DENIED | Casual Rogue Application

Moderator: Officers

DENIED | Casual Rogue Application

Postby Guest » Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:36 am

(YES) YES ( ) NO Note: by ticking YES, you agree follow the guild charter.

In game name (including previous names if any):
Roguey

Class and build:
20 Assasinatin/41combat/0 sublty

Link to your Armory, CTProfiles, or RPGOutfitters page? (If you are not using your raiding specc because of PvP or whatever reason, please link the raiding specc you will be using): http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... d&n=Roguey

Former guilds (on Bronzebeard or on your current realm):
Order of the Shadow, And his bunch of idiots (my guild), guild of five vectors, Knight fever (current guild)

Why did you leave your former guilds?:
GM never on, inactivity, went wrong (my own)

What is your former raid experience (pre-TBC and TBC)?
Kara whole, Bit of ZA , Magtheridons

Why do you want to join Serenity?
Well few days ago i saw a very decent kitted Rogue, so i asked about the guild and if id get in. They said id almost definately not get in being serious but i have a chance if i join as a casual raider. so i got the website and here i am now!

Do you have open applications to other guilds?
no

Any member in Serenity that can vouch for you?
Vadria, the rogue i met

The important questions now. Please take a moment to think about those before you answer.

Can you play at our official raiding times which are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday from 9pm - 1am server time? yes, i love to raid its just kit is hard to get hold of!
This is probably the most important question. We are a raiding guild, and even though we do not force anyone into raiding, we are expecting players that will join us to show interest in raiding at least 2-3 days each week.

Can you log on to the Serenity website and sign up on the raid calendar each week whether you can attend raids or not? yes ill probally be on here alomost each day to check news etc.

Do you intend to show up for raids prepared, PVE raid specced, repaired, enchanted, gemmed and with a minimum set of buffs (food, oils, potions)? yes

We are planning on using a Suicide Kings loot distribution system, do you agree with this? (YES) YES ( ) NO

(YES) I have read the Forum sticky: Intro to Serenity
(YES) I have read the Forum sticky: Guild Rules and Goals

Postby Theseus » Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:48 pm

Ciao Roguey

In general we do not recruit casuals as our main focus as a guild is 25 man PvE Raiding. Why do you want to join a Raiding guild as opposed to the casual guilds that can be found on Bronzebeard?
Theseus

Postby Vaidra » Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:31 pm

Sorry for the late response! I've been busy all day and have to apologize again :s

I was talking to Roguey in game and he would like to join a guild of experienced players, hoping to learn more from us and to basically get tips from those who are supposed to be the best of his class. So I said if he really wanted to, make an app for a casual and see where it goes.

And perhaps take him in some Kara runs when there's a space.

In all, I just wanted to try and give him a little home where he can gain experience from higher-end players. And, of course have fun ^^

*Licks nails* Mmm...
Vaidra

Postby Guest » Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:40 pm

pretty much all in all what vadria was explaining. most people in casual are the same geared and know as you are so ebing around well geared experirenced players would really help and im sure you guys are freindly!

Postby Skibba » Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:14 am

Not that my comments mean anything, but i'd say even if you're applying to a guild as casual, you should at least show some effort in your gear if you expect to tag along for raids. At the moment I would'nt want to bring you to Kara based on your gem/enchant choices.

Weapons = no enchants. Get mongoose on both. They are S2 weapons and will see you through until MH/BT level raiding.

Wrist = no enchants. Atk power enchant is 6 arcane dust or something? Thats about 5 gold? Sort it out.

Legs = no enchants. Midnight legs will see you through beyond Kara. Enchant them with 40 atk power 10 crit leatherworking enchant at least.

Chest = No gems & no enchants.

Gloves = no enchants and dodge gem? atk power, or agi enchant needs to be on these..... again, dont be cheap. You mentioned in your application a couple of times 'Well geared Rogues' but you dont get well geared by joining a guild and getting epics without putting any effort in beforehand. My sig is a good example of what lots of people I have encountered expect from 'Raiding'. Also, dodge gems? You shouldnt be tanking, so you shouldnt need dodge. Hit/agi gems ftw.

Tbh i'd highly recommend doing some reading up about the Rogue class. Best place for that is the forums found on www.roguespot.com.

In particular, i'd recommend having a read of this sticky thread.

http://forums.roguespot.com/viewtopic.php?t=8508

"That's true. He's funny, but he's not that funny. I'll take a dick over a smile any day. . . . . Yes, I will." - Eddie Murphy - Raw
Skibba

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:48 pm

well i just got mongoose on one claw saving money for other one, sockets cost and it all adds up any money making schemes? and my wrist are greens atm so whats the point?

Postby Tusvor » Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:37 pm

Anonymous wrote:well i just got mongoose on one claw saving money for other one, sockets cost and it all adds up any money making schemes? and my wrist are greens atm so whats the point?

Well, bad excuse about gold, it has never been easier makin money than it is now, u can easily make 200g a day on just doin dailies, so dont say u cant afford it, it also cost gold to raid, how will u afford that then???
Tusvor

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:21 pm

cos i cant do dailies each time i go into shat or quel there so many ppl ittl DC every 5mins

Postby Theseus » Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:35 pm

Anonymous wrote:cos i cant do dailies each time i go into shat or quel there so many ppl ittl DC every 5mins

Then why join a Raiding guild? I know you want to be a Casual, however we are simply not a Casual guild. If you had really read the Guild Rules and Goals (aka our Guild Charter) then you would seen this paragraph:

Welcome to Serenity! We are an endgame (Tier 6) Raiding guild with a social side that is active later at night. As result of our play times many of our members are working adults who tend be a bit older (mid 20s to 40s) than normal for World of Warcraft. Our goal is to down the hardest bosses offered in World of Warcraft in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. We view World of Warcraft as a fun hobby as opposed to a job. Many of us are friends and have been playing together since the early days of Bronzebeard's existence. Others are newcomers to our guild. However we all share the same goal: To see new content, to master all of the raid encounters and to have fun doing so.

Our focus as a guild is on 25 man PvE (Player vs Environment) Tier 6 Raiding.
We do enjoy PvP (Player vs Player) in its various forms, however PvP is not our focus.

I have highlighted the word Raid (or its variation) in blue. This is the first section of our Charter and the word Raid is used three times. It is used throughout the charter which should make it pretty clear to you: We are a Raiding guilld. We generally limit Casuals to close friends and family of our Members. I really don't think you would feel comfortable in Serenity.
Theseus

Postby Tusvor » Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:51 pm

Application Denied.....
Tusvor

Postby Slamdorff » Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:54 pm

Vaidra wrote:In all, I just wanted to try and give him a little home where he can gain experience from higher-end players. And, of course have fun ^^

That was a nice and fine thought, Vaidra.

Good luck, Roguey in finding a suitable guild. I can fully understand you wish to hang around and learn stuff here.

Next time you apply as casual in a raiding guild I suggest that you answer something like" Applying only as casual" to every question about raiding. Your answers about time and ability to raid and "yes" to always show up as prepared implies that maybe you expect to raid anyway and quickly leads to a "declined", which is understandable.

Cheers
Slamdorff

Postby Vaidra » Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:43 pm

I feel greatly to blame for this as I wasn't thinking at the time, and didn't think anything through seriously... The conversation developed and it lead to me saying 'Try applying to our guild as a casual, it couldn't hurt'. And of course I didn't check his armoury profile or anything, I just sort of said what was on my mind at the time because perhaps I was in a good mood and just wanted to say something nice... Who knows.

But I'm very sorry to Roguey and all of the officers for acting irresponsibly. I'll not just recommend someone should join as a casual just as a spur of the moment comment in the future. Though I have been advising Roguey on a few things in game to try and make up for my stupidity.

Sorry again.

*Licks nails* Mmm...
Vaidra

Return to Recruitment