DENIED | Raiding Death Knight Aplication [Skaltor]

Moderator: Officers

DENIED | Raiding Death Knight Aplication [Skaltor]

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:14 am

(x) YES ( ) NO Note: by ticking YES, you agree to follow the guild charter.

In game name (including previous names if any):
Skaltor

I know your guild is 18+ and I understand why you have that rule, there are a lot of kids out that there that don't know what they are doing. But i can assure you that i know what I am doing. I've played wow since it came out 4 years ago and raided a lot. So please dont judge me on my age. :)

Nice town in The Netherlands. (And no I'm not selling marijuana :P)

Class and build:
(This is the class and specc we expect you to be raiding with. No main-alt changing and no specc changing without approval from your Class Leader. You can bring all your alts in the guild if you want, but this will be the character/specc that will be invited into raids.)

Death Knight 50/14/7 Blood raid specced, tested and re-tested a lot of builds, including Frost and Unholy as main DPS spec. But with my current gear Blood is highest on DMG output. Another advantage of this build is that i can do a little off-tanking as well. With Vampiric Blood and Bloodworms in combination with Icebound Fortitude i can take quite some DMG whilst healing myself.

Link to your Armory, CTProfiles, or RPGOutfitters page? (If you are not using your raiding specc because of PvP or whatever reason, please link the raiding specc you will be using):
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... &n=Skaltor

Former guilds (on Bronzebeard or on your current realm):
The Dream Hunters
Not Enough Rage

I've been in some other guilds, but only for short periods of time.

Why did you leave your former guilds?:
The Dream Hunters was disbanded a month into TBC, we couldn't agree about things and started to argue and eventually the guild disbanded.

Not Enough Rage: I'm still active in NER, this is a 10man raiding guild. Most of the people in NER are good friends of mine, but they aren't very progressive at the moment, we tried to do 25 man content in end of TBC but that flopped. I want to see more of the game then normal 10 man raids. This is the reason i am searching for another guild.

What is your former raid experience (pre-TBC, TBC, WotLK)?
With TDH (now known as Echo, some of the officers and lot of members formed a new guild.) pre-TBC : AQ20, AQ40, MC, BWL and ZG.
TBC: Kara, Gruul, Magtheridon, SSC, MH and some bosses in The Black Temple.

Why do you want to join Serenity?
Because i am looking for a nice and friendly raiding guild. I am doing lots of heroics at the moment and done few with Serenity members and i like what i see.
What I'm looking for in a guild is nice and friendly people but also very focused whilst raiding. To progress in raids and willing to learn new tactics and ways to improve their play-style.

Do you have open applications to other guilds?
No, not at the moment. Though i am looking for other guilds as well. I've made a little list of guilds and compare them with each other.

Any member in Serenity that can vouch for you?
No, I think not. It could be that sombody remembers me from a pug-raid or a heroic.
Though there is Paul, he was in Not Enough Rage a while ago. I did some raids with him but that was way back in time NER went into Kara.

The important questions now. Please take a moment to think about those before you answer.

This is probably the most important question. We are a raiding guild, and even though we do not force anyone into raiding, we are expecting players that will join us to show interest in raiding at least 2-3 days each week.

Can you play at our official raiding times which are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday from 9pm - 1am server time?

Yes I can, these days wont be a problem for me.

There is a important thing I like to say here.
I am a sportsman and I play Volleyball at national level. Which means that there will be some nights where I can't stay till 1 o'clock. 12, 12:30 is really latests at some days. This happened only a few times so far but you should know.
My trainings starts at 17:00 and ends at 20:00 so 21:00 start time shouldn't be a problem for me.

Can you log on to the Serenity website and sign up on the raid calendar each week whether you can attend raids or not?
Yes, I can

Do you intend to show up for raids prepared, PVE raid specced, repaired, enchanted, gemmed and with a minimum set of buffs (food buffs and potions/flasks)?
Of course, I want to get the best out of my character so i always involve flasks, pots scrolls ect.

We are using a Zero-Sum DKP system, do you agree with this? (X) YES ( ) NO

(X) I have read the Forum sticky: Intro to Serenity
(X) I have read the Forum sticky: Guild Rules and Goals

Greetings, Skaltor. :)

Postby Mikah » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:42 am

Very nice application and thank you for taking the time to fill out the form.

To be honest with you, not only our roster is currently quite full, but we are also completely stacked with Death Knights.

I hate to turn down good applications, but to be fair with you, we would have a very hard time to give you a spot in 25man raids.

I will discuss with other officers to have their say, but I want to give you a quick answer not to get your hopes up.
Mikah

Postby Gabbie » Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:23 pm

I'm no Officer but I would like to say that even you're "only" 17 you do sound very mature and absolutely - in my eyes - sound like you would fit well into Serenity.

So if not Serenity, I don't think you would have any problems getting into another mature raiding guild.

Good luck with your application!

Hugs Gabbie
"When the sun is shining and entlighting your path, then it's because I'm thinking of you. When the wind is quietly whistling it's just me hugging you!"

Shiema: http://www.dkpsigs.com/sigs/Bronzebeard/257486.jpg
Angelie: http://www.dkpsigs.com/sigs/Bronzebeard/257482.jpg
Meggie: http://www.dkpsigs.com/sigs/Bronzebeard/282593.jpg
Ugabriella: http://www.dkpsigs.com/sigs/Bronzebeard/194864.jpg
Gabbie

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:11 pm

Okey, well I'll wait for the outcome of that discussion :)

And thanks Gabbie. :D Some people only look at age and no further then that. The fools. :P
Hope I can get true application. :)

Greetings Skaltor

Postby Themark » Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:43 pm

Mikah wrote:Very nice application and thank you for taking the time to fill out the form.

To be honest with you, not only our roster is currently quite full, but we are also completely stacked with Death Knights.

I hate to turn down good applications, but to be fair with you, we would have a very hard time to give you a spot in 25man raids.

I will discuss with other officers to have their say, but I want to give you a quick answer not to get your hopes up.

I'd like to quote Mikah's post becouse is pratically what I thinked after reading your application.
I am also pretty impressed from the effort you showed in doing it, specially considering your age.
Just one question, what was your previous charachter??

I see it hard a space for you here cause of the situation we have on roster, otherwise, you seem to be the player and most important, the kind of person we look for.

Anyway good luck with your apply, and if here goes not well, good luck in finding a proper place.

Themark
When the darkest hour come upon us, remember the light you have inside
When you find SERENITY, you know to be at home
ADMINISTRATOR OF THE RET PALADIN WORLDWIDE COMMUNITY FORUM
Legendary isn't only a "title" it's a lifestyle!
Themark

Postby Lacosta » Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:54 pm

boo! i would sooo vouch for u if u were a weed seller :D

gl nways
Lacosta

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:40 pm

Thanks for the comments really appreciate it. :)

And I've played more then one character,

Mortough Lvl 70 Dwarf Rogue
Runawayh Lvl 70 Human Priest
Tolchuk Lvl 72 Dreanei Shaman

And some lvl 30-50 alts. But these are the main chars I have.

Greetings, Skaltor.

P.S. Lacosta my little brother knows some people :P

Postby Morna » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:17 pm

Really nice apply, hope u get your fair chance:))

Good Luck
Morna
Morna

Re: Raiding Death Knight Aplication

Postby Mikah » Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:52 pm

Skaltor wrote:Why do you want to join Serenity?
Because i am looking for a nice and friendly raiding guild. I am doing lots of heroics at the moment and done few with Serenity members and i like what i see.
What I'm looking for in a guild is nice and friendly people but also very focused whilst raiding. To progress in raids and willing to learn new tactics and ways to improve their play-style.

Allright. After some discussion, and even though you made a great application, I am afraid we will have to turn you down.

You wrote to us you are looking for a raiding guild and you even underlined raiding.

However, having taken the time to look at how things are in the guild:

1) Yesterday, we had so many players online we actually had enough to make a 10man raid in Naxx at the same time we did our 25man Naxx and we still had players left out.

2) We are quite full on tanks and melee dps.

So seeing how keen you are in raiding, I think we would really let you down if we agreed to invite you in the guild and kept you on the sideline.

I wish you the best of luck in finding a guild, and by all means keep an eye here if ever we have an opening in the future.
Mikah

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:53 pm

Okey, well maybe it's better this way. If you are full on raiding already and then have me joining as well.. that would just be to full. :)

Thanks for the reactions and maybe see you ingame.

All the best of luck and let me know if there is an opening for a raiding DK 8)

Greetings, Skaltor

Return to Recruitment