TRIAL - Gorbadoc

Moderator: Officers

TRIAL - Gorbadoc

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:42 pm

In game name (including previous names if any): Gorbadoc

Class and build: Mage, 50/0/11 currently, can switch to fire
(This is the class and specc we expect you to be raiding with. No main-alt changing and no specc changing without approval from your Class Leader. You can bring all your alts in the guild if you want, but this will be the character/specc that will be invited into raids.)

Link to your Armory, CTProfiles, or RPGOutfitters page? (If you are not using your raiding specc because of PvP or whatever reason, please link the raiding specc you will be using):

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... n=Gorbadoc

Former guilds (on Bronzebeard or on your current realm): Originally The Pie Club, then Aurei Serpentis. Then Judgement/Wrath of Judgement and finally (currently) Wheeler Dealers)

Why did you leave your former guilds?: Pie Club disbanded, as did Aurei Serpentis. Judgment merged to with War of Wrath to form Wrath of Judgement where I stayed until they pretty much disbanded. Now in Wheeler Dealers as a casual player.

What is your former raid experience (pre-TBC and TBC)?
Pre-TBC: Onyxia, MC, BWL, no Naxx though.
TBC: Kara, Gruul, Maggie, ZA, TK (3/4), SSC (5/6), MH (2/5), BT (3/9)

Why do you want to join Serenity? First and foremost - Wheeler Dealers are a good guild - it was good of them to give me a casual spot, so I'm not leaving them because I am unhappy. I wanted to take a break from raiding to have a bit of a rest and spend some more time with Chaos and Mayhem (my two young sons). But now I want to get back into raiding a bit more, but have struggled to find a guild that suits my raiding times (I live in the UK, so cant start raiding until 8.30pm server time). So I'm looking for a mature raiding guild that is raiding BT/MH (and soon Sunwell) that doesnt have crazy raid requirements (e.g. 5 raids per week). My ex GM (from WoJ) just joined, plus there are some other ex-WoJ players and even the odd ex-AS players in there, so its also an opportunity to rejoin some old friends and have some fun.

Do you have open applications to other guilds? No

Any member in Serenity that can vouch for you? Vritra (he only just joined but is imba), Savarina, Magellan (if he remembers me!), Valdur. and there's also this vicious rumour going around that some crazy northern bloke called Duckie is in your guild.

The important questions now. Please take a moment to think about those before you answer.

Can you play at our official raiding times which are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday from 9pm - 1am server time?
This is probably the most important question. We are a raiding guild, and even though we do not force anyone into raiding, we are expecting players that will join us to show interest in raiding at least 2-3 days each week.

Yes, times suit me down to the ground. I sometimes have to work away from home, and there's always the chance of a kiddy crisis, but on the whole I can make 2-3 raids a week.

Can you log on to the Serenity website and sign up on the raid calendar each week whether you can attend raids or not? Yes

Do you intend to show up for raids prepared, PVE raid specced, repaired, enchanted, gemmed and with a minimum set of buffs (food, oils, potions)? Yup - but Vritra is really the king of lube, just so you know ;)

We are planning on using a Suicide Kings loot distribution system, do you agree with this? (Y) YES ( ) NO

(Y) I have read the Forum sticky: Intro to Serenity
(Y) I have read the Forum sticky: Guild Rules and Goals

Postby Eldanor » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:48 pm

wow another old AS member, Hey gorbadoc, I can vouch for this guy as well, raided all pre-tbc upto naxx with him, Great team player, mature attitude and good knowledge of his class. Good luck m8

Duck
Eldanor

Postby savarina » Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:10 am

And another WoJ member. If we need insane dps, that's Gorba - the nice and skilled little gnome :) Besides, every guild needs it's own Santa Claus:)

Good luck with your nice apply, hope to see you soon in our raids.

Sav
savarina

Postby Mjölnir » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:50 am

Nice App, hope to catch you today in the evening.

But Sav "insane dps" tsk tsk. So he has a Lock alt also ? :)
Mjölnir

Postby Amaiya » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:16 am

I recognise the name from pre-TBC with my Rogue, stalking you whilst in Sworn as we waited for kazzak kills.
Amaiya

Postby Tusvor » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:13 pm

savarina wrote:And another WoJ member. If we need insane dps, that's Gorba - the nice and skilled little gnome :) Besides, every guild needs it's own Santa Claus:)

Good luck with your nice apply, hope to see you soon in our raids.

Sav

Mages cant DPS :D
Tusvor

Postby Slamdorff » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:46 pm

Hey Gorbadoc,

Pls come and pawn Tusv?r and Mjölnir, pls....
Slamdorff

Postby Jura » Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:50 pm

Mages can't DPS and I beat you in MH last time. Ergo, Tus can't DPS!

OK, the reason was that Mjoel was not in support group, but hey Tus, you started slacking lately...You are not the one that should say that Mages can't DPS :D
Jura
Nerf me!

Postby Mjölnir » Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:56 pm

Just wanted to say, of course Gor will own us locks, because he gets a shadowpriest, a totemshamy, another known mage and a personal slave in his group, like all mages here around.

And Jura highly suprisiing that you are now higher in dps, no idea why that can be. Maybe because of 4xtier6 bonus ? nah thats too unlikely.

Anyway, Will contact you this evening Gor and we will invite you as far as i can see. Be aware a little Mage/Lock argument is going on here in guild (unfortunatly) , but thats most likely not different in other guilds (even more unfortunatly).
Mjölnir

Postby Eryale » Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:14 pm

Nice so their gonna be a new mage in the ranks off serenity :D

NIce app and see you in the guild :)
Eryale

Postby vritra » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:48 pm

Realy nice mage and a imba player and good friend.. He is tiny but Lethal works better then stealth he says :P. Hope u get in mate.
vritra

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:22 pm

Thanks for all the nice comments and feedback. Sorry I wasnt online last night, I was working away from home. Will be online tonight though, and looking forward to being part of the team.

Gorba

Return to Recruitment