RAIDER | Application - Rogue Sacs

Moderator: Officers

RAIDER | Application - Rogue Sacs

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:44 pm

Hi, firstly I know you have closed rogue apps but I thought I'd still give it a go, just in case you like me :wink:

After spending all my time on Darkmoon Faire I've finally got to the point where I can't stay there any more due to very low server population and a severe lack of decent players. Can't seem to PUG anything without complete noobs who have no idea how to play. I'm currently in one of the top raid guilds on the server and we've cleared Brutallus. But outside of Raids, there's nothing and little help or input from the guild. So, I guess it's time to move on. Additionally most guilds seem to start too early for me due to the number of younger people. Being a mature adult (aherm...) I actually have things like jobs and life which makes it kinda hard to get back in time for their raids.

So, here's my application, I hope you like it:

In game name (including previous names if any): SACS
Class and build: Rogue, Combat Daggers

Link to your Armory:
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Darkmoon+Faire&n=Sacs

Former guilds (on Bronzebeard or on your current realm):
CORE, Silver Ascension, Paragon, End Game, Chaos Knights

Why did you leave your former guilds?:
Chaos Knights were not a raid guild so left to get into raiding with End Game.
End Game disbanded to become Paragon.
Left Paragon cos of bad guild management for SA
SA disbanded earlier this year and was the best guild I'd been in :cry:
Still in CORE

What is your former raid experience (pre-TBC and TBC)?
I started WoW just before TBC so didn't get to raid much before everyone hit OL. In TBC seen everything up to Brutallus in SWP. Been back and raided old stuff and done everything except Naxx & AQ40

Why do you want to join Serenity?
Like the idea of late night raiding on a better server. Saw your posts on the WoW guild recruitment forums.

Do you have open applications to other guilds?
Not yet, only just started looking

Any member in Serenity that can vouch for you?
No, I'm not even on this server.

Can you play at our official raiding times which are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday from 9pm - 1am server time?
YES - on till about 2am most nights

Can you log on to the Serenity website and sign up on the raid calendar each week whether you can attend raids or not?
Sure

Do you intend to show up for raids prepared, PVE raid specced, repaired, enchanted, gemmed and with a minimum set of buffs (food, oils, potions)?
Always, expect nothing less!

We are planning on using a Suicide Kings loot distribution system, do you agree with this? (Y ) YES ( ) NO

(Y) I have read the Forum sticky: Intro to Serenity
(Y) I have read the Forum sticky: Guild Rules and Goals

Postby vritra » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:03 pm

Nice appy.. gear looks good and dagger spec.. Daggers are nice, but in TBC your abit behind on dps against sword dps output. Hopfully that will change in the exepansion..

Goodluck with appy.
vritra

Postby Sacs » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:45 am

IMO daggers define a Rogue and I think Blizz suck by giving swords the edge, even if it's only marginal. But, hey-ho... that's the game eh?

On a straight straight boss fight like Brutallus, I can just pip the swordies if I get my rotations right. But swords is definately the easier game and much better on trash etc. I set a principle, I'll only go swords if I ever got Warglaives. Until then, Daggers FTW!

Oh, forgot to mention, I'd probably bring a few alts over if I like the server. Got Prot Pala, Frost Mage and working on a Priest and Warrior for fun :lol:
Sacs

Postby Tusvor » Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:07 am

Nice apply, we are having officer meeting Sunday night, we decide there and get back to u asap....:)
Tusvor

Postby Mjölnir » Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:22 am

Indeed nice application. About the rogue class, well recently not that many rogues was in raids, we even had to use the last times on RoS/Bt alts to make sure the kicking was not a problem.

With Vall/Jek there comes another rogue to guild, which is a long term friend of the guild and because of that get a quick invite.

However, that dont mean there is no chance for you. What me likes as old fart if ofc the age which is the same as mine. So we will see, like said we have tomorrow officermeeting and then we will see further.
Mjölnir

Postby Theseus » Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:04 am

Hey someone older than I am, (even if only by a year or two). Nice solid application. I take it you are looking for a long term spot. Such as being in the same guild when it comes to time to kick the Lich Kings rotten teeth in?
Theseus

Postby Sacs » Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:57 pm

Thanks for the nice replies :D

In reply to Lykofos, I'm looking for a nice place to call home. New server and new friends with a mature attitude to continue the end game and start WOTLK; particularly people with later night activity. As I mentioned in my app, Silver Ascension really was the right place but it disbanded for various reasons. They had a really healthy balance of raiding, social, people who helped each other AND could stay on later that 22:00! Check out our old site http://svac.streamlinenettrial.co.uk/index.html. After they disbanded a number of them left the server and the place doesn't feel quite right anymore. :cry:

I hope this all makes good sense and I look forward to hearing from you after your meeting.
Sacs

Postby Theseus » Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:21 pm

Sacs wrote:Thanks for the nice replies :D

In reply to Lykofos, I'm looking for a nice place to call home. New server and new friends with a mature attitude to continue the end game and start WOTLK; particularly people with later night activity. As I mentioned in my app, Silver Ascension really was the right place but it disbanded for various reasons. They had a really healthy balance of raiding, social, people who helped each other AND could stay on later that 22:00! Check out our old site http://svac.streamlinenettrial.co.uk/index.html. After they disbanded a number of them left the server and the place doesn't feel quite right anymore. :cry:

I hope this all makes good sense and I look forward to hearing from you after your meeting.

Nice response. We see so many yo-yo players (bounce in, get loot, bounce out) that its nice to see someone who is looking for a long term guild home. We are mature (most of the time :P), yet we like to have fun too. We definitely have plans on seeing Arthas in the future and having him "cough up" the Purple Pixels (just as Illidan did a few nights ago). And yes we are all bunch of vampires (Agghh sunlight! It burns!) when it comes to our raiding times.

I currently do not have any say in whether or not someone gets an invite however you get a Yes vote from me.
Theseus

Postby Sacs » Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:59 pm

Hi guys,

Any news on things? I'm not really in a rush or anything but I'm in the mood for sorting my realm transfer and wanna establish where I'm going.
Sacs

Postby Mjölnir » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:23 pm

actual this is a tough call. From the profile you would fit well do us, but with Wotlk coming around we not really want to invite much more people.

So the timepoint is not the best :)

Personally i would like to give you a trial, but I am not sure about other Gms. So in other words no decision made yet.
Mjölnir

Postby Shaítan » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:03 pm

Are you that young mjöl?? I thought you were like...ehm...anyways...

I dont like rogues, only the ones in our guild ;) but you seem like a mature and nice guy, and we shouldnt have to use alts on important fights like RoS and Council.

But its not my call ofc:)

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

- Douglas Adams

Nerf Rouge!!!
Shaítan

Postby Tusvor » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:48 am

I would also like to see this guy in Serenity, think he would fit in well...:)
Tusvor

Postby Slamdorff » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:32 am

Supported.
He seems nice - a bit young though....
tusv?r wrote:I would also like to see this guy in Serenity, think he would fit in well...:)
Slamdorff

Postby Mikah » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:18 am

I agree with this.

I'm not sure what we can offer you from TBC for the next month tbh. But from asking our members, only 1 rogue intended on playing as rogue in WotLK (others either not answering or going DK).

So I'd say it's up to you.
Mikah

Postby Skibba » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:42 am

Shaítan wrote:I dont like rogues, only the ones in our guild ;)

Present company excluded I hope? :-)

"That's true. He's funny, but he's not that funny. I'll take a dick over a smile any day. . . . . Yes, I will." - Eddie Murphy - Raw
Skibba

Next

Return to Recruitment