MEMBER | Shadowpriest [Asyncritus]

Moderator: Officers

MEMBER | Shadowpriest [Asyncritus]

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:58 pm

('tick') YES Note: by ticking YES, you agree to follow the guild charter.

In game name (including previous names if any):
Currently called Elwinda (but will rename to Asyncritus on server transfer if accepted)

Class and build:
NE Shadowpriest (with Disc duel spec)

Link to your Armory:
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... &n=Elwinda

Former guilds (on Bronzebeard or on your current realm):
Olympus on Quel'thalas

Why did you leave your former guilds?: Please see info below.

What is your former raid experience (pre-TBC, TBC, WotLK)?

I raided endgame classic WoW on my hunter up to Ragnaros in MC prior to expansion, in TBC I initially raided with my hunter up to Vashj/K'T but then swapped to my shadowpriest who I raided with upto Kil'Jaden pre-nerf, in WotLK I have cleared all content including Sarth +3 (25man) and the first boss in Ulduar on patch night.

Why do you want to join Serenity?

My main aim is to raid regularly in a good steady guild, my family life precludes some of the early start times for progress guilds so I am looking for a later evening raiding guild. I also work full-time so a really late-night guild would be too much. I will be sad to leave my current guild but progress raids will just be starting too early now.

Do you have open applications to other guilds? No

Any member in Serenity that can vouch for you?
I don't think anyone here will know me from other realms.

The important questions now. Please take a moment to think about those before you answer.

This is probably the most important question. We are a raiding guild, and even though we do not force anyone into raiding, we are expecting players that will join us to show interest in raiding at least 2-3 days each week.

Can you play at our official raiding times which are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday from 9pm - 1am server time?
Yes, I play nearly every evening and these times would suit me perfectly for raiding.

Can you log on to the Serenity website and sign up on the raid calendar each week whether you can attend raids or not?
Yes, I usually loiter on the guild website and various theorycrafting forums when 'working' during my day job.

Do you intend to show up for raids prepared, PVE raid specced, repaired, enchanted, gemmed and with a minimum set of buffs (food buffs and potions/flasks)?
Yes, I always carry full stacks of food, flasks, reagents etc and now starting to carry my healing set also.

Further information and reasons why you might consider me:
As you can see I have good historical and current raid experience, my main character is appropriately geared for progress raiding. I have experience at officer level in end-game raiding guilds. I actively research and theory craft my characters to get the best out of them, not just for personal output but to maximise raid effectiveness. I am a reliable mature working professional looking to join an active raiding guild with family friendly raid times as I have a wife and kids who need occaisional attention!
I also have a reasonably well geared hunter who I would be very happy to gear up/re-gem etc if that would suit the guild balance better. Armoury link
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... Wolfprince
He is currently marksman specced for the 10% attack power buff to the raid.

If you would like any more information please feel free to contact me on manamana@priest.com

We are using a Zero-Sum DKP system, do you agree with this? ( Yes)

(Yes) I have read the Forum sticky: Intro to Serenity
(Yes) I have read the Forum sticky: Guild Rules and Goals

Postby Mikah » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:13 am

Great application!

There would be no doubt you would be accepted normally. However, I am away until next week, and I don't know what the current situation is with regards to whether we have full signups for raids.

I'd hate to get you to transfer here and then not be able to offer you a regular raid spot.

I'll leave it to another officer to comment on that.
Mikah

Postby Asyncritus » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:39 am

I'm happy to wait for your combined thoughts and reply. I still need some time to pack up my bank and stuff which I'll get organised over the weekend.

I'd be happy to log in Vent or TS for a chat or further info if you need any.

Async
Asyncritus

Postby Gabbie » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:55 am

Mikah wrote:... However, I am away until next week, and I don't know what the current situation is with regards to whether we have full signups for raids.

I'm no officer ;) however...

We were full wednesday but last night we were - as far as I remember - only 15 in raid at 21 where we should all have been fully buffed up and ready to go. Some had posted they would be late but after waiting a while, we decided to go 2 x 10 man instead.

I think we have plenty within the guild to make even 2 x 25 but until now there has been a lack of signups for other days than wednesday so maybe people have found something else to do and we need new "raiders". ^^
"When the sun is shining and entlighting your path, then it's because I'm thinking of you. When the wind is quietly whistling it's just me hugging you!"

Shiema: http://www.dkpsigs.com/sigs/Bronzebeard/257486.jpg
Angelie: http://www.dkpsigs.com/sigs/Bronzebeard/257482.jpg
Meggie: http://www.dkpsigs.com/sigs/Bronzebeard/282593.jpg
Ugabriella: http://www.dkpsigs.com/sigs/Bronzebeard/194864.jpg
Gabbie

Postby Mjölnir » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:05 pm

Hello Asyncritus,

As Mikah wrote, quite good application.

So like it was at Wraths starting days, its not easy to judge the situation right about how many people are in guild, how many will raid, which classes are needed etc.

Around 2 months ago we was almost at max of raiding members that was online regulary daily. There was often 35 or more online, and also for raids 30+ signed. In that time it was even close of getting a second 25 group going, with the last 7-9 slots filled with alts from group1.

But that changed, and its hard to analyse, more just disappeared for a while, and the conclusion that more people just get bored from the rather small raiding opportunitys in Wrath is not that far off. However, we expected that with patch 3.1 there will be a flood of players that come back from afk, and we would have the same situation like 2 months ago again. So far this situation didnt become reality, and with the 2-3 regulars that are not here this week it seems we have atm around 25-28 people for raids.

Also about classes: We had and have quite some priests but only 1 regular shadowpriest (Mikah). On the other side that situation is now impossible to judge, with all that dualspec fuss, so there are many possible shadowpriests here, question is only how good they are in the dps role :)

So you see, the current situation is not so easy to judge. However, consider yourself accepted in serenity :) About regular raidspot as Mikah wrote, in the current situation right now there is one, there might be more competiton the next days when people come back to raiding, but that remains to be seen.

And the shadowpriest is a great dps class now, so in the end it also comes down in raid performances, not dieing in "insercolour" shit on the ground in raidencounters, and being a personality with the right drive in raids.

So, feel free to either transfer your char immidatly, or make a lvl1 char on bronzebeard and have a chat with me. As you see in my Sig, i might be online on a alt :)
Mjölnir

Postby Sacs » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:20 pm

Hey, nice app and I know where you're coming from...

I also changed server specifically looking for a later night raiding guild. Now I'm here and loving it! I have little doubt that you'd enjoy the later times that many of us play and Serenity are a really great bunch :D

Gz on getting in, look forward to seeing you about :)
Sacs

Postby Slamdorff » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:53 pm

Hey - gl with app.

Hope to see you in Serenity.

Cheers,

Slam
Slamdorff

Postby Asyncritus » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:42 pm

Transfer in progress so hopefully see you all soon :D
Asyncritus

Postby igby » Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:08 am

invited 17/04/09
igby

Postby Adamantite » Sat May 09, 2009 9:48 am

Why wasn't Async yet promoted? He was with the guild for more than a month now.
Last edited by Adamantite on Sat May 09, 2009 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Adamantite

Postby Gabbie » Sat May 09, 2009 9:51 am

Aiwendel wrote:Why wasn't Async hey promoted? He was with the guild for more than a month now.

17/4 - 9/5 = more than a month ;)
"When the sun is shining and entlighting your path, then it's because I'm thinking of you. When the wind is quietly whistling it's just me hugging you!"

Shiema: http://www.dkpsigs.com/sigs/Bronzebeard/257486.jpg
Angelie: http://www.dkpsigs.com/sigs/Bronzebeard/257482.jpg
Meggie: http://www.dkpsigs.com/sigs/Bronzebeard/282593.jpg
Ugabriella: http://www.dkpsigs.com/sigs/Bronzebeard/194864.jpg
Gabbie

Postby Adamantite » Sat May 09, 2009 10:25 am

Gabbie wrote:
Aiwendel wrote:Why wasn't Async yet promoted? He was with the guild for more than a month now.

17/4 - 9/5 = more than a month ;)

Oops, two mistakes at the same time.. Wrong forum and wrong timecalc :-).
Feels like he's been with us for a long time already :-)
Adamantite

Return to Recruitment