbie » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:18 am

Anonymous wrote:He has a friend in Serenity who he thinks highly of and he thinks this is a good idea for us.

:shock:

Welcome to Serenity! :D
"When the sun is shining and entlighting your path, then it's because I'm thinking of you. When the wind is quietly whistling it's just me hugging you!"

Shiema: http://www.dkpsigs.com/sigs/Bronzebeard/257486.jpg
Angelie: http://www.dkpsigs.com/sigs/Bronzebeard/257482.jpg
Meggie: http://www.dkpsigs.com/sigs/Bronzebeard/282593.jpg
Ugabriella: http://www.dkpsigs.com/sigs/Bronzebeard/194864.jpg
Gabbie

Postby Theseus » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:24 am

Hmm, an another American? I wouldn't feel so lonely if I was not on hiatus.
Theseus

Thanks So Much for the Nice Welcome!

Postby ellybelle » Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:40 pm

Thanks so much for the nice welcome we've received from you guys! I've really enjoyed our first few raids. I've learned so much from you guys and been so happy to meet some new people! You've all been so charming. I'm really impressed with the professionalism, charm and attitude of the raid leader and all the folks involved. Looking forward to more! -E
ellybelle

Return to Recruitment