CLOSED | Xrealm Arms Warrior Application

Moderator: Officers

CLOSED | Xrealm Arms Warrior Application

Postby Misanthrope » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:20 pm

(X) YES ( ) NO Note: by ticking YES, you agree to follow the guild charter.

In game name (including previous names if any): Misanthrop

Class and build: Warrior, Arms spec
(This is the class and specc we expect you to be raiding with. No main-alt changing and no specc changing without approval from your Class Leader. You can bring all your alts in the guild if you want, but this will be the character/specc that will be invited into raids.)

Link to your Armory, CTProfiles, or RPGOutfitters page? (If you are not using your raiding specc because of PvP or whatever reason, please link the raiding specc you will be using):
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Darkspear&n=Misanthrop

Former guilds (on Bronzebeard or on your current realm):
The most notable guild I have been in Wow is Ez, I've been a member for 2 years and I am still part of the community formed within this guild. Withing this guild I have been through most of TBC on Alonsus horde side, clearing everything except SWP. After a short break from WoW, playing other MMOs we came back, rolled Aly on Darkspear and been there right until Ulduar came out.
I left EZ as Wow guild after 2 years being in it. They decided to move on to other games, as they feel that this game does not have anything more to offer. I am staying here for many reasons: I don't have the time and energy to start a new game and level; and still feel that I have more things to do in WoW. Recently I joined a guild Stone, I have been a member for almost 3 weeks now, but because they have a very early raiding schedule I can't make most of the raids.

Why did you leave your former guilds?: As I mentioned I left Ez after most of the members decided to move to a different game. I am leaving Stone because of the reasons mentioned above.

What is your former raid experience (pre-TBC, TBC, WotLK)?: Well in vanilla Wow I have participated in a coupe of Mc/ZG clears but was not able to find a decent raiding to clear BWL ,AQ and there was the minor setback that I was playing on a Us server. After moving to Eu servers TBC came out, and after a couple of months I have joined EZ. Within this guild I have participated in clearing everything except SWP in TBC. In Wotlk by the time I reached 80 most of the members were bored of Naxx and everything, I only got to do a couple of Sartharion, Malygos and Naxx heroic runs. After joining Stone I participated in the Hodir and Freya fight so far in Ulduar. These were all 25 mans. While leveling or sitting out of raids I was constantly in vent listening to the strategies, i know that that doesn't substitute actual experience of the fight, but I know what to expect, when I'm there.

Why do you want to join Serenity? The main reason is the raiding times. I've seen in the official guild recruitment forums that you have a later starting schedule and thought I will research you a bit more. After reading the guild rules and the introduction post I came to the conclusion that the guild is well suited for me. The rules are ok and fair and I feel I am very close to the members you expect.

Do you have open applications to other guilds? Nope *.

Any member in Serenity that can vouch for you? Don't think I know anyone from your ranks, hope it will change :)

The important questions now. Please take a moment to think about those before you answer.

This is probably the most important question. We are a raiding guild, and even though we do not force anyone into raiding, we are expecting players that will join us to show interest in raiding at least 2-3 days each week.

Can you play at our official raiding times which are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday from 9pm - 1am server time? Well this was the biggest issue in my previous guilds, the raiding times this determined me to search a new guild. I usually don't know when I get home on different nights, because me and my fiancee live in different parts of the town. Usually I spend the afternoon with her and don't know when I am able to get home. She usually let's go of me at around 8-9 server time and a half an hour bus home get me a bit late for raids. But there are times when we have different plans and I am home early. The dates I'm not usually available are Friday and Saturday. but the other days if nothing comes up I am available.

Can you log on to the Serenity website and sign up on the raid calendar each week whether you can attend raids or not? Yes I am used with the calendar functionality and I signed up regularly in my previous guilds, be it for available or unavailable, always giving the reason why not available or late.

Do you intend to show up for raids prepared, PVE raid specced, repaired, enchanted, gemmed and with a minimum set of buffs (food buffs and potions/flasks)? I carry around with me a stack of flask and food buff, so I am always prepared for the raid.

We are using a Zero-Sum DKP system, do you agree with this? (x) YES ( ) NO

(x) I have read the Forum sticky: Intro to Serenity
(x) I have read the Forum sticky: Guild Rules and Goals

* - removed my previous comment to this question, because this is my only active application atm.
Misanthrope

Postby igby » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:52 pm

Thank you for the application, we will discuss your application over the weekend.
Can I check are you applying as casual member or a raid member ie 3+ raids a week?
I can only repeat things you have mentioned yourself regarding little xp in ulduar 25, and you gear reflects this, I understand you can't easily improve gear outside of raids, but this will be taken into consideration.
igby

Postby Guest » Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:16 am

Don't think I can commit to 3+ raids a week seeing my hectic schedule, so i guess casual. I have gotten into some raids over this week, more the first 6 bosses of Ulduar 25 can be added to the list of experienced fights.

Postby igby » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:05 pm

can you make an alt on our server to have a chat one evening this week preferably after 20.30
igby

Postby Misanthrope » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:07 am

As I said to Igby last night, I will give an answer today. But unfortunately I have to say no, this is because I just got accepted to a guild with raiding times similar to yours and this was my main reason to search for a new guild. It was my last hope on my current server, because transfer seemed to be my last option and I still had friends on Darkspear.
I thank you for the opportunity you offered me and wish you all the best.
Misanthrope

Re: CLOSED | Xrealm Arms Warrior Application

Postby Gabbie » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:44 pm

Misanthrope wrote:Do you have open applications to other guilds? Nope *.

:O
"When the sun is shining and entlighting your path, then it's because I'm thinking of you. When the wind is quietly whistling it's just me hugging you!"

Shiema: http://www.dkpsigs.com/sigs/Bronzebeard/257486.jpg
Angelie: http://www.dkpsigs.com/sigs/Bronzebeard/257482.jpg
Meggie: http://www.dkpsigs.com/sigs/Bronzebeard/282593.jpg
Ugabriella: http://www.dkpsigs.com/sigs/Bronzebeard/194864.jpg
Gabbie

Return to Recruitment