APPLICATION CLOSED |Resto Druid - Cross Realm

Moderator: Officers

APPLICATION CLOSED |Resto Druid - Cross Realm

Postby Guest » Mon May 26, 2008 12:22 am

Hi there is an application enquiry to see if there is any interest from your perspective.

To cut a long story short I restarted my Alliance characters above 4 months ago after re-rolling Horde for TBC. When WOTLK was announced I decided that Alliance is what I wanted to be as I never felt a true affinity to the Horde faction. So I levelled my Druid and Warrior to 70, got them both Kara attuned, did many terrible PuG's and farmed a few 100k's of honour in BG so that I could start raiding. I managed to join a great guild which start raids later at night, (a key consideration for me), but with the advent of Sunwell the guilds focus is very much focused in that direction.

I am no were near the raid standard of the guild kit wise. My druid is my main char but I only pump out 1650-1700+ heal with 220mp5 whilst casting ... rising to 300+mp5 raid buffed. But they have essentially stopped any raiding in SSC/TK and don't do MH that often. There has only been 1 SSC raid in the last 5 weeks. Since joining them I have PuG'd kara, banged around in 5 man heroics and signed up for almost every raid in the hope they all fall ill and I may get a slot - I stand around for hours hoping for a slot. I have managed however to improve my kit a lot since joining but the gap is growing rather than closing. I am an active player, I like to raid at least 4 times a week, unfortunately this is not going to happen in my current guild. Raid experience wise I have completed AQ20, ZG, MC, BWL, Onny, Kara, 3/6 SSC, 2/4 TK, and 4 bosses in ZA.

I saw you guild on the late night slot on the offical forums and thought I would at least ask the question. I know nothing about this server or its BG group. I will post an armoury link when its back up.

Thanks for reading :)

Postby igby » Mon May 26, 2008 12:38 am

Probably your best bet is to make an alt on our realm and have a chat with myself or another officer.
Assuming your 18+ and can raid at least 2 of our raid days a week regularly we would consider your application.
Its whether the person fits the guild, gear can be easily improved, attitudes can't.
igby

Postby Guest » Mon May 26, 2008 1:21 am

igby wrote:Probably your best bet is to make an alt on our realm and have a chat with myself or another officer.
Assuming your 18+ and can raid at least 2 of our raid days a week regularly we would consider your application.
Its whether the person fits the guild, gear can be easily improved, attitudes can't.

Sure will do :) ... married, 2 kids, happy go luck peep, no drama and like to feel part of the family.

Postby Theseus » Mon May 26, 2008 8:56 am

If you are serious about applying, please fill out the application template linked on the Recruitment forums. This way we can get the info we need.

We are always in the hunt for a good Resto Druid. They are pretty rare outside of Arenas, largely because trying to farm as one for repair money/consumables is about as fun as DIY dentistry.
Theseus

Postby Mikah » Tue May 27, 2008 1:11 pm

We currently have no resto druids raiding right now, apart from an alt that comes when needed.

So it's quite fair to say you would most likely have an easy raid spot (and not much competition for the leather healing loot).

However, we don't do SSC/TK anymore either. We are focusing on MH and BT at this point, and that's where we spend most of our time.

If that suits you, by all means come and have a chat!
Mikah

Postby Guest » Tue May 27, 2008 6:08 pm

Hi again

Thanks for all the info and update on your raiding progression. Although one of the problems with my current guild is the raid times which finish at 2:00 - 2:30am ST the other is that they are further advanced than my char. I do sometimes get to see the odd raid, I was dropped into Gore last night and had to instantly learn the ghost tactics, and 2 MH bosses I had no knowledge of for example. But, I don't think this is what I want from a game - never mind the pressure of instantly learning new stuff, trying to ensure I am not seen as the weak link with people who have 600+ more heal than me etc ... Whilst I didn't screw up thank god, I don't want to be the person that lets the team down or given a free ride - its not a great feeling knowing that your the only person in the raid who as no clue of what is going to happen next. Maybe my current guild is a little over focused as well - not sure.

I've rambled on a bit, but I think you folks are at a similar stage of raid progression as my current guild and thus a similar situation to my current position. Here is my armoury link - http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... g&n=Sorcka if you think I'm not to far behind kit wise and can play a useful role then I would love to log in and have a chat and make a formal application. If you think hmm - yes his kit is a bit weak for what the guild really needs then just say no ... maybe another time.

Again thanks again for your replies.

Postby Laraht » Tue May 27, 2008 7:11 pm

Oh, Kilrogg, thats my old realm :o
I heal, you kill
Laraht

Postby igby » Tue May 27, 2008 7:40 pm

Personally I've no issues with your gear, it may not be great but the guild is in a position where all leather healing gear would in theory go to you assuming your in the raid. And hopefully you have some badges hidden away to upgrade that way aswell. So increasing your healing and mp5 will just take time, aslong as you can keep up / read up on the bosses we are actively raiding im sure we would survive, with you in raid. If your still interested just make an alt on our server for a chat with an officer.
igby

Postby Selo » Wed May 28, 2008 12:22 pm

as the only resto druid in the guild (which is just an alt char already) i can say that your gear is not bad indeed. you may need a couple of upgrades/enchants which can be done easily by a little effort. other than that i can suggest natural shapeshifter in resto talent tree to save mana for extra form changes, like from tree to normal form to decurse or urgent healing touch issues.
good luck with the application :)
Selo

Postby Guest » Thu May 29, 2008 1:21 pm

Thanks again for the information.

Since Tuesday I have thought over everything that has been said. As I mentioned before my main reason for enquiring was that with the stage of progression of my current guild I am a bit of a square peg in a round hole, and I don't want to be sitting on the sidelines and then dropped into raid and feel or be seen as if I am the weak link. The fact is I am a weak link and your guilds stage of progression is similar to mine, and thus in my mind the same issue exists - part guild and part my sense of trying to been a good player in a very good guild like my current one.

Thus I will try and tough it out and do my best for my current guild. If that gap ends up been to big to breach there is always WOTLK where we all start again from zero.

Again thx for your feedback and take care..

Postby igby » Thu May 29, 2008 5:48 pm

:( seriously what do we have to do, to get a resto druid into this guild?
igby

Postby Skibba » Thu May 29, 2008 5:49 pm

igby wrote::( seriously what do we have to do, to get a resto druid into this guild?

Force Mjolnir to quit his lock and spec his druid resto :) You guys got 8 million locks as it is.

"That's true. He's funny, but he's not that funny. I'll take a dick over a smile any day. . . . . Yes, I will." - Eddie Murphy - Raw
Skibba

Return to Recruitment