DENIED | Shadowpriest appl. Valenz

Moderator: Officers

DENIED | Shadowpriest appl. Valenz

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:29 pm

Before you even bother, have you read our guild rules and goals? Does it corresponds to what you are looking for?

(X) YES ( ) NO Note: by ticking YES, you agree follow the guild charter.

In game name (including previous names if any): Valenz

Class and build: Night Elf Shadowpriest
(This is the class and specc we expect you to be raiding with. No main-alt changing and no specc changing without approval from your Class Leader. You can bring all your alts in the guild if you want, but this will be the character/specc that will be invited into raids.)

Link to your Armory, CTProfiles, or RPGOutfitters page? (If you are not using your raiding specc because of PvP or whatever reason, please link the raiding specc you will be using):
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... d&n=Valenz

Former guilds (on Bronzebeard or on your current realm):
Anachronos: Converge
Current: legendary monkeys

Why did you leave your former guilds?:
Converge were very unfriendly people that took the game way to serious, i had to report every step i took, from beginning a alt to changing a enchant.

What is your former raid experience (pre-TBC and TBC)?
Pre- TBC: mostly with my rogue: ZG, MC, AQ, BWL but no Naxx
TBC: cleared with priest: kara, gruul, mag, ssc, tk, and some MH

Why do you want to join Serenity?
For once in my WoW play time I wanna join a serious and motivated guild that is not short sighted and wants to make progress. A guild that works on solving problems instead of whining about them or creating them. A guild that likes a laugh and be serious when it has too. I believe you guys are that guild and I (dont think dirty now) would do anything to get a trial. I promis i wont let you down. Give me a chance and ill show you...

Do you have open applications to other guilds?
No

Any member in Serenity that can vouch for you?
Maybe Gurham, he never seen me playing but we had a short chat.

The important questions now. Please take a moment to think about those before you answer.

Can you play at our official raiding times which are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday from 9pm - 1am server time?
This is probably the most important question. We are a raiding guild, and even though we do not force anyone into raiding, we are expecting players that will join us to show interest in raiding at least 2-3 days each week.
I can attend the 2-3 raids. I do however have exams about every 2-3 months that take 1-2 weeks. I will be studying those weeks and will not attend raids, i will inform Serenity about this of course.

Can you log on to the Serenity website and sign up on the raid calendar each week whether you can attend raids or not?
Yes

Do you intend to show up for raids prepared, PVE raid specced, repaired, enchanted, gemmed and with a minimum set of buffs (food, oils, potions)?
yes of course!

We are planning on using a Suicide Kings loot distribution system, do you agree with this? ( ) YES (x) NO
No rewards for motivatation, being on time and punctuality.
The bottom liners can bid more since they have less distance to Suicide.
Lists that makes it possible for a raid member to recieve multiple items.

It has its advantages aswell, but its what i think about it.

(YES) I have read the Forum sticky: Intro to Serenity
(YES) I have read the Forum sticky: Guild Rules and Goals

Postby Mikah » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:36 pm

Hey,

You said you are not ok with using suicide kings. That is the system we use for looting.

I'm not sure why you still proceeded with your application...
Mikah

Postby Shaítan » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:50 pm

And we dont bid for items. Whoever highest that needs the item gets it. Then he is suicided and others move up. Its a very fair system.

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

- Douglas Adams

Nerf Rouge!!!
Shaítan

Postby igby » Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:35 am

Within Sk looting you have rank systems, so highest rank of raider can outbid member or initiate, regardless of position on sk list. The rank is attained by high attendance, good raid performance, punctuality etc all determind by officers. The system can be abused ofcourse but officers try to prevent this, I have rarely seen anyone receive 2 items in a raid unless it was a tier item and a normal item which have seperate sk lists, and when they do recieve 2 items it is down to the fact no one else wants it usualy an off-spec item.
igby

Postby Mikah » Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:13 am

Hello again!

I would just like to know a few details and ask a few questions if you don't mind.

We are considering your application as we would like more raiding shadowpriests, but I am sure you realize we are at the end of Black Temple and you are applying with Karazhan gear.

You said you have cleared Gruul/Mag/SSC/TK and some MH on your priest, yet the only drop you have from all those instances is the cloak from Maulgar. How come you got nothing else? What kind of experience you have from those instances?? A few runs, or really worked through them??

Also, you are not using the ring you get from the quest for killing Vashj and KT. If you had cleared SSC/TK, you would have it.

Why using the uni-mind headress instead of the spellstrike hood since you got the pants? The dps increase is huge!

You also got +20 spellpenetration on your cloak (which is pretty much the only drop you got from a 25man instance). It's a totally useless enchant. Why did you not put something better?

You are also using many spellcrit gems, as well as int/mp5 gems. Why?

You could also greatly improve a few pieces of gear with badge stuff, such as your weapon. Have you just recently reached lvl70?
Mikah

My appl

Postby Valenz » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:53 pm

Hi, here are the following answers too your questions...

I would just like to know a few details and ask a few questions if you don't mind.
Of course i dont mind!

We are considering your application as we would like more raiding shadowpriests, but I am sure you realize we are at the end of Black Temple and you are applying with Karazhan gear.
My gear isnt perfect as i staded in my appl. There doesnt drop a lot of Shadowpriest gear in kara... The items that i did wanna get, well let me say i'm not a very lucky person. The converge raiding guild had 6 casual raiding priest with 3 of them Shadow.

You said you have cleared Gruul/Mag/SSC/TK and some MH on your priest, yet the only drop you have from all those instances is the cloak from Maulgar. How come you got nothing else? What kind of experience you have from those instances?? A few runs, or really worked through them??
Like is sayed, i gues im not a very lucky guy, the pants that drop from Kaz Rogal in MH was passed to a lock for having more DKP. The bracers from winterchill to a mage. Been doing Hex Lord, but no succes. This may not be a excuse for you but at least understand we are not all blessed :wink:
And now to be more specific about my rading xp.
Cleared kara 40x, gruul 25x, Mag 10x, ssc 15x, TK 15x, MH 2x.
You can check converge website and see for yourself
http://www.converge-dh.com/dkp/tier5/li ... 0&show=all
My name was Valens and i still have 88 DKP

Also, you are not using the ring you get from the quest for killing Vashj and KT. If you had cleared SSC/TK, you would have it.
Im dont know what quest you are talking about.

Why using the uni-mind headress instead of the spellstrike hood since you got the pants? The dps increase is huge!
I had the spellstrike hood (i still have) but the intellect is very small (12) the heardress has 40. Wearing my heardress makes it easier for me to keep up and controlling my mana. Since i created the perfect timing for myself to be high on dps lists (bosses that is) and keep people up with mana and health at the same time.

You also got +20 spellpenetration on your cloak (which is pretty much the only drop you got from a 25man instance). It's a totally useless enchant. Why did you not put something better?
What is better? subtlety? Fade and gone aggro (and i would like to see a SP overaggroing with salvation against a experienced tank), agility or increase armor or defense rating? If you have a more usefull enchant ill be happy to put in on.

You are also using many spellcrit gems, as well as int/mp5 gems. Why?
I changed some for pvping, more crit and get a little more mana etc. I will change them back, no problem!

You could also greatly improve a few pieces of gear with badge stuff, such as your weapon. Have you just recently reached lvl70?
After doing kara so many times I dont have the power to do it once more for badges. (you know, when you get really sick of it) And i dont like dungeons.... And no i have not recently reached lvl 70. My reputation is high with many factions, i helped many friends that i consider more valuable then items, and i have been grinding some gold :p on 12k atm ^^

One last thing. I only HEARED of suicide Kings ive never worked with it before. I can say what i do like about Suicide Kings aswell, but the disadvantages are currently a bit heavier. My answer was only intended fair against Serenity. My oppinion can change if i may ever come to work with it.

Look i know that TK and SSC is what you guys do when you finish early or feeling bored. I wanna show that im motivated, know my class well and that gear says a lot but not everything. See yourself in my position, motivated, punctual, social and dedicated but never had the chance of expressing it.
Valenz

answers

Postby Valenz » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:56 pm

for in- game i can be on my alts. Rolzz, Recuso or Relaxo
Valenz

Re: My appl

Postby Mikah » Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:03 am

Allright.

After discussion, I think we will try the shadowpriest we have on trial at this point, but thanks for taking the time to fill up the application.

Just a few pointer if you allow me:

Valenz wrote:You said you have cleared Gruul/Mag/SSC/TK and some MH on your priest, yet the only drop you have from all those instances is the cloak from Maulgar. How come you got nothing else? What kind of experience you have from those instances?? A few runs, or really worked through them??
Like is sayed, i gues im not a very lucky guy, the pants that drop from Kaz Rogal in MH was passed to a lock for having more DKP. The bracers from winterchill to a mage. Been doing Hex Lord, but no succes. This may not be a excuse for you but at least understand we are not all blessed :wink:
And now to be more specific about my rading xp.
Cleared kara 40x, gruul 25x, Mag 10x, ssc 15x, TK 15x, MH 2x.
You can check converge website and see for yourself
http://www.converge-dh.com/dkp/tier5/li ... 0&show=all
My name was Valens and i still have 88 DKP

According to that DKP site, you have been in 2 SSC raids and never killed either Vashj or Kael'thas. In fact, the guild Converge has never killed those bosses. So it would be surprising you cleared SSC and TK 15 times.

Also, according to those numbers, you would have somewhere around 400-500 badges, yet you are not using any of the badge gears except the trinket? (All bosses drops 2 badges, including in 25man raids and karazhan.).

DKP has nothing to do with luck. If you had cleared those instance that many times, there is no way you could not get something with your DKP.

Valenz wrote:Also, you are not using the ring you get from the quest for killing Vashj and KT. If you had cleared SSC/TK, you would have it.
Im dont know what quest you are talking about.

That quest is from CoT, and the only thing you need to do is kill Vashj and KT once. It gives you the title Hand of Adal and one of the best ring in game. It was the quest that was required to be attuned to Mount Hyjal and then Black Temple.

Valenz wrote:Why using the uni-mind headress instead of the spellstrike hood since you got the pants? The dps increase is huge!
I had the spellstrike hood (i still have) but the intellect is very small (12) the heardress has 40. Wearing my heardress makes it easier for me to keep up and controlling my mana. Since i created the perfect timing for myself to be high on dps lists (bosses that is) and keep people up with mana and health at the same time.

Keep up your mana? If you only focus on spelldamage, you can easily reach a point where you will have pretty much infinite mana. You will regenerate more mana then you use. Intellect is totally useless for a shadowpriest. I don't think I have used a mana potions or even shadowfiend for so long now.

Valenz wrote:You also got +20 spellpenetration on your cloak (which is pretty much the only drop you got from a 25man instance). It's a totally useless enchant. Why did you not put something better?
What is better? subtlety? Fade and gone aggro (and i would like to see a SP overaggroing with salvation against a experienced tank), agility or increase armor or defense rating? If you have a more usefull enchant ill be happy to put in on.

Well pretty much everything you mentionned is actually better. Agility would mean dodge, at least something that is slightly useful. But yes, Subtlety is the enchant of choice.

Fade is not an aggro dump like feint or vanish btw. The aggro all comes back after 10 seconds. It's the most useless spell ever for raiding purposes. If you are not near the top of aggro using VE and VT, it's not because you are playing with great tanks. It's because your dps must be awfully low.

And there are a few fights where the tank gets aggro dump like Void Reaver or Bloodboil. No matter how much aggro he does, he will be bumped down, so subtlety would really matter there.

Valenz wrote:You are also using many spellcrit gems, as well as int/mp5 gems. Why?
I changed some for pvping, more crit and get a little more mana etc. I will change them back, no problem!

Even for pvp, crit sucks for shadowpriest. We don't have a talent like hunters/mages/warlocks that increases our critical damage by more then the minimum 50%. Also, only two of our five dps spells can crit (SWD and MB), of which accounts for less then 40% of our total damage (even less when you can't use SWD). If you would want to gem for pvp, you would have used resilience instead most likely.

Anyways, to be honest with you, all those things we could have taught you and helped you with. However, when we are considering an undergeared player to join us, we at least expect to have someone showing his willingness to learn. If you had been raiding since pre-TBC in BWL/AQ/MC, you would have known where to find information. What you just described just show how little you know about the game in general and how little effort you have put in tweaking your character to get the most out of it.

To top it off, I have to admit I do not believe you cleared SSC/TK 15 times and yet don't have a single drop from there. Even if you had been rolling, this is just beyond unlucky. But with DKP, there is no way you could not have gotten at least a few of the many upgrades there. You don't even have a single Tier5. Clearing SSC/TK 15 times means you have seen 45 tokens for each of the 5 slots. How many raiders were in your guild? Seems like everyone got their T5 twice before you got any. Doesn't make sense.
Mikah

Return to Recruitment