Moderator: Officers

TRIAL |Karmakrazy - Resto Shaman

Postby Karmakaze » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:26 pm

In game name (including previous names if any):
Karmakrazy

UK

Class and build:
Resto Shaman

Link to your Armory, CTProfiles, or RPGOutfitters page? (If you are not using your raiding specc because of PvP or whatever reason, please link the raiding specc you will be using):
http://armory.wow-europe.com/character- ... Karmakrazy

It has me down as elemental spec at time of posting but my spec is now restoration.

Former guilds (on Bronzebeard or on your current realm):

The Conclave (what is now called Past Tense)
Serenity
Greater Silence

Why did you leave your former guilds?:

The Conclave - I left because my friend was booted from the guild by GM and no explanation was given for why he was kicked

Serenity - I quit WoW for a few months to RL, when I came back I went to Greater Silence because I wasn't raid ready and my friend wanted me in this guild, I'm coming back now because I'm ready to raid high end content properly

Greater Silence - Assuming I get accepted to Serenity, I will be leaving Greater Silence for high end raiding, the GM of GS (Torson) is fine with my leaving to raid and I will be keeping my hunter in that guild to stay in contact.

What is your former raid experience (pre-TBC and TBC)?
Every raid instance in TBC except for Black Temple and Sunwell Plateau

Why do you want to join Serenity?
To experience high end raiding with a guild I know and can trust

Do you have open applications to other guilds?
No

Any member in Serenity that can vouch for you?
I know most the people who were in the guild from October 07 till February 08, I'd like to think someone might wanna vouch for me hehe

The important questions now. Please take a moment to think about those before you answer.

Can you play at our official raiding times which are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday from 9pm - 1am server time?
Definately

This is probably the most important question. We are a raiding guild, and even though we do not force anyone into raiding, we are expecting players that will join us to show interest in raiding at least 2-3 days each week.

Can you log on to the Serenity website and sign up on the raid calendar each week whether you can attend raids or not?
Of course

Do you intend to show up for raids prepared, PVE raid specced, repaired, enchanted, gemmed and with a minimum set of buffs (food, oils, potions)?
Of course

We are planning on using a Suicide Kings loot distribution system, do you agree with this? (x) YES ( ) NO

(x) I have read the Forum sticky: Intro to Serenity
(x) I have read the Forum sticky: Guild Rules and Goals
Karmakaze

Postby Mjölnir » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:02 pm

Thanks for your re-app Karma. We will discuss it and then talk to you soon.
Mjölnir

Postby Amaiya » Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:24 pm

Heya's karma, are you willing to take onboard some advice for gearing and things like addons / healing styles - a few tweaks here and there and im sure you'd be able to top the healing charts.
Amaiya

Postby Karmakaze » Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:10 am

Amaiya wrote:Heya's karma, are you willing to take onboard some advice for gearing and things like addons / healing styles - a few tweaks here and there and im sure you'd be able to top the healing charts.

Yeah of course I will, I'm always willing to learn/teach new stuff.

Also sorry for my late reply, I've had a lot of rl stuff happening and only just got time to get online, but all is well now so here I am! :)
Karmakaze

Postby Slamdorff » Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:09 pm

Hey Karma, and welcome back.

When you left you wrote:

"The reason I have played WoW lately is to raid, and I talked with Tusvor about respeccing and I decided to go to enhancement and last Sunday at the raid I rolled for a necklace for offspec along with Slamdorff and I think Jura said something like "come on Karma you're resto" and before I even had time to answer it was given to Slam... That's not a kinda immature "I didn't get loot, I'm leaving" kinda thing it's just that it made me realise that I don't have a place in the guild anymore.. Sure I can heal but I'm shit at it, I should be near the top with my gear but I'm just trailing along the healing charts"

The guild power equipped your resto shammy to being one the best geared players in guild. And right after that you wanted to change spec. Then not getting one single piece of off-spec MH trash drop, made you feel "you had no place in guild". (And you know how stressful giving out epic trash drops in MH was in the beggining).

Also you think you sucked at healing.

Would it be fair to ask why you will stay this time and what spec would be your favorite to play now?

Also I believe you played on other characters while quitting wow( I may be wrong) and is it true or false that you character is now and then played by somebody else also?

Also it took you 4 days just to check forum.

You're a lovely guy, so it would be nice to play with a fully focused Karmadude - but will it happen?

Cheers,

Slam
Slamdorff

Postby Karmakaze » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:12 am

Hey Slam, sorry I didn't reply I thought this would have been closed... Here are some answers....

The reason I got so frustrated was because people in guild saw me only as being a healer, but they didn't see you only as a tank, of course I appreciate how quickly my Shaman geared up, but if other Healers/people in the same tier band weren't getting the same right as me I'd have turned the gear down..

I did indeed give my account to my best friend irl to be like a caretaker for it while I took my break, when I came back to WoW I went on my account all was fine I trust my friend and it's a well placed trust, and my account is now back in my hands and only my hands. Also I never did this while I was in Serenity. Never.

I joined Greater Silence after coming back because I wanted to see if maybe my healing was better after the break, and I topped the healing charts... I came to Serenity after about a month because I felt I was of the calibre necessary for t6 raiding, and last nights performance has proven to me that my healing isn't as bad as I thought.

I explained the reason I took 4 days to answer, this was because I had rl issues and ofc rl comes before wow (to go into detail the issue was that my landlord kicked me out for missing rent so I had to move in with parents till I made money)

If you have any more questions I'll be happy to answer :)
Karmakaze

Postby Slamdorff » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:07 am

Hey Karma,

Sry for late reply.
Thx a lot for commenting on my concerns, even though I probably had no particular right to publish them.

As said - you're a nice guy and having you as a focused resto shaman to fully support the raiding team would definitely be an asset.

Cheers,

Slam
Slamdorff

Return to Recruitment