MEMBER | X-realm application. Druid. [Curajo]

Moderator: Officers

MEMBER | X-realm application. Druid. [Curajo]

Postby Guest » Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:58 pm

In game name (including previous names if any): Curajo

Class and build: A druid. 0/0/61.

Link to your Armory, CTProfiles, or RPGOutfitters page? (If you are not using your raiding specc because of PvP or whatever reason, please link the raiding specc you will be using):

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=0ZZxEIxeqreRt
This requires some explaining.
Curajo is my main char, and I've played it inside out. My main spec has always been feral, be it as an OT or kitty. Most of my gear is feral oriented for obvious reasons.
I don't mind applying as a feral druid to Serenity, but I understand that you might not be looking for a feral druid at the moment (or maybe you are, for dps purposes?), so I'm applying as a resto druid.
As mentioned above, I've played as feral for the last 2 guilds I was with so I'm admiting right here that my resto kit is a bit lacking.
Here's the important gear facts you need to know:

My head, bracers, gloves, legs and boots items are from BT/MH. I've managed to collect these as offspec. They are all fully enchanted and gemmed.
The rest of my healing gear is a mix of rep rewards and some kara gear.
Allow me to be blunt for a moment - for someone who's main spec was feral I've managed to collect some very decent healing gear, and I can, without a doubt, complete the set in a hurry via some badges and/or loot from raids.
My current resto gear is touching the 2K +healing.

Just for the record - my feral gear is made out of T6/T5 items.
Former guilds (on Bronzebeard or on your current realm): Andromeda

Why did you leave your former guilds?:
I haven't left them, yet. The reason is that many core raiders left, and I just feel the blow was too hard for the guild. Sadly I don't really see them progressing beyond the point where they are now and that's not a place I want to be at when the new expansion hits.

What is your former raid experience (pre-TBC and TBC)?
I only started playing after BC came out. I've cleared everything in BC contend upto 5/5 in MH and 5/9 in BT.

Why do you want to join Serenity?
Ok, this is a very important question so bear with me while I answer!
This application didn't really give me a chance to properly introduce myself. Name's Curajo, and I'm a network engineer. I'm 28 years old, married and I have a 6 months old baby girl.
I used to be a really hardcore raider until that little kid was born. Once she was born everything changed and I had to stop playing for a few months, and when I did come back I couldn't fit into any guild's time table. Serenity provides something that most guilds can't - a proper time table for people who just can't make a 19:00 raid.

In the search for a late night raiding guild that isn't stuck on Karazhan I only found a handful, out of those if you take out the horde, pvp, and red-eye guilds who raid till 4am, you're left with a very selected group of guilds.
I'm a good player, and I'm a nice person and I'm willing to put my time, effort and concentration for the general good, and in return I expect to be in a serious guild with real goals who's made up by men and women who share these goals.

At the moment Serenity seem to be that guild, at least on my part.
I'm looking for a place to settle in. To finish the current content and keep on going when WoTLK hits and I truly hope I could find that here.

Do you have open applications to other guilds? No, I do not.

Any member in Serenity that can vouch for you? I'm not from this server, so I don't know anyone. I've spoken to Ril for a bit.

The important questions now. Please take a moment to think about those before you answer.

Can you play at our official raiding times which are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday from 9pm - 1am server time?
- Yes.

This is probably the most important question. We are a raiding guild, and even though we do not force anyone into raiding, we are expecting players that will join us to show interest in raiding at least 2-3 days each week.
- No problem. I can make that quota.

Can you log on to the Serenity website and sign up on the raid calendar each week whether you can attend raids or not? Yes.

Do you intend to show up for raids prepared, PVE raid specced, repaired, enchanted, gemmed and with a minimum set of buffs (food, oils, potions)? Always.

We are planning on using a Suicide Kings loot distribution system, do you agree with this? (X) YES ( ) NO

(X ) I have read the Forum sticky: Intro to Serenity
(X ) I have read the Forum sticky: Guild Rules and Goals

Personal Note:
I truly believe I can be an asset to your crew. I understand what's going on around me and I try to look at the big picture at encounters rather than the "tunnel vision" most people have when they're slamming their favorite attack button.
Applying as resto is a good and refreshing change for me, and I believe I can do a very good job if given the chance.

Thank you!

Cur
/pur
Last edited by Guest on Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Theseus » Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:17 pm

Nice solid application however you did forget to answer this question:

Can you play at our official raiding times which are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday from 9pm - 1am server time? Yes.
This is probably the most important question. We are a raiding guild, and even though we do not force anyone into raiding, we are expecting players that will join us to show interest in raiding at least 2-3 days each week.

It seem that you are looking for those raid times, however we do require COMPLETE applications and do reject incomplete ones. You can answer the question by simply editing your original post. Good luck!
Theseus

Postby Guest » Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:30 pm

I did answer. You can see my "Yes" response at the end of the sentence, after the "...1am server time?".

Editing it now to make it more clear.

Re: X-realm application. Druid.

Postby Mikah » Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:03 am

Anonymous wrote:Why do you want to join Serenity?
Ok, this is a very important question so bear with me while I answer!
This application didn't really give me a chance to properly introduce myself. Name's Curajo, and I'm a network engineer. I'm 28 years old, married and I have a 6 months old baby girl.
I used to be a really hardcore raider until that little kid was born. Once she was born everything changed and I had to stop playing for a few months, and when I did come back I couldn't fit into any guild's time table. Serenity provides something that most guilds can't - a proper time table for people who just can't make a 19:00 raid.

In the search for a late night raiding guild that isn't stuck on Karazhan I only found a handful, out of those if you take out the horde, pvp, and red-eye guilds who raid till 4am, you're left with a very selected group of guilds.
I'm a good player, and I'm a nice person and I'm willing to put my time, effort and concentration for the general good, and in return I expect to be in a serious guild with real goals who's made up by men and women who share these goals.

At the moment Serenity seem to be that guild, at least on my part.
I'm looking for a place to settle in. To finish the current content and keep on going when WoTLK hits and I truly hope I could find that here.

Great application.

I don't think we need a feral druid, and with a new resto druid on trial, I am not sure we have a place for another healer. Although that comes and goes these days.

Put differently, we generally have no problems filling raids (apart from the odd day), meaning that until WotLK comes out, it would be hard to push someone else aside for a new recruit.

However, if you are looking for long term, I am sure that there will be some players that will stop playing/reroll DK/change main/change guild, etc... The usual.

From reading your application, I think you correspond exactly to the type of players that this guild has been created for. If you think in the future you would fit with our time/days at which we raid, I don't think we would refuse you.

WotLK will be a gear reset, and who knows what class/spec will be needed. I am sure we would welcome a good player regardless of who is in the guild and if you would like to go back to playing feral then (or resto or balance), I think that would be fine.

Anyways, just trying to give you a picture of what you could expect. Having said that, we have had some recent new players that have become very regular and are raiding almost every time they wish to... And we have had some 23-24 man raids as well.
Mikah

Postby Amaiya » Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:13 am

I've spoken to this applicant and they were very polite and well spoken, a two thumbs up from me in that regard ^^.
Amaiya

Postby Guest » Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:55 pm

Amaiya - Thanks. I'm not sure why you addressed me as "they" for I am buy one man! or druid for that matter.

Mikah - I'm a raider. I love it and I look forward to it. I understand the concept of rotation and I know not everyone can come along every time. The last thing I want is to find myself sitting on the bench for the next 50 or so days until the expansion comes out and spamming "/g good luck in <raid> you guys!" :)
As long as there's some balance I'm ok with it.

Curajo

Postby igby » Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:47 pm

We have discussed your application and if your ok with raiding resto atm, we would be happy to have you for a trial. Let us know if and when you transfer.
igby

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:01 pm

It'll be a pleasure to raid as resto.
I'll start my transfer sequence today.

Thanks!

Curajo

Return to Recruitment